Dion Dawkins joins Colin Cowherd to talk Stefon Diggs' trade, Bills expectations, | NFL | THE HERD

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you heard he was moving on.
 What was your take?

it was more so just a deep breath.
 It was just like,all right.

Steph was a great teammate.
 Like Steph is probably one of the best teammates that I've had.

Seeing how he prepares for a game, how he treats his teammates,
 how he executes his passion.

And I think what the world mistakes of what they're
 calling drama is just the passion that he has for the sport.

Like I don't expect anybody to be happy with losing. Like and we're all not frantic, but like we're all at that height of emotions.

Like it's an emotional sport.

And Steph is an emotional guy for the things that he loves.
 And football is one of those things.

And I think we're like, like we're going to miss him.

We love him. And if it was time, and Brandon Bean has all those keys.
 Like we don't control any of that.

You know, I was sad to see him go, but I'm happy to see him smile.

And you know, he's smiling and he'll be a great player wherever he goes.

And I'm just glad that, you know, like we got to take a shot at it with Steph.

That was a whole bunch of fluff, and could be completely true, but you can’t expect anything else, there after all is a code of conduct when it comes to interviews, and Dion is a professional when it comes to this stuff, that and none of these guys are going to put themselves in a position that their employer or coworkers frown on, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I like this take on Diggs.

You don't want conflict that rises to a team distraction, but you want guys who are passionate about winning or losing so it's a balance thing. We have seen players in this league that just collect the check and are unfazed when on the wrong side of a tight loss or blowout. Who wants that?

What I always have said, it was a good time for a fresh start for both the team and Diggs and no hard feelings as I think he balled out for us as long as he could with the way our offense was designed with Daboll and a bit with Dorsey. Often could tell he was playing dinged up too.

That being said, you could see more of a change in offensive philosophy with Brady, less funneling of targets thru your #1 and more towards more run/pass balance for manageable down and distance and to keep the chains moving.

...and there is the cap. Organizations have to retool

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

That was a whole bunch of fluff, and could be completely true, but you can’t expect anything else, there after all is a code of conduct when it comes to interviews, and Dion is a professional when it comes to this stuff, that and none of these guys are going to put themselves in a position that their employer or coworkers frown on, 

Or current and former teammates and friends I suspect :)

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Or current and former teammates and friends I suspect :)

Yup, I should have added that, 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

I like this take on Diggs.

You don't want conflict that rises to a team distraction, but you want guys who are passionate about winning or losing so it's a balance thing. We have seen players in this league that just collect the check and are unfazed when on the wrong side of a tight loss or blowout. Who wants that?

What I always have said, it was a good time for a fresh start for both the team and Diggs and no hard feelings as I think he balled out for us as long as he could with the way our offense was designed with Daboll and a bit with Dorsey. Often could tell he was playing dinged up too.

That being said, you could see more of a change in offensive philosophy with Brady, less funneling of targets thru your #1 and more towards more run/pass balance for manageable down and distance and to keep the chains moving.

...and there is the cap. Organizations have to retool

It's not like last year with a new offensive coordinator was the first of it with him. He has Josh Allen and a fat a$$ contract so I don't know. Maybe too much to expect him to fight until the end? How hard you work doesn't always mean instant gratification or any gratification for that matter. It seems like Diggs uses work ethic as a shield to be a prick. He's also not the first highly competitive person that lost a game or several games and had to come back and get after it. If his attitude in those moments is to get a fresh start he is going to keep finding himself in those moments. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't doubt Diggs wants a superbowl. I don't doubt he worked his craft with the team while he was on the team. I don't doubt he had his doubts about the Bills getting to a SuperBowl. That is what it had to be about.

Bean did him a solid I think. Put him in a spot that has potential. It isnt great the way it ended but we had some fun runs. 

The only thing I can hope for is that the Bills to prove him wrong and for him to sit down on the field sad again, as the Bills roll past them. 

No hard feeling though, still will show respect if it happens the other way around and give them flowers. 

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I read that and didn’t think it could be worse than this listening to him say “like” every 3 words. But reading it definitely makes it even worse. 

I "Liked" your comment....See what I did there? 😀

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

It's not like last year and offensive coordinator change was the first of it with him. He has Josh Allen and a fat a$$ contract so I don't know. Maybe too much to expect him to fight until the end? How hard you work doesn't always mean instant gratification or any gratification for that matter. It seems like Diggs uses work ethic as a shield to be a prick. He's also not the first highly competitive person that lost a game or several games and had to come back and get after it. If his attitude in those moments is to get a fresh start he is going to keep finding himself in those moments. 

This is a really solid take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/11/2024 at 11:25 AM, mrags said:

I read that and didn’t think it could be worse than this listening to him say “like” every 3 words. But reading it definitely makes it even worse. 

I think all of the “likes” are filler as Dion made sure he was saying the politically correct things that would not get back to Diggs and “start something.”  Trust me, he knows what the locker room was like and he knows what happened to Diggs’ production down the stretch.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I think all of the “likes” are filler as Dion made sure he was saying the politically correct things that would not get back to Diggs and “start something.”  Trust me, he knows what the locker room was like and he knows what happened to Diggs’ production down the stretch.

Have you ever heard him in an interview? He uses “like” more than blonde valley girl. 

• Haha (+1) 2