Over/Under Will Buffalo rush for more yards in 2024 than we did in 2023?

Will Buffalo rush for more than 2,212 yards or less?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Buffalo rush for more yards in 2024 than we did in 2023?

• More than 2,212 yards?
    • Less than 2,212 yards?

I hope that we do... the only way I see us not based on what I saw from Brady last year is if we have a rough go of it and have to play from behind more than we typically do, then we clearly could be under. 

Edited by JP51
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I hope that we do... the only way I see us not based on what I saw from Brady last year is if we have a rough go of it and have to play from behind more than we typically do, then we clearly could be under. 

This poll is extremely lopsided! 21-2? Wow.. I don’t think it’s as simple as fans think.. What if Cook misses time due to injuries? That right there could handicap our rushing attack. I suppose Ray Davis could step in need be but he’s still just a rookie.

Def more . Brady highly values the run game as he should and we finally have a run game with Josh

14 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

This poll is extremely lopsided! 21-2? Wow.. I don’t think it’s as simple as fans think.. What if Cook misses time due to injuries? That right there could handicap our rushing attack. I suppose Ray Davis could step in need be but he’s still just a rookie.

Can play the What If game at any position 

• Like (+1) 1

The rushing yards were pretty consistent with the previous three seasons. I think the Bills were forced to turn to the run game more because of the lack of effectiveness of most of their receivers, including Diggs, Davis, Harty, and Sherfield. They basically only had Kincaid and Shakir to throw to.

So, I voted for under, not because I think there will be a big dip, but because I think the Bills will have a more effective passing game this year and the rushing will remain close to the same.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

I think injuries are always a wild card for sure all things being consistent I think that the increased focus on the run game has one logical result so my thought is the way to eliminate the logical result of an increased focus on the run is if situationally we have to abandon it based on our need to catch up. That being said yes we sustain injuries to Cook Davis Johnson  etc that clearly will have a negative effect

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

Will Buffalo rush for more yards in 2024 than we did in 2023? Or less?

2023:

512 attempts 4.3ypc 2,212 yards 22 TDS

Hey, what gives......I go a few days without starting a new over/under thread, and you swoop in and steal my act!!!!😛

As for the question, I went over not because I think the Bills will run a great deal more than they did last year(they probably will run it a little more than last year), but because the RB room is a lot stronger than last year.

Cook with another year of experience, the young fresh legs of Ray Davis, and a full year of Ty Johnson at RB3 is far superior to an injured Damian Harris and a Latavious Murray with not much tread left on the tires

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, MJS said:

The rushing yards were pretty consistent with the previous three seasons. I think the Bills were forced to turn to the run game more because of the lack of effectiveness of most of their receivers, including Diggs, Davis, Harty, and Sherfield. They basically only had Kincaid and Shakir to throw to.

So, I voted for under, not because I think there will be a big dip, but because I think the Bills will have a more effective passing game this year and the rushing will remain close to the same.

Shhh. You're not allowed to say on this board that Diggs and Davis were ineffective and that the Bills will have a better receiving core this year. 

I see the running game staying strong and growing with the use of Ray Davis. That is not meant to slight Ty Johnson who had a nice campaign last year in limited use. Allen rushed for 240 (approx.)fewer yards than the previous two seasons last year. If there were a Cook back injury, I could see a vet coming in for insurance, and Allen’s use trending up. I believe the rushing yards will increase over 2023 but not due to failure of the passing game. The line will once again be an area of strength. Preservation of Allen’s health is pivotal to getting to the championship. I have faith in our receiver group. The will be very effective, and surprise those who consider the loss off Steff a huge problem. I do not. Joe Brady will become  the newest shiny penny in BFLO. 

On 7/11/2024 at 12:58 AM, ghostwriter said:

Will Buffalo rush for more yards in 2024 than we did in 2023? Or less?

2023:

512 attempts 4.3ypc 2,212 yards 22 TDS

22 rushing TDs was 5th in the league last year and Josh Allen had the second most rushing TD after Raheem Mostart

Josh is an insane weapon

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

22 rushing TDs was 5th in the league last year and Josh Allen had the second most rushing TD after Raheem Mostart

Josh is an insane weapon

I’m almost waiting for Josh to break LaDainian Tomlinson’s single season rushing record!

The WRs they have are better blockers than last year which should allow for more explosive plays in the run game.  The backs are all good receivers (with the exception of Cook’s drops) so a team can’t just line up to stop the run with poor coverage LBs without being exposed.  I think the Bills will take advantage of the defenses they face so if they end up under it will most likely be because teams are getting torched with bad personnel against our backs in the passing game.   We’ll see how they look in camp but I think this is going to be a physical offense.