A Day With Keon Coleman

Lost

17 hours ago, Augie said:

That is what they are trying to show us it seems, but that doesn’t make it false. 

As @Shaw66 mentioned, the roll over on the ground and catch drill looked odd, but it must help your core and it really has to sharpen your eyes and ball tracking. I saw a tennis player recently laying on the ground with someone swinging balls above their eyes to track with a still head to get them tracking and focused. I don’t care if it looks goofy, I just pray it helps! 

I think the drill was meant to work on catching the ball out of a rotation. You hear the trainer talk about being dizzy after the roll? It probably simulates quickly rolling around a DB only to see the ball right in your face, with little chance to react or get your balance right.

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They need to research Jordan's story. Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team and took that as motivation to become the GOAT. Kobe and LeBron were already high school greats before entering the league. Jordan had to go the collegiate route 

Yeah, I was going to say that. Nobody outworked Jordan. He was the complete package. Great on defense, too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They need to research Jordan's story. Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team and took that as motivation to become the GOAT. Kobe and LeBron were already high school greats before entering the league. Jordan had to go the collegiate route 

A bit of context here.  Jordan was cut from his HS varsity team as a 5'10 sophomore.  He grew 5 inches from his sophomore to junior year. So he had to play JV another year.

Going to the NBA directly from HS was not an option at Jordan's time.  The NBA did not draft anyone directly from high school from 1976 to 1995.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

Hard not to like everything Keon has done so far.  Speaks like a vet.  I think those that doubt him will come to regret that.  I think in 24 he exceeds most peoples expectations.   

I loved how he handled the roll over catch drills. Perfect exercise to prepare for Allen's velocity. 

I also loved his breakdowns of defenders on routes and how he would approach it.

I try to temper my expectations because he's a rookie but he impresses me more and more with each clip.

15 hours ago, stevewin said:

No shade at you - but the Jordan 'cut' story is not the big deal it sometimes is made out to be - as a sophmore he tried out for varsity and was placed on JV instead - which is a pretty typical scenario for a sophmore.  He was skinny and 5'10 and had a growth spurt after

He still wasn't the "prodigy" Kobe or LeBron was considered to be in HS.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

A bit of context here.  Jordan was cut from his HS varsity team as a 5'10 sophomore.  He grew 5 inches from his sophomore to junior year. So he had to play JV another year.

Going to the NBA directly from HS was not an option at Jordan's time.  The NBA did not draft anyone directly from high school from 1976 to 1995.

All I was stating was that when it came to work ethic, nobody optimized it more than Jordan. Even Kobe understood it 

17 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

He lost me at Kobe.  # Jordan GOAT  

These kinds of debates are utterly futile anyway. But the way he couched his answer as to why he chooses Kobe is perfect. 

If nothing else you can tell he really wants it. His natural physical traits combined with his work ethic and attitude make me optimistic he will be ready sooner rather than later. His cuts in this clip already look noticeably better than the limited clips we saw out of OTAs.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If nothing else you can tell he really wants it. His natural physical traits combined with his work ethic and attitude make me optimistic he will be ready sooner rather than later. His cuts in this clip already look noticeably better than the limited clips we saw out of OTAs.

It's always nice when you don't have to worry about a guy's work ethic and will to be great.

Keon is incredibly easy to root for. He seems uncommonly humble, grounded, and genuine, and his sense of humor is already starting to be nationally recognized. Add what seems to be a genuine desire to do everything he can to be great and a top notch set of physical traits, and it equals a guy that I'm incredibly eager to see step foot on the field, and to quiet any doubts I have about him.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He will need to get used to the physicality of NFL DB'S.   But when he does, he is going to get really physical with them. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd say the same about McD winning a Super Bowl but I know there's those saying he should have at least two by now with the god Josh Allen.

You're right, of course, Doc.

But if we win a Super Bowl after decades of shattered dreams, I'm going to savor the moment.  I won't be thinking about how many Lombardis we should have had by now or why we may not repeat.  I'm just going to be good Zen Buddhist, live in the now, and cry with joy.  For months.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're right, of course, Doc.

But if we win a Super Bowl after decades of shattered dreams, I'm going to savor the moment.  I won't be thinking about how many Lombardis we should have had by now or why we may not repeat.  I'm just going to be good Zen Buddhist, live in the now, and cry with joy.  For months.  

Me too but I know how some people think.

• Agree 1