A Day With Keon Coleman

Lost

CBS Sports and former Steelers DB Bryant McFadden went Texas to meet up with Coleman for a workout and to learn more about the Bills top WR draft pick.  

Unfortunately by the time Keon showed up the day was over and they had to wrap up production.  😂

Joking aside, this was a nice segment showing the work Keon has been putting in and highlighting is humble attitude.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 9

He is his own man, seems to have his stuff in one bag,

What's the difference between Keon Coleman in an interview setting and Keon Coleman running a route?

In the interview setting, he really knows how to separate himself from his peers.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great that this young man already knows where and how the db is going to attach him and how to use that to his advantage.

Has huge feet

Catches the ball with all hands and looks it in everytime

• Like (+1) 1

I think with a good QB in an NFL style offense he looks like a dangerous player.  Powerful size advantage, and a pretty good head on his shoulders it seems from a football IQ standpoint.  NFL offenses use option routes a lot to create space based on coverage reads, and Allen can put the ball anywhere on the field.  

Its the offseason and nothing is happening but color me excited that this kid could have a big year.  Being a strong dude also gives him 3 down potential because of his blocking.  I'm not sure how he'll handle iso press man, but you can also move him inside off the line on money downs.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Seriously, it looks like his footwork speed has improved. 

That is what they are trying to show us it seems, but that doesn’t make it false. 

As @Shaw66 mentioned, the roll over on the ground and catch drill looked odd, but it must help your core and it really has to sharpen your eyes and ball tracking. I saw a tennis player recently laying on the ground with someone swinging balls above their eyes to track with a still head to get them tracking and focused. I don’t care if it looks goofy, I just pray it helps! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

That is what they are trying to show us it seems, but that doesn’t make it false. 

As @Shaw66 mentioned, the roll over on the ground and catch drill looked odd, but it must help your core and it really has to sharpen your eyes and ball tracking. I saw a tennis player recently laying on the ground with someone swinging balls above their eyes to track with a still head to get them tracking and focused. I don’t care if it looks goofy, I just pray it helps! 

Well when Allen misses, it can go anywhere so...😁

Good video. Besides the fun moments, great to see he wants to put the work in. And his fave NBA player is Kobe — because even though he wasn't the most physically gifted (so says Keon, I don't know b-ball well) Kobe put the work in. It could all be talk but if so, he's putting on a great act for a kid.