Who is your surprise cut this year?

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Ty Johnson would be a surprise for me.  In the absence of another free agent pickup, it would mean that either Davis or one of the UDFA rookies is the backup for Cook.  I would not expect McD to place that much reliance on a first year back.

Why would they cut Johnson?  All he did is make something good happen almost every time he touched the ball. Not easy to find players like that and you don't just discard them.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Why would they cut Johnson?  All he did is make something good happen almost every time he touched the ball. Not easy to find players like that and you don't just discard them.

I mean, he had 30 carries last year and 7 catches. He made some nice plays, but its not like cutting Shady (Which this organization did do)

14 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean, he had 30 carries last year and 7 catches. He made some nice plays, but its not like cutting Shady (Which this organization did do)

yeah, after he was washed.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Offense.  Max Hollins.  Defense Mike Edwards.  A year removed from his cardiac arrest Hamlin will return to the player he was in 22 and is the third safety.  Numbers game puts Hollins off the roster.  Claypool, Coleman, and MVS make Hollins redundant.  Halmer is the last wr on the roster.  Hamler plays a Jon Brown role and is the primary kick returner.   

It's Mack. Matt

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/10/2024 at 8:28 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Remember this would be a surprise..

David Edwards

If Van Pran proves capable to play center, them McGovern stays at LG. I like Anderson to be the backup inside as he can also play Center. Collins is the utility knife that can play extra OT in heavy sets and can back up both OT and OG spots. 

This would be a major upset in my view.  McGovern has been training for Center and working with Josh since Morse was cut.  For Van Pran to start he’ll have to have an exceptionally strong camp and McGovern will have an exceptionally bad one.   The Bills do really like Alec Anderson however.  

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah I don’t see a path for Johnson to get cut.  Outside of Frank Gore Jr. there’s really no competition at RB - and he went undrafted for a reason

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That's why it would be a surprise for me.  It would mean that the rookies had supplanted Johnson and I don't expect it.  If it was something that I expect, it wouldn't be a surprise.

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

MVS.  Hamler and  Claypool both outperform him in camp.

The contracts matter. Looking at them and their guarantees is telling when projecting cuts. Usually you just need to follow the money:

MVS - 1 year, $2.25M, Fully guaranteed. 

Claypool - 1 year, $1.135M, only the $25k signing bonus is guaranteed. 

Hamler - 1 year, $1.055M, no guarantees. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/_/year/2024

Barring injury or complete disaster, MVS will make the 53 over Claypool and Hamler. 

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The contracts matter. Looking at them and their guarantees is telling when projecting cuts. Usually you just need to follow the money:

Barring injury or complete disaster, MVS will make the 53 over Claypool and Hamler. 

Its so crazy to me that a guy gets 25k guaranteed and its like nothing in the NFL. That would solve an insane number of problems for me 

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

ya he looked really good under Brady, was very impressive.  

We got a stud rb1 , Cook reminded me of prime Kamara last year, Davis should be a great complement and Ty as 3 is a great group. All 3 are lethal in thepass gm too

DE will be interesting,  Kingsley would be a slight surprise i like his progress, we got Von,Groot,AJ, Smoot, Solomon,Kingsley , feel like I'm forgetting someone,  do they keep 6 des?

Edited by JerseyBills

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

ya he looked really good under Brady, was very impressive.  

We got a stud rb1 , Cook reminded me of prime Kamara last year, Davis should be a great complement and Ty as 3 is a great group. All 3 are lethal in thepass gm too

prime Kamara doesn't drop multiple TD's in big moments.  I think Cook is good.  Maybe a Top 15 RB.   Not sure what to expect this year 

Ray Davis IMO could really steal a good % of touches 

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Not if he gets outplayed and out performed, they aren’t going to sweat 2.25 in dead cap. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

prime Kamara doesn't drop multiple TD's in big moments.  I think Cook is good.  Maybe a Top 15 RB.   Not sure what to expect this year 

Ray Davis IMO could really steal a good % of touches 

I'm very excited about Davis, optimistic he'll have a big role. 

Cook was 3rd, almost 2nd in scrimmage yards for rbs, top 15 is straight disrespectful.  I agree on the drops but he also made some big time catches, no reason he can't keep progressing and improve in that department, I think he's way closer to top 5 then top 15