ex Brown QB Bernie Kosar announces Parkinson's and Liver Disease Diagnoses

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

That sucks. Maybe the liver issue is from self-medicating.

Always liked Bernie.

Yes, there are other possible causes but cirrhosis of the liver is often caused by heavy drinking. As Bills fans know, players from that era liked to party.

I liked him too. Hope he does the best he can.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Sad to hear, however, that dude had a huge, huge drinking problem.

100 concussions and 15 seizures can do that to a guy.

If he is not drinking now I will give him a pass in my book.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

After a while with concussions and seizures, you would think a rational person would call it quits way before he did.  Reminds me of our current leader.

As a football player, I found him boring that stayed with the game way too long (obviously), reminds me of so many mediocre QBs the Bills had during the drought on terrible teams.

I hate to be cold but I cant imagine with Parkinson's he is no where near the top of the list for  a liver transplant.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Eyeroll 1

🙏

I believe to be even considered for a transplant you need to be able to show youve been sober for 6 months. So he must be off the booze for a while to be on the list. 

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

I believe to be even considered for a transplant you need to be able to show youve been sober for 6 months. So he must be off the booze for a while to be on the list. 

Again I hate to be cold, but with Parkinson's he should be at the bottom of the list, Parkinson's is irreversible and degenerative.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

As a football player, I found him boring that stayed with the game way too long (obviously), reminds me of so many mediocre QBs the Bills had during the drought on terrible teams.

Wow. He was a top QB in the AFC for 4-5 years, 3 AFC Title games. One of the best deep throwers ever, very smart QB. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Wow. He was a top QB in the AFC for 4-5 years, 3 AFC Title games. One of the best deep throwers ever, very smart QB. 

Wow.

He made one Pro Bowl, he lost more than he won, never throw for over 4,000 yards (granted a different era).  Mediocre starting QB on mostly dismal teams.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Again I hate to be cold, but with Parkinson's he should be at the bottom of the list, Parkinson's is irreversible and degenerative.

Not disagreeing just saying he must be trying to stay sober now to even have a shot at a transplant 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow.

He made one Pro Bowl, he lost more than he won, never throw for over 4,000 yards (granted a different era).  Mediocre starting QB on mostly dismal teams.

Usually when a team makes 3 AFC Title games, they're not dismal. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

After a while with concussions and seizures, you would think a rational person would call it quits way before he did.  Reminds me of our current leader.

How so?

Tua Tagovailoa is a guy who should really be concerned.