NEW FORUM FOR INVESTMENTS/STOCKS?

Buckey

Like to see a forum for investments/stock picks?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Like to see a forum for investments/stock picks?

• YES/WOULD PARTICIPATE
    • I MIGHT POST SOMETIMES
    • I WOULD READ MAYBE
    • NO INTEREST

I agree about Ivax. They are located close to me, and I've followed that company for over 20 years. It's relatively cheap compared to 06 earnings potential and forward PE at 15. But there isn't much movement, and there is increasing competition and takeover talk has been floating around for years now. As for BB stocks, I don't even consider looking at them. 1) they are on the BB for a reason  2) WAY to much manipulation  3) far to little disclosure especially on foreign exchanges like Vancouver. 4) low volume... Even though it has tripled since March, they are losing money, have no coverage, and the only information you can get about th "company" is from them and their "press releases". It's a typical pump and dump MM/PR manipulation stock. Why are you playing around with penny stocks that are losing gobs of money?

361764[/snapback]

I put the bulk of my money in more reliable companies, but I like to put some small amounts in high risk/high potential companies. I agree, it's not for the faint of herat, and you sure don't want to bet the family farm on it. I'm assuming you're speaking more about Torrent than Hyperdynamics, though both are losing money. Hyperdynamics has acquired a producing gulf coast property which gives it a revenue stream to help finance their African project. All of Torrents eggs are in the Coos Bay, Oregon project. If it doesn't pan out, or they run out of cash, their stock could end up being worthless.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Nisson's Candlestick charting books are great! I am too busy in the summer but love to trade in the winter. Trading for a Living by Alexander Elder is fantastic too. I also refer to Alan Farleys book Master Swing Trader

Steve Nisson's Candlestick charting books are great!  I am too busy in the summer but love to trade in the winter.  Trading for a Living by Alexander Elder is fantastic too.  I also refer to Alan Farleys book Master Swing Trader

362097[/snapback]

I'll have to check them out.

Stopped trading stocks almost three years ago. Now I have a fee based based money manager who is just doing great for me. Averaging about 11% return after taxes last three years, and couldn't be happier.I almost have no clue what im in, but my equity exposure is limited to mutual funds now, and while boring, better than my performance by a long shot over the 90's.

For the original poster who asked about options, if you are trading individual stocks, you really should learn about options. You can use them to earn income by writing covered calls, and also has a hedge agaisnt a downturn in a stock by buying puts. Obviosly too much ground to cover here, but they are not strictly a way to "gamble"

Stopped trading stocks almost three years ago. Now I have a fee based based money manager who is just doing great for me. Averaging about 11% return after taxes last three years, and couldn't be happier.I almost have no clue what im in, but my equity exposure is limited to mutual funds now, and while boring, better than my performance by a long shot over the 90's.

For the original poster who asked about options, if you are trading individual stocks, you really should learn about options. You can use them to earn income by writing covered calls, and also has a hedge agaisnt a downturn in a stock by buying puts.  Obviosly too much ground to cover here, but they are not strictly a way to "gamble"

362372[/snapback]

Absoultely. Writing covered calls on stocks you own are a great source of income, especially if the stock doesn't move much.

Great idea.

I'm shorting BF's sanity in anticipation of the Pistons winning game 7.

364597[/snapback]

I bought the 35 IQ puts and may pick up some 25 puts as well, I figure it will be down to 15 after the game.