NEW FORUM FOR INVESTMENTS/STOCKS?

Buckey

Like to see a forum for investments/stock picks?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Like to see a forum for investments/stock picks?

• YES/WOULD PARTICIPATE
    • I MIGHT POST SOMETIMES
    • I WOULD READ MAYBE
    • NO INTEREST

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be totally down with that... Myself and a friend get together and talk about this stuff frequently as it is.

360996[/snapback]

I think this would be awesome (SDS are you there?)

What do you like now? I traded GOOG options all the way and wow was that fun.

I believe there was an attempt to try a financial forum earlier, but it fizzled due to lack of interest.  There are quite a few places on the net, but I'm sure you already know that.  I'm in the biz, so I look at Elite Trader quite a bit.

361015[/snapback]

What do you like?

What do you like?

361095[/snapback]

I don't make recommendations. But if I did, I certainly wouldn't make them for free. 'Course, if I knew anything, I wouldn't have to work for a living.

:unsure:

Also, there are regulatory reasons that I cannot talk about specific issues. Sorry.

I would definitely participate. One word of caution. Don't pick a stock because someone else does. Tips from friends, cousins, and fellow Bills fans are a perfectly fine way to get ideas, but you've go to due your own due diligence, and don't plan on blaming someone else if an idea doesn't pan out.

Fairly young, 24yrs old, been in the stock market since i was 18... I just recently in the past yr felt like I knew what I was doing. I've been becoming a value investor in the past year or so... I rode best buy (BBY) from 50-68 in the past 2-3 months. If i had the abilitiy to short in my acct. which i don't right now I would love to short BBY and abercrombie (ANF). I feel both are overvalued. The only undervalued stock on my own radar now is (LTD) limited, and (WMT) back a week ago when it was at 47. (PSUN) Pacific sunwear was undervalued a week or two ago. I really like my two shorts though.

Anybody familiar with options, as I have not yet tried them. It seeems a bit more like gambling then actually buying the stock outright.

I would definitely participate.  One word of caution.  Don't pick a stock because someone else does.  Tips from friends, cousins, and fellow Bills fans are a perfectly fine way to get ideas, but you've go to due your own due diligence, and don't plan on blaming someone else if an idea doesn't pan out.

361136[/snapback]

EXACTLY.

This would just be a way to discuss different issues and throw around I deas.

Fairly young, 24yrs old, been in the stock market since i was 18... I just recently in the past yr felt like I knew what I was doing.  I've been becoming a value investor in the past year or so...  I rode best buy (BBY) from 50-68 in the past 2-3 months.  If i had the abilitiy to short in my acct. which i don't right now I would love to short BBY  and abercrombie (ANF).  I feel both are overvalued.  The only undervalued stock on my own radar now is (LTD) limited, and (WMT) back a week ago when it was at 47.  (PSUN) Pacific sunwear was undervalued a week or two ago.  I really like my two shorts though.

Anybody familiar with options, as I have not yet tried them.  It seeems a bit more like gambling then actually buying the stock outright.

361148[/snapback]

I trade options all the time. I had GOOG calls in the money 1 month out and made 10 grand the past few weeks.

I would definitely participate.  One word of caution.  Don't pick a stock because someone else does.  Tips from friends, cousins, and fellow Bills fans are a perfectly fine way to get ideas, but you've go to due your own due diligence, and don't plan on blaming someone else if an idea doesn't pan out.

361136[/snapback]

this or something like it should be a sticky at the top of that forum.