Solomon roster designation

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Thats fair.  Would mention that 5th round is bit of an investment for a player that wont make the team (I'm seeing 75% of 5th rounders make the roster link).  I would also think Toohill is easier to stash on the PS.    Agree Toohill is high effort/non stop motor, but I am much more interested in keeping the rights to solomon than keeping toohill.  

You know the numbers better than me because I haven't researched.  However, 75% of 5th rounders making the 53 man roster seems real high.  I'm not saying Solomon won't realize some true potential.  I'm just thinking a vet like Toohill, that appears to have been blocked from playing time by some really good DE's in front of him, is going to have to beat out.  I'm just not sure a 5th round pick is going to do that.  I certainly wouldn't hate it, because if he's good enough to make the game day line up, I love it.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Back when I was younger, there was no such a thing as an EDGE. Considering DEs make more money than LBs, some ingenious agent said, my client isn’t a LB, he should be paid as a DE, because all he does is rush the passer. Thus the EDGE was born. But they are basically just a LB.

I thought they were DEs who couldn't and wouldn't move inside , or set a edge against the run  😄

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

People aren't mentioning him but I think Toohill is going to play.

Don't count him out this early , thats for sure.

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You know the numbers better than me because I haven't researched.  However, 75% of 5th rounders making the 53 man roster seems real high.  I'm not saying Solomon won't realize some true potential.  I'm just thinking a vet like Toohill, that appears to have been blocked from playing time by some really good DE's in front of him, is going to have to beat out.  I'm just not sure a 5th round pick is going to do that.  I certainly wouldn't hate it, because if he's good enough to make the game day line up, I love it.  

Depth of competition is a very good thing. I also love it.

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Yeah I def don’t rule it out. Was wondering who you would cut and the answer is solomon. It’s not unreasonable but I think unlikely at least for the initial 53. Beane has had all his 5th rounders make the roster their first year (even Joseph and Fromm I believe). I could see toohill also getting the Ferguson treatment.  I think he’s acquired enough seasons to be a vet.  So maybe solomon gets the IR (happened to 5th round shorter among others) then toohill gets a little paycheck to grill in the parking lot

16 hours ago, White Linen said:

People aren't mentioning him but I think Toohill is going to play.

14 hours ago, White Linen said:

Toohill is making the team, IMO, with little issue. To me Toohill seems like a McDermott type of player.  High effort, non stop motor.  

Toohill is Trent Murphy without the big contract.

12 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yeah I def don’t rule it out. Was wondering who you would cut and the answer is solomon. It’s not unreasonable but I think unlikely at least for the initial 53. Beane has had all his 5th rounders make the roster their first year (even Joseph and Fromm I believe). I could see toohill also getting the Ferguson treatment.  I think he’s acquired enough seasons to be a vet.  So maybe solomon gets the IR (happened to 5th round shorter among others) then toohill gets a little paycheck to grill in the parking lot

I think maybe we were talking past each other.  I don't think Solomon is getting cut, I think he'll be a practice squad player.  I now know that's what you mean by making the roster.  I consider making the roster, the 53.  I consider making the team, includes PS players.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:04 AM, Magox said:

I'm cautiously optimistic of the pass rush Solomon can bring to the team.

I really wanted Hasson Reddick but knew we didn't have the cash. However, we may have just drafted him. Gut feeling and lots of hope.

On 7/8/2024 at 6:40 PM, BillsDad51 said:

Javon Solomon is only player listed as EDGE on the roster. Not making a big deal out of it, but it is a little curious.

I think the bigger question is: Why doesn't this guy have a nickname yet?  

I recommend King Solomon and his Mines (sacks)

• Like (+1) 1