Blue and Red Practice

Sorry if this is a duplicate, there are a couple training camp threads but nobody seems to be posting in them much anymore.

I live in Cincinnati and my family wanted to come up for a training camp practice but doesn't seem like had much success via the lottery. Anyone know if we would be able to attend the blue and red practice if we came up?  Obviously don't want to drive 7 hours to not attend.  Wanted to also take the little ones to Niagara falls.

Thank you so much in advance. If this does get deleted feel free to DM me any tips / information.

2 hours ago, BillsFan3434 said:

Sorry if this is a duplicate, there are a couple training camp threads but nobody seems to be posting in them much anymore.

I live in Cincinnati and my family wanted to come up for a training camp practice but doesn't seem like had much success via the lottery. Anyone know if we would be able to attend the blue and red practice if we came up?  Obviously don't want to drive 7 hours to not attend.  Wanted to also take the little ones to Niagara falls.

Thank you so much in advance. If this does get deleted feel free to DM me any tips / information.

you get the ticket for it.. but its not seat specific.. show up in line about an hour to 45 minutes early and you get a really really good seat about anywhere you want.

• Like (+1) 1

Man you drive slow if it takes you 7 hours to get to buffalo  from mason oh area.

Anyway get tickets for the scrimmage right at the stadium. It is just a short trip up 219 to 290 to 190 to get to the falls if you all have passports go to the ca side it has the better views if you can afford it do the maid of the mist trip.  I used to be 1 of the captains for years.  FYI It gets boring after a while going In a big circle 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I personally wouldn’t listen to what people are saying about showing up and expecting to get in. This year is the first year they have made extremely tough for even season ticket holders for St John Fischer. If the expectations follow camp itself, then the red vs blue practice will be extremely packed as well. I’ve been to it every year and it’s gotten more and more popular. Last year felt like it was almost a full house. And with camp tickets being harder to get your hands on this year I only expect this practice to be even busier.

I can tell you that I spoke with my rep about this particular practice and she said season ticket holders would have access to the practice first but they did not have specifics on when it would be available. 

like I said, my opinion is that with the limiting of camp tickets for season ticket holders for the total of 6 tickets for all of camp, this practice will be extremely tough to get into. I’m not saying you won’t be able to get in. But I wouldn’t chance it. My advise would be to ensure you have tickets before you make the drive from out of town.

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t remember if it sold out but it was extremely busy. Most full I’ve seen it. I expect it to be even more this season 

It’s capped at 40k seats, I believe, and it was extremely busy last year.  Parking has been a headache there for a couple of years.  Be early for this one. 

56 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s capped at 40k seats, I believe, and it was extremely busy last year.  Parking has been a headache there for a couple of years.  Be early for this one. 

It definitely sold out, but mostly because people were being super greedy and grabbing the max allotment of tickets with no intention of using them all.

Basically you could walk through the parking lot and get extras on demand.

I'd bet that 75-80% ended up getting used based upon the crowd size.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Be early yes. This idea that you can just show up with 45 minutes to spare is a joke. On a Friday night? Rush hour traffic? If you expect to pull into the lots 45 minutes early you will be stuck in traffic for an hour, just a mile or so from the stadium. 

be there over 90 minutes before this thing starts. And be in the stadium an hour before it starts. 

not to mention that if you had kids and a family of 4 or 5 to this thing, chances are you want seats for your kids so they can be close to the field. Maybe get a chance to see the players up close. Maybe get a chance to shake some hands. Stuff like that. If that is your plan you better be in that stadium at least an hour before it starts. 

• Like (+1) 1

See that is what's wrong with this weak team!

Back in my day ot was Black and Blue practices!  If you weren't black and blue after practice, you ran laps till you dropped!

Damn kids these days. And get off my lawn!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Be early yes. This idea that you can just show up with 45 minutes to spare is a joke. On a Friday night? Rush hour traffic? If you expect to pull into the lots 45 minutes early you will be stuck in traffic for an hour, just a mile or so from the stadium. 

be there over 90 minutes before this thing starts. And be in the stadium an hour before it starts. 

I went one year, it took us over an hour on the Thruway to get from about the airport to the stadium.  Normally that's a 20-minute drive on game day.  

Hadn’t seen that it was sold out. That’s disappointing. Unfortunately I didn’t receive any tickets for Rochester either. I have been to at least one training camp practice every year going back to Fredonia. Over 33 years, some good some bad. Just really surprised how things have changed. 

16 hours ago, BigPappaPump said:

Hadn’t seen that it was sold out. That’s disappointing. Unfortunately I didn’t receive any tickets for Rochester either. I have been to at least one training camp practice every year going back to Fredonia. Over 33 years, some good some bad. Just really surprised how things have changed. 

I had to get mine through a specific link on Ticketmaster, different from other years.