Speaking of Darwin candidates

16 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Those are lyrics from a song used in one of the Jackass movies…. But seriously how sad is it to get hammered in front of your family and friends and end up blowing your head off in front of them. It’s a really tragic for everyone that watch it happen. 

A terrible waste of good pyrotechnics 🤯 

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

It was probably a 5 inch shell 😥

Even a 2" mortar would probably kill you if you did something that stupid with it.

3 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

“Never enclose a firework” - Jason Pierre-Paul

Jokes aside, if you do fireworks for celebrations great, lots of fun, but safety should be the priority. I do a lot of fireworks at my house for the 4th, started going a bit over the top for Bills victories too, but always need to keep a controlled environment.

I keep my fence gate locked so none of the kids can come in. Stay across the street. If a shell doesn’t light, toss it! Not worth the risk . Clamp down the tubes, don’t let them fall and point back towards a house. Make sure there are rocks or bricks to support repeaters, don’t need those tipping or breaking into pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Those are lyrics from a song used in one of the Jackass movies…. But seriously how sad is it to get hammered in front of your family and friends and end up blowing your head off in front of them. It’s a really tragic for everyone that watch it happen. 

The neighborhood was probably like...."Ooooohh, Aaaaahh (clap clap clap clap clap clap)." (short pause). "Oh Sh**!"

as a  side note pertaining to fireworks in the state of California there are counties wherein they are illegal. San Diego is one such county. But folks can travel to San Bernardino or Ventura and they are available.

Fireworks to me are like guns. You better deal with them responsibly or not at all..

4 hours ago, muppy said:

as a  side note pertaining to fireworks in the state of California there are counties wherein they are illegal. San Diego is one such county. But folks can travel to San Bernardino or Ventura and they are available.

Fireworks to me are like guns. You better deal with them responsibly or not at all..

Best fireworks show I ever saw was in San Diego in 2012.  There was supposed to be about a half hour long professional show with stuff shot off at typical intervals from several barges in the harbor.  They apparently had a computer glitch that affected the timing, and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, went off all at once.  It was awesome.

If I recall correctly, nobody got hurt.  They should do it that way on purpose every year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Best fireworks show I ever saw was in San Diego in 2012.  There was supposed to be about a half hour long professional show with stuff shot off at typical intervals from several barges in the harbor.  They apparently had a computer glitch that affected the timing, and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, went off all at once.  It was awesome.

If I recall correctly, nobody got hurt.  They should do it that way on purpose every year.

in la Jolla and in LA this past 4th of July they had drones do a show. I've never seen one live. I'm going to look for a link its FABULOUS  though 🙂 No noise to scare dogs away and into shelters is my one  main reason I think they are the Bomb.

But not deadly U know what kind of bomb  I mean LOL

Edited by muppy

On 7/12/2024 at 8:59 PM, rusty shackleford said:

Jokes aside, if you do fireworks for celebrations great, lots of fun, but safety should be the priority. I do a lot of fireworks at my house for the 4th, started going a bit over the top for Bills victories too, but always need to keep a controlled environment.

I keep my fence gate locked so none of the kids can come in. Stay across the street. If a shell doesn’t light, toss it! Not worth the risk . Clamp down the tubes, don’t let them fall and point back towards a house. Make sure there are rocks or bricks to support repeaters, don’t need those tipping or breaking into pieces.

A

B

C

We have a few camps on the shore of a secluded stretch of the Allegheny where we shoot every year.

I don't think I'd have the stones to cut loose in a neighborhood with no margin for error. :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1