Speaking of Darwin candidates

131562733_web1_20220627dj-freedom-fest-1

Last year, fireworks accounted for an estimated 9,700 injuries resulting in hospital emergency room visits.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2024/07/02/july-4th-fireworks-injuries/74247807007/

From Illinois to Utah: Firework mishaps claim lives and injure dozens this July 4th

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/07/05/july-4th-firework-deaths-injuries/74280499007/

Jul. 6, 2024

Man killed by fireworks that exploded near his chest, officials say

https://www.waff.com/2024/07/06/man-killed-by-fireworks-that-exploded-near-his-chest-officials-say/

Sellars was shooting fireworks with some friends by holding them in their hands. One of the fireworks exploded into Sellars’ chest, causing him to fall to the ground, bleeding with a large, gaping hole in his upper body and a cut on his right hand.

Jason Pierre-Paul Award

In Colorado, a man lost most of his hand on Wednesday night when a firework he held blew up in his hand, the Colorado Springs Fire Department said in a report on its Facebook page. The incident happened in the Cheyenne Mountain area, southwest of Colorado Springs, the CSFD said.

Several injured by fireworks shot into a crowd at an Independence Day show at BYU

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/05/us/stadium-of-fire-concert-fireworks-injuries/index.html

Several people were injured Thursday evening by rogue fireworks that landed in the stands of onlookers at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah, during the America’s Freedom Festival, CNN affiliate KSTU reported.

Man injured after firework launched into vehicle in Bargersville, Indiana

https://dailyjournal.net/2023/07/03/man-injured-after-firework-launched-into-vehicle-in-bargersville/

The driver told first responders that he was traveling through the intersection when what is believed to be a mortar firework round was launched into his vehicle. It exploded near his legs, causing injury, and he was transported to a nearby hospital in stable condition, Pruitt said.

Posted (edited)

A. Screwed from birth by having two first names.   You either end up killing yourself or someone else.

B.  When you've been drinking always always listen to your wife.  

C.  Pretty colors doesn't always mean safe.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

In the late 70's (after the Bicentennial) the Town of Cheektowaga saved money by using a lower tier or fly-by-night  fireworks  presenter for their 7/4 show at the town  park.  

The display tipped over  and fireworks started shooting into the park. I was there and people started running in al directions and  and screaming.  My uncle was in St. Joe's hospital across the street at the time and he saw one skyrocket  land in front of rthe main entrance to the hospital. Amazing no one was hurt.

Edited by Wacka
  • Shocked 1

On 7/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Wacka said:

In the late 70's (after the Bicentennial) the Town of Cheektowaga saved money by using a lower tier or fly-by-night  fireworks  presenter for their 7/4 show at the town  park.  

The display tipped over  and fireworks started shooting into the park. I was there and people started running in al directions and  and screaming.  My uncle was in St. Joe's hospital across the street at the time and he saw one skyrocket  land in front of rthe main entrance to the hospital. Amazing no one was hurt.

About 4 years ago, we had some neighbors shoot off a fireworks display out on the road......the whole thing tipped over and started firing shots all over the neighborhood......bouncing off houses, cars, kids..........no one was thankfully hurt, but we laughed and laughed.......ran for cover and called 911 and we laughed and laughed.

Good times

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Wacka said:

"Hey, Stosh!  Grab babcia and run for it, sahnamabeech!"

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

Columbus Blue Jacket goalie Matiss Kivlenieks "jumped" in front of a firework tube that tipped over, fired, and hit him in the chest.  Winds up that he protected others (teammate, teammate wife, unborn child).

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/latest-news/matiss-kivlenieks-died-a-hero

We're going to do a 'Goofus and Gallant', featuring Kivlenieks and Jason Pierre-Paul. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

But there is no doubt we have the most idiots. 

I think we have the best odds.

What is the United States? The diversity of the whole world and the freedom to commit stupidity. 

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Idk, man. I've lived in two other countries and I can attest that there's no shortage of idiots around the world.

See my post above.

1 hour ago, rusty shackleford said:

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!
When you get knocked down, you gotta get back up

EXCEPT when you're head gets blown off.

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

EXCEPT when your head gets blown off.

Those are lyrics from a song used in one of the Jackass movies…. But seriously how sad is it to get hammered in front of your family and friends and end up blowing your head off in front of them. It’s a really tragic for everyone that watch it happen. 

• Agree 1