Who was your all-time favorite player that was NOT on the Bills?

From a real fan of the man and from his play, Larry Fitzgerald comes to mind. 

The pure football fan in me brings up others;

I hate him when he’s playing against us, but TJ Watt is fun to watch, he’s a single man wrecking crew.  Also used to love watch Polomolu for the same reason, just electric players.    If we could take the off field things away, Tyreek, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, all come to mind.  Just stand outs amongst the absolute best, it’s hard to be that much better than the best of the world, but man they did it. 

The best part of it all, right now, we have the single most entertaining player in the league as our very own QB.  Allen is a monster and even if he has t quite been able to get the team over the hump just yet, it’s a heck of a ride!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Walter Payton - He ran around you or over you. Exciting player

Jerry Rice - For a guy with Coleman speed he did well for himself.

One day it's Payton, the next day it's Rice ... Can't go wrong with either.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Good topic

Jerry Rice

Joe Montana

Lawrence Taylor

Ronnie Lott

LaDainian Tomlinson

Kellen Winslow

Bobby Wagner

Dan Fouts

Tony Gonzalez

So many to choose from but Montana was probably my favorite.

Great list, forgot about LT... will never forgive Fouts for the Bills playoff loss in SD. 

12 minutes ago, chongli said:

I cannot like any player not on Buffalo. I just can't.

I can go back and like them... but currents... I just cant do it either... 

• Like (+1) 1

Mine was probably Barry Sanders. I always thought he played the right way, and was very humble....not to mention very fun to watch. He grew up just a couple hours from where I'm from, and he's always donated back to his hometown. I wished that he'd played for a few more years, but at least he left the game on his own accord.

• Like (+1) 2

Mine has to be Joe Namath. Drafted by the Jets and signed for $400K an unheard of amount at the time. Articles in national magazines about his fur coats, shag rugs and his notorious partying. But what really did it was his a beating the Colts in Superbowl III when no one gave the Jets a chance at winning thus lifting the AFL to equals of the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 1962 said:

Mine has to be Joe Namath. Drafted by the Jets and signed for $400K an unheard of amount at the time. Articles in national magazines about his fur coats, shag rugs and his notorious partying. But what really did it was his a beating the Colts in Superbowl III when no one gave the Jets a chance at winning thus lifting the AFL to equals of the NFL

Can't write a history of the NFL without mentioning that game and Namath in particular. He played well with no turnovers and 17 of 28 passing. He was named MVP and is the only Superbowl MVP to not score or throw a TD.

But it was the NY Jets defense picking off Earl Morrall three times that won the game

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland