Who was your all-time favorite player that was NOT on the Bills?

Although not a favourite, I have a grudging respect for Elway's ability to bring his Broncos back from multiple TD deficits late in games.

I liked the success the Dolphins had with Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield.  Although opponents, they seemed like classy professionals.

Edited for Csonka, not Czonka. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 7/10/2024 at 10:00 AM, Magox said:

I loved the way Troy Polamalu played the game.

Polamalu has to be one of the most over rated players in the history of the NFL.

he made a lot of flashy plays, but was constantly out of position chasing plays down.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

On 7/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, Snowbowl said:

Elway. Had eyes on the back of his helmet and avoided blindside sacks amazingly. So many comebacks. Remember coming back from hunting and Chiefs were up 13 with minutes left. No problem he calmly rallied Broncs to victory. Super fun QB era and he was so fun to watch 

October 4, 1992: The Chiefs were victimized by 8 of John Elway's 46 fourth quarter comebacks/game-winning drives, the most he had against one NFLteam.[5] Perhaps the most memorable comeback occurred on October 4, 1992, at Mile High Stadium. The Broncos trailed 19–6 late in the fourth quarter, and had not scored a touchdown in the previous 12 quarters. After the 2-minute warning, Elway threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Mark Jackson to narrow the gap to 19–13 with 1:55 left. After the Chiefs subsequently went three-and-out, the Broncos returned a punt to the Chiefs' 27-yard line. Three plays later, Elway threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Vance Johnson with 38 seconds left for a thrilling 20–19 comeback win

I’ve always thought Elway’s a little overrated, but it could be because my earliest memories are of his later years. I haven’t seen the early part of his career other than YouTube clips. 

To me he’s a guy who was always a bit more myth and legend than reality. He was labeled the greatest prospect ever, so they bent over backwards to justify that narrative. I think people got sucked up in it, and then his legend grew as he developed a reputation for late comebacks. What they never mention is that Denver was often forced to come back because Elway played poorly the first three quarters. Or that his era of AFC dominance happened during an era in which the AFC was very weak and a team quarterbacked by Bernie Kosar was Denver’s top competition. Elway’s numbers were never elite either, even compared to peers at the time, and he had a ton of turnovers. 

Elway might have been as talented as any QB to ever live, but his production didn’t live up to his talent.

Edited by SaulGoodman