AP: Jon Gruden loses bid for reconsideration in NFL lawsuit

Punching Bag

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40476279/jon-gruden-loses-bid-reconsideration-nfl-lawsuit

Gruden may be another affected by the great experiments by Goodfornothingell

LAS VEGAS -- Jon Gruden lost a bid for the Nevada Supreme Court to reconsider whether a contract interference and conspiracy.

Two justices said Gruden understood the NFL constitution allowed for arbitration to resolve disputes, and said it wasn't clear whether Goodell or a designated third-party arbitrator would hear Gruden's case.

One justice wrote that allowing Goodell to arbitrate a dispute in which he is a named party would be "outrageous."

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

While I support the decision of the NFL not to hire him I think ESPN did him completely dirty by leaking his emails. He's a douche anyway

Serious question, do we know that it was ESPN? Wasn’t some of this while with the Raiders? Was it from the Redskin cesspool? I didn’t care enough to know all the details then, and I remember much less now. I thought the “how they got out” was fuzzy, but I could have it all wrong. 

Also, I am admittedly not a Gruden fan, so full disclosure there. Not only was I in the Tampa market before and after his tenure, but we crossed paths as our sons would attend the same 7 on 7’s camps at USF.  He is very easy to not like. 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Serious question, do we know that it was ESPN? Wasn’t some of this while with the Raiders? Was it from the Redskin cesspool? I didn’t care enough to know all the details then, and I remember much less now. I thought the “how they got out” was fuzzy, but I could have it all wrong. 

Also, I am admittedly not a Gruden fan, so full disclosure there. Not only was I in the Tampa market before and after his tenure, but we crossed paths as our sons would attend the same 7 on 7’s camps at USF.  He is very easy to not like. 

That's how he's always seemed. Very in control of his image. On his TV show he seemed great, but when not focusing on it, like a jerk.

No big Gruden fan, but I've always thought it was the Skins, who were even bigger jerks.

10 hours ago, boyst said:

While I support the decision of the NFL not to hire him I think ESPN did him completely dirty by leaking his emails. He's a douche anyway

We have no clue who leaked the e-mails.  When Congress investigated they concluded that the Commanders released them but the Commanders denied it.

Cry me a river for Jon Gruden, a racist pig who got what he deserved when the leaked emails exposed him for the hypocrite he is.  This isn't an issue of someone being falsely accused of doing wrong or being denied the opportunity to rectify an "injustice".  It's simply a ruling on a legal proceeding.  If Gruden doesn't like the rules under which his lawsuit moves forward, he can always withdraw it.

Thumbs up for whomever leaked the emails BTW.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Cry me a river for Jon Gruden, a racist pig who got what he deserved when the leaked emails exposed him for the hypocrite he is.  This isn't an issue of someone being falsely accused of doing wrong or being denied the opportunity to rectify an "injustice".  It's simply a ruling on a legal proceeding.  If Gruden doesn't like the rules under which his lawsuit moves forward, he can always withdraw it.

Thumbs up for whomever leaked the emails BTW.

There were some people that defended Gruden when this went down in regard to the "Rubber lips" comment he made to I think it was Upshaw  or Demaurice Smith at the time. It was a phrase that Gruden used frequently to call out anyone he thought was lying to him. Because he said it in an email to Upshaw, people took it as a racist statement. But I saw different people who knew Gruden defend him when he said that

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

Great to hear.

I thought it was ridiculous (and onerous)  a few years ago when several on here said how he would really hurt the league with all that he knows.  And that he would likely win big in his lawsuit. But it was heartening that it was only a small percentage of posters.

Supporting an ignorant, racist moron is never a good luck.

Good riddance, chucky.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It was a phrase that Gruden used frequently to call out anyone he thought was lying to him. Because he said it in an email to Upshaw, people took it as a racist statement. But I saw different people who knew Gruden defend him when he said tha

The mob has decided he is racist, so he is. Why let facts get in the way. BTW I'm not sure of the facts in this case anyway, just saying that to most people it doesn't matter, they just want to look all pure. And you know, some people can say racist insults yet not really be racists. And I'm sure it happens often on the field too. But hey, we have to be perfect now, the mob demands it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

The mob has decided he is racist, so he is. Why let facts get in the way. BTW I'm not sure of the facts in this case anyway, just saying that to most people it doesn't matter, they just want to look all pure. And you know, some people can say racist insults yet not really be racists. And I'm sure it happens often on the field too. But hey, we have to be perfect now, the mob demands it. 

Lots of perfect people with perfect pasts in this thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jon-gruden-emails-resigns-raiders-coach/1f7nbdnxccjat1momv1xkg9bpp

Gruden had a treasure trove of emails over 7-8 years in which he routinely used racist  ,  homophobic ,  misogynistic language .  Not sure how one would not conclude that gruden  was a bigot . 

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Well the mob definitely decided that Matt Azaria is a rap… oh wait 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

No, if you use racist insults you are racist, despite any good intentions or self denial that person might have.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Gruden had a treasure trove of emails over 7-8 years in which he routinely used racist  ,  homophobic ,  misogynistic language .  Not sure how one would not conclude that gruden  was a bigot . 

Homophobic comments, yes.

Racist… there’s some nuance there. The only “racist” thing Gruden emailed is that DeMaurice Smith has huge lips. When asked about it, Gruden said he was referring to Smith’s propensity to lie and he often refers to liars as rubber lips. Considering that Mr. Smith does not in actuality have large lips, one may be led to believe Grudens explanation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Homophobic comments, yes.

Racist… there’s some nuance there. The only “racist” thing Gruden emailed is that DeMaurice Smith has huge lips. When asked about it, Gruden said he was referring to Smith’s propensity to lie and he often refers to liars as rubber lips. Considering that Mr. Smith does not in actuality have large lips, one may be led to believe Grudens explanation. 

didn’t Gruden’’s email say that Smith has lips “the size of Michelin tires “?   

• Agree 1