Will there be a surprise trade or cut before this season starts?

28 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I would rather they bring back Rusty Jones.  He retired from Colts in 2023.

Might as well just call him Rustic Jones at this point in his life.

• Haha (+1) 2

Bass - If his struggles continue this Summer and his kicks don't go between the uprights, they have no choice but to cut him. They should at least bring in a guy for TC, just in case.

Clapp - He's the only Center on the team with with more than 1 game of NFL experience, cutting him would be a surprise.

Hamlin - The feel good story was last year, if he can't beat out Lewis for the 4th Safety spot, he'll likely be gone.

Exxon Valdes Scantling, Mac Hollins, Chase Claypool - One of those guys likely doesn't make it past the last round of cuts.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, SCBills said:

Beane has shown he will cut guys who he gave guaranteed money to, so I could see Smoot or Collins if they can’t show they are effective/returned to form - even though they both have some guaranteed money on their contracts. 

Martin cut wouldn’t be surprising at all to me.  I think that’s a legitimate battle for punter. 

Safety, Defensive End and depth Cornerback remain the only places I could see a move made. 

Ideally Hyde comes back on an inexpensive one year contract and rounds out the Safety room to help hold it down while Bishop learns the ropes.  

We have significant draft capital, but with so many potential big contract decisions coming up, along with a new JA contract extension to up his AAV, I think Beane has his sights set on going into next years draft loaded up to backfill the roster. 

I hope Hyde retires

Edited by HardyBoy

I think the two biggest surprises that could happen are Bass and Miller. I don't think either will be cut but I would not be shocked either if they were. 

I am pretty much assuming Milano will be on PUP to start the season

Cuts that should happen but won't are one of the following Gilliam and Hollins. I'd cut Gilliam and give Hollins a good look at WR#6. If you get rid of Gilliam you keep Morris as TE#3 and you can carry an extra OL like Collins for jumbo sets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/5/2024 at 6:31 PM, frostbitmic said:

Bass - If his struggles continue this Summer and his kicks don't go between the uprights, they have no choice but to cut him. They should at least bring in a guy for TC, just in case.

Clapp - He's the only Center on the team with with more than 1 game of NFL experience, cutting him would be a surprise.

Hamlin - The feel good story was last year, if he can't beat out Lewis for the 4th Safety spot, he'll likely be gone.

Exxon Valdes Scantling, Mac Hollins, Chase Claypool - One of those guys likely doesn't make it past the last round of cuts.

I agree Hamlin will most likely be gone as he just is at best a backup.  I think the talent pool is picked over so don’t expect Amy acquisitions at this point.

• Agree 1

On 7/7/2024 at 2:59 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think the two biggest surprises that could happen are Bass and Miller. I don't think either will be cut but I would not be shocked either if they were. 

I am pretty much assuming Milano will be on PUP to start the season

Cuts that should happen but won't are one of the following Gilliam and Hollins. I'd cut Gilliam and give Hollins a good look at WR#6. If you get rid of Gilliam you keep Morris as TE#3 and you can carry an extra OL like Collins for jumbo sets. 

Agree re Bass and Miller. Probably won't but neither would be a total shock to me. 

Disagree on Gilliam. They will keep Morris anyway. And Gilliam is three players in one. From a special teams perspective it isn't one or the other in Gilliam or Hollins. They play totally separate positions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 9:49 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh Allen is on the block.

On 7/5/2024 at 11:57 AM, DJB said:

Probably gets cut 

On 7/5/2024 at 12:08 PM, Don Otreply said:

Yup, all he does is buy fashion clothing and get layed, 

On 7/5/2024 at 6:02 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

And play golf

SDS needs to reserve a spot for Allen for the opening weekend TBDAHOT golf gala.  Just in case...🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

SDS needs to reserve a spot for Allen for the opening weekend TBDAHOT golf gala.  Just in case...🤔

I don't see why he can't fit in 9 holes in Saturday

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/8/2024 at 5:04 AM, GunnerBill said:

Agree re Bass and Miller. Probably won't but neither would be a total shock to me. 

Disagree on Gilliam. They will keep Morris anyway. And Gilliam is three players in one. From a special teams perspective it isn't one or the other in Gilliam or Hollins. They play totally separate positions. 

You are likely correct. Every year I want to get rid of Gilliam and it doesn't happen. He did force a fumble on kick off last year. 

I'd still favor not keeping a FB and using that roster spot on an extra OL or LB. 

Kingsley Jonathan’s silence was deafening last season after the team went out of its way to make him a roster spot.  The most underrated disappointment of the ‘23 season.  I thought for sure he would flash in minimal opportunities last year.  Instead he did nothing.