Will there be a surprise trade or cut before this season starts?

tomur67

Always a chance for a trade, but it won’t be one of our big name players, more likely a second tier back up for a late round pick type of thing, 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Always a chance for a trade, but it won’t be one of our big name players, more likely a second tier back up for a late round pick type of thing, 

That’s the way I see it, some guy who is an NFL caliber player who is unlikely to make our team. 

BTW - The absolute worst click bait articles and threads are randomly proposed trade ideas. Just because you can dream it doesn’t mean it has to be in writing. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s the way I see it, some guy who is an NFL caliber of player who is unlikely to make our team. 

BTW - The absolute worst click bait articles and threads are randomly proposed trade ideas. Just because you can dream it doesn’t mean it has to be in writing. 

Mario for Skelton

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

We have so much good young OL depth.  I could easily see a trade for Clapp or another vet if the youngins are ready to go

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

Probably gets cut 

Yup, all he does is buy fashion clothing and get layed, 

• Haha (+1) 1

almost always is. But how surprising is a different story.  Sam Martin likely gets cut in a surprise move, but how surprising would that be?  He signed a new contract extension but Bass has been much worse with his kicking since he took over. Since FG's are worth more points than yardage saved from punts over the course of a year, I would imagine if they find someone that Bass does better with he will be gone all things considered and Browning is supposed to have a very strong leg.

• Agree 1

Beane has shown he will cut guys who he gave guaranteed money to, so I could see Smoot or Collins if they can’t show they are effective/returned to form - even though they both have some guaranteed money on their contracts. 

Martin cut wouldn’t be surprising at all to me.  I think that’s a legitimate battle for punter. 

Safety, Defensive End and depth Cornerback remain the only places I could see a move made. 

Ideally Hyde comes back on an inexpensive one year contract and rounds out the Safety room to help hold it down while Bishop learns the ropes.  

We have significant draft capital, but with so many potential big contract decisions coming up, along with a new JA contract extension to up his AAV, I think Beane has his sights set on going into next years draft loaded up to backfill the roster.