US Open Thread

While the masters is my personal favorite of the four majors, i love to watch everybody choke on the unforgiving USGA courses.

Today, that choker is Phil Mickelson... +6 through 10 holes.

Be interesting to see how the weekend rounds out.

While the masters is my personal favorite of the four majors, i love to watch everybody choke on the unforgiving USGA courses.

Today, that choker is Phil Mickelson... +6 through 10 holes.

Be interesting to see how the weekend rounds out.

360932[/snapback]

sh--...mickelson is my favorite golfer (i'm also left handed) but i hadnt checked the scores yet today...anyways, the course is gonna play tough regardless, and the winner may not even break par...

360932[/snapback]

The Masters is my favorite, but I disagree on what the USGA does to some of these courses. #17 at Shinnecock was ridiculous last year. Grow out the rough, make the fairways narrow, push the tees back, but water the greens a bit so that a well struck ball will hold and a 3 foot put doesn't roll 15 ft beyond the hole. That's not golf.

The winner might be +10 unless they get some rain. That will play into the hands of the real grinders (Singh & Goosen).

The Masters is my favorite, but I disagree on what the USGA does to some of these courses.  #17 at Shinnecock was ridiculous last year.  Grow out the rough, make the fairways narrow, push the tees back, but water the greens a bit so that a well struck ball will hold and a 3 foot put doesn't roll 15 ft beyond the hole.  That's not golf.

The winner might be +10 unless they get some rain.  That will play into the hands of the real grinders (Singh & Goosen).

361024[/snapback]

Personally, I just want to slap the golfers when they say "the course is unfair."

Everybody plays the same damn course! If you get beat, it means somebody managed it better then you. Get over it and improve your game.

The USGA and the course is watering the greens during the evening and periodically during the day as conditions dictate. D Fey of the USGA even came out and said so.

Classic course - must hit the proper shot to the proper spot - good test of the entire golf game. I get tired of what I call "bomb and drop" golf.

I like golf where you hafta make some tough and creative shots, and sometimes you may hafta play it a bit safer and settle for par instead of birdie...that being said, i dont like it when the USGA makes the greens insane...they should be tough to figure out and tough to make putts, but if i just slide a putt by the hole, theres no way it should roll to 65 yds away...#7 last yr at shinnecock was by far the worst green i have ever seen...it was like a damn mini golf course where they put the hole on a slope, and oyu stand at the bottom hitting it up at the hole hoping to sink it, and if you dont, it comes right back down to you...