Has anyone gotten training camp “lottery” tickets yet?

Miyagi-Do Karate

No.  And with STH's getting up to 6 tix apiece and only 1,000 tix per camp session, I doubt many "won" the lottery.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that I may never be able to attend another training camp session again, after going for almost 20 years.  Much of it during the drought.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Doc said:

No.  And with STH's getting up to 6 tix apiece and only 1,000 tix per camp session, I doubt many "won" the lottery.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that I may never be able to attend another training camp session again, after going for almost 20 years.  Much of it during the drought.

Same boat. I have tried for the last 5 years, but with no chance. I live out of the area, but happen to be in Rochester on Monday July 29, so was hoping to take my kids to their first TC session. 

wish it were like the old days and like most other camps— in a sleepy town, with sprawling fields and areas for parking and for fans to just walk in. 

oh well.

If anyone has tickets to the 29th and doesn’t want them, I will take them! Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 7/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, Doc said:

Still blows my mind how hot of a ticket these are. I went two or three times prior to 2017 and I remember them being quite boring. I consider myself a football loving fan, I watch every game Thursday-Monday. But training camp practice just is not something I could get interested in. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Still blows my mind how hot of a ticket these are. I went two or three times prior to 2017 and I remember them being quite boring. I consider myself a football loving fan, I watch every game Thursday-Monday. But training camp practice just is not something I could get interested in. 

Different strokes for different folks.  For me, it's held in my hometown so I go home to see mom and my relatives, catch TC with my sons and then head home.  I make a weekend of it.

On 7/3/2024 at 8:38 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

wish it were like the old days and like most other camps— in a sleepy town, with sprawling fields and areas for parking and for fans to just walk in.

The ‘80’s called they want their MTV back.

But seriously, I agree with the sentiment. The hoop jumping to attend TC, or even trying to, is fan unfriendly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, US Egg said:

The ‘80’s called they want their MTV back.

But seriously, I agree with the sentiment. The hoop jumping to attend TC, or even trying to, is fan unfriendly.

If I had to guess, STH's complained.  Not that they shouldn't have first dibs. 

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

If I had to guess, STH's complained.  Not that they shouldn't have first dibs. 

The hassle free way of attending TC’s of yore was a way for fans, who couldn’t afford tickets, to experience a level of the NFL experience.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the NFL of today is more out of reach than it ever was for fans in that regard.

Edited by US Egg
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, US Egg said:

The hassle free way of attending TC’s of yore was a way for fans, who couldn’t afford tickets, to experience a level of the NFL experience.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the NFL of today is more out of reach than it ever was for fans in that regard.

The problem is that there used to be a lot more TC sessions in the past and during the drought people weren't as enthusiastic.  With the arrival of Josh and the low number of camp sessions, supply has gone down and demand has gone up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’m fortunate that I’ve shared in the NFL experience thoroughly as a kid and as a parent.

Off topic, but, seeing grown men pushing through my kids to get autographs back in the 90’s was surreal. When I went to TC’s as a kid you’d never see anything like that. Have pictures of me then, only kids were around the players.

Now get off my lawn!

Edited by US Egg

32 minutes ago, US Egg said:

This is exactly what the NFL wants. It’s a fact, and no surprise that they make the mass majority of their money from tv contracts. If they raise prices so high that the normal people can’t go, while limiting tickets with less seats every time a stadium is built, it only creates more and more people watching from tv and their tv contracts continue to pull in more and more. 

14 hours ago, US Egg said:

Agreed. I am not taking my three elementary age kids to a regular season NFL game and dropping like $1000, and they probably won’t even enjoy it, and I will be mostly distracted myself.

Also, the team is really missing out on developing more young fans. When I was a kid, I got into the Bills because they held a pre-season practice at my local HS in Rochester in the mid 80s. Got to get a bunch of autographs and see the players up close, for free. Really ignited my passion in the team. 

• Like (+1) 1