Josh Allen: which ways will he struggle and shine?

2 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

He's +850 for MVP.  I'm going to take that bet. Everyone is down in the Bills, yet I think this year he is going to dominate and when it's all said and done will bring us the Lombardi. 

Addition by subtraction is not just a cute saying, it absolutely happens in work environments.  

It's his team now. 

Why stop at mvp. +1300 for winning the superbowl.

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 6:22 PM, Jerome007 said:

I hope Josh will SHUT UP any WR that plays diva with a "gimme the ball" at any cost attitude. Diggs had the credentials and track record to (sadly) do it. None of the current WRs can do that. So Josh has to stop that in its tracks, before it grows. He has to be the uncontested boss. He's earned it.

I would add that Diggs while continuing to insist on targets was under performing in the playoffs annually, (9 playoff games with 2 tds), and had noticeably underperformed the last half of his last season in Buffalo, Diggs was generally great during the regular season, not so much in the playoffs, 

Edited by Don Otreply

His INTs will be down from 18 to 13

His INT rate will be a far more respectable 2.25%

His YPA will fall to below 7 while his comp % increaes to a career high 70% with a greater emphasis on short easy throws.

He will still struggle with deep fly pattern accuracy. He's just never been that great throwing a deep ball with arc. At this point I don't see it ever getting better. Just have to live with some missed deep throws from time to time. Good thing is he usually misses too far and avoids INTs on these throws. 

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I would add that Diggs while continuing to insist on targets was under performing in the playoffs annually, (9 playoff games with 2 tds), and had noticeably underperformed the last half of his last season in Buffalo, Diggs was generally great during the regular season, not so much in the playoffs, 

Can't argue the stats.

Diggs was one of my favorites.

That said we don't know the gameplan nor how the defense played him. You think Davis gets 4 TD receptions against KC if they were designing a defense to take him away. Belichick took away Reed in SuperBowl XXV.  I think any defense can take away a #1 WR if they want. Hell even McD can control Hill when he wants. 

Elite TE not the same story. Kincaid and Knox can be unstoppable this year if Brady lets them.

13 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

He's +850 for MVP.  I'm going to take that bet. Everyone is down in the Bills, yet I think this year he is going to dominate and when it's all said and done will bring us the Lombardi. 

Addition by subtraction is not just a cute saying, it absolutely happens in work environments.  

It's his team now. 

this year is the perfect set up for him for MVP. great value bet

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Can't argue the stats.

Diggs was one of my favorites.

That said we don't know the gameplan nor how the defense played him. You think Davis gets 4 TD receptions against KC if they were designing a defense to take him away. Belichick took away Reed in SuperBowl XXV.  I think any defense can take away a #1 WR if they want. Hell even McD can control Hill when he wants. 

Elite TE not the same story. Kincaid and Knox can be unstoppable this year if Brady lets them.

Lots to consider for sure, but the end results are what they are, like I said Diggs was generally great during the regular season. Hopefully Brady can scheme up some good stuff, and keep defenses guessing, 🤞

Josh will struggle getting MVP due to Lemar getting votes.

Is it TDs?  No Josh is better.

Is it ability to break tackles?  No Josh can break DTs.

Is it running ability? No Josh runs thru defense players.

Is it Heisman Trophy? This is NFL not college football?

What is Josh lacking?

Only thing I can think of is something Lemar's parents gave him that Josh which Josh's can't.

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Why stop at mvp. +1300 for winning the superbowl.

If the top 4-5 rookies hit, I actually think ‘25-‘26 will be the Super Bowl year, the best Bills team we’ll have under the McD era. If we win it all this year, it’ll be akin to the Chiefs winning after they traded Tyreek and had a bunch of rookies starting. Everyone expected them to take a step back in a retool year and they go and win the whole thing. I think that’s where we are now and will be setup much better next year to be the clear cut best team if those rookies hit.

14 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

It's his team now. 

If last year is any indication of MVP voters the Bills defense is as important to his MVP chances as his lowering his turnover margin. 

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

If the top 4-5 rookies hit, I actually think ‘25-‘26 will be the Super Bowl year, the best Bills team we’ll have under the McD era. If we win it all this year, it’ll be akin to the Chiefs winning after they traded Tyreek and had a bunch of rookies starting. Everyone expected them to take a step back in a retool year and they go and win the whole thing. I think that’s where we are now and will be setup much better next year to be the clear cut best team if those rookies hit.

Yeah that’s where I’m at too. We’ll be competitive and most likely win the division again this season but will bow out in the playoffs. ‘25 is when I think it will all come together for a serious run. 

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

I'm in. I'm not putting $5000 on it, but I'll throw a couple hundred!

The over season’s totals has been good for me. Almost like stealing the last few years. Put 1K on that and it’s virtual locked. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Josh will struggle getting MVP due to Lemar getting votes.

Is it TDs?  No Josh is better.

Is it ability to break tackles?  No Josh can break DTs.

Is it running ability? No Josh runs thru defense players.

Is it Heisman Trophy? This is NFL not college football?

What is Josh lacking?

Only thing I can think of is something Lemar's parents gave him that Josh which Josh's can't.

Best team record in the conference? Lamar’s parents must be professors at Hogwarts. 

6 hours ago, zevo said:

this year is the perfect set up for him for MVP. great value bet

I feel better about the team this year than last year.  Josh is gonna take that next step he had everyone else wants to see him take

3 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah that’s where I’m at too. We’ll be competitive and most likely win the division again this season but will bow out in the playoffs. ‘25 is when I think it will all come together for a serious run. 

The over season’s totals has been good for me. Almost like stealing the last few years. Put 1K on that and it’s virtual locked. 

I like it

28 minutes ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

I think Josh will struggle playing on Tuesdays and will shine on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and possibly Saturdays. 

Tell me the offseason is too long without without actually saying it. 

Shesh. 

I'd love a longer season with more bye weeks but that would also mean more games during the dog days of summer. 

Unfortunately even northern teams are having more and more extended 90+ degree periods.

NFL will have to consider this in approval of future stadiums.

Players would stay healthy longer unless they did stupid things during additional bye weeks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.