Josh Allen: which ways will he struggle and shine?

ryguy101

I think he will struggle synching with his new receivers as will those receivers have to get used to how hard the ball comes in when it is thrown. I think he will struggle with hero ball and trying to do too much because of some depleted continuity in the WR corps... 

But, for some reason I think he will shine in over coming the above obstacles, it may take a minute.... but for some reason watching him take over in the last half of the season last year I felt like he finally gets it... I think he will revert back to Hero Josh from time to time but I think this will be a year of maturity for him... 

please sweet baby Jesus dont let this come back to haunt me LOL... 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, Josh will struggle with taking the easy short / check down pass to move the chains and keep the opposing defense “on the field”, and by doing so will keep the “opposing offense off field as well”.
   Josh will have next to zero problems getting used to his new receivers, because he has no choice, so he will make the adult decision and throw the new guys the damn ball…, really what’s he going to do? Not throw them the ball…, 

• Like (+1) 1

First off, I think that Josh Allen is the best QB in the league. I don’t think he’s reached his full potential, I think he’s a generational talent and there’s never been another player like him. He’s a cross between Elway, Favre, Young and Vick and I think he will eventually be good enough to be Patrick Mahomes Daddy.

What can he improve upon?

1.) Takes too many big hits

a.) Will blow a knee out or have CTE issues if he keeps this up.

b.) Unfortunately Allen plays better after a defender cleans his clock out.

2.) Refining mechanics

a.) Throwing motion.

b.) Touch passes

c.) WR screens, wheel routes and deep balls.

d.) Too much mustard on some of his throws, the guy can break fingers if he puts too much on it.

3.) Tactician

a.) We no longer have Diggs. Allen must spread the ball around to get the job done. Must get everyone involved.

b.) Continue to grow mentally and that’s not to say Allen is lacking here it’s just a natural progression for any player to make, especially if he wants to experience longevity as a player.

4.) Rhythm passer

a.) He gets hot and cold.

5.) Be a leader

a.) Allen is one of the older guys on this team now. It’s his team now. A lot of older players were shown the door this offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

I think it's realistic to expect an early break in period developing chemistry with the new wrs. He must start by expecting Kincaid to be his go to #1 target safety valve. We gotta hope Coleman can do some of the things Gabe brought ( minus the drips). And the rest from Shakir, Samuel & Claypool must be ready to contribute substantially. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ryguy101 said:

Struggle: I Think Josh will struggle with adjusting to the new receivers on the team (Coleman and Samuel) mainly his prime receivers???

Shine: I think Allen will shine in his ability to extend plays with his arm getting receivers in better positions downfield and using his legs if necessary

What in heck is extending plays "with his arm?" Plays are extended with his LEGS, innit? I mean, having a big arm allows for extended plays to be explosive, I suppose.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:11 PM, Big Turk said:

When Allen struggles he still is better than more than half the other QBs in the NFL.

And when he shines, he's better than all of them.

Let's hope a healthy arm, better biomechanics, and a Joe Brady-designed scheme can improve the shine-to-struggle ratio.  

He's going to continue turning the ball over quite a bit, but he'll also continue to make crazy plays that'll blow your mind.

I can guarantee there will be several games where I'm in the game day thread, explicitly insulting Allen's dumb decision-making & laughing at people trying to blame the receiver/coaches/refs for obvious Allen-related issues.

I can also guarantee that within some of those same threads, I'll be forced to eat my words as he single-handedly wins us those games anyway.

He's +850 for MVP.  I'm going to take that bet. Everyone is down in the Bills, yet I think this year he is going to dominate and when it's all said and done will bring us the Lombardi. 

Addition by subtraction is not just a cute saying, it absolutely happens in work environments.  

It's his team now.