DEI VP Commie-la Harris. Endorsed by Biden for Dem POTUS Nominee.

6 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

All you do is attack people when you don't have an actual argument. I'm sorry having to attempt critical thinking is extremely frustrating for you. Take a break, have a juice box.

You slow son.  Still painfully unoriginal.  Conservative indeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

All you do is attack people when you don't have an actual argument. I'm sorry having to attempt critical thinking is extremely frustrating for you. Take a break, have a juice box.

I've explained myself pretty clearly.  You on the other hand....Still have no clue what makes Kamala far left huh?  "They" said so.  You are like the idiots that get interviewed on the daily show that can't explain any of their positions.  No difference.  Truly pathetic.  I guess I shouldnt expect less for someone willing to vote for a felon rapist.  Facts mean nothing to people like you.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I've explained myself pretty clearly.  You on the other hand....Still have no clue what makes Kamala far left huh?  "They" said so.  You are like the idiots that get interviewed on the daily show that can't explain any of their positions.  No difference.  Truly pathetic.  I guess I shouldnt expect less for someone willing to vote for a felon rapist.  Facts mean nothing to people like you.  

GovTrack.us rated her the most liberal Senator in 2019.  Then they tried to backtrack.  Does that count?

And unlike Biden, who once was a moderate, claims by Harris that she's a moderate are going to be met with laughter.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Because the govt is bloated and generally ineffective compared to the amount of money they spend. Unlike you, I don't believe the govt will or can solve all our problems.  Sucks to be a establishment simp.

I know let’s let industry regulate themselves (I mean they know best right) those stupid faa inspectors just slow down business. - Boeing. 

1981 the M2 Bradley is dumb and too expensive. - US Media. 2024 The M2 Bradley is the best AFV in the world Can we have more please - Ukraine

it’s too expensive to run electrical power to rural Tennessee. Hold my beer have you seen the TVA - US Government 

or the satellite probes orbiting all the major planets and in interstellar space or JWST taking photos of the beginning of the universe 6000 years ago I mean 13.6 Billion years ago. 

or the US interstate … the freeway not toll way

business is fine but they have short term goal (quarterly reports) the government can invest in long term improvement for the country, and by country I mean its citizens. 

so please tell me what’s too bloated, and how you can more efficiently help out your fellow citizens.

Just like the felon I’m all ears.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I’m guessing at your implication that you don’t want a level playing field and to suggest such is to take something away from you/others. Like some zero sum game. This is weird to me. 

IMG_6691.webp

11 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I know let’s let industry regulate themselves (I mean they know best right) those stupid faa inspectors just slow down business. - Boeing. 
business is fine but they have short term goal (quarterly reports) the government can invest in long term improvement for the country....

Just like the felon I’m all ears.

The FAA was responsible for approving the Boeing operation, including certification and training.

It's not like they were kicked out.

The FAA is poorly led by appointees.

As for the rest of this post, the gov is 34 trillion in debt

That is $103,000+ per citizen, $267,000+ per taxpayer.

What would happen to any corporation that achieved that performance? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

GovTrack.us rated her the most liberal Senator in 2019.  Then they tried to backtrack.  Does that count?

And unlike Biden, who once was a moderate, claims by Harris that she's a moderate are going to be met with laughter.

We need more liberals, we live in a liberal society. Rule of law, voting, etc… liberal. The founding fathers, liberal. The constitution is a liberal document. Freedom is a liberal not conservative idea, that people can do what they want within the community decided rule of law and everyone is equal before the court. This is a radical concept in history and still for much of the world.

I’m really curious what you are afraid of, children getting free school lunches, affordable electricity, safe roads and transport, social security benefits, a 40 hour work week and employment protections, etc.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The FAA was responsible for approving the Boeing operation, including certification and training.

It's not like they were kicked out.

The FAA is poorly led by appointees.

As for the rest of this post, the gov is 34 trillion in debt

That is $103,000+ per citizen, $267,000+ per taxpayer.

What would happen to any corporation that achieved that performance? 

seems to me that industry (Boeing) asked to self regulate and when the FAA checked in on how it’s going Boeing let down its commitments, leading to the issues. Again profit over people, the point of regulation is to ensure the safety of whatever for the people. “I’d pay a dollar for that”

FAA on boeing

we are in debt because of tax cuts. If we changed the tax rates to even from the 1980’s we’d have plenty of money to pay for things. And if I remember correctly it was Clinton, Obama and Biden who have reduced the deficit . And this canard of debt is a simplistic concept.

its not actually money you or I owe, and doesn’t need to be paid by taxes per person. These are treasury bills, sold on an open market, yes they have to be paid off in 5-10-20 years with interest but the interest is less than the growth of the economy. Additionally the US is such a safe place to park money that people were buying negative value treasury bonds (during Covid - don’t ask me ‘money people thought it was a good idea). So in theory you have the world investing in the growth of the US economy. This has a side benefit of the US being to manage the direction of the world economy. Japan get a little too big for its britches in the 1980’s, the us can use monetary policy and the amount of money Japan made and invested in US securities to cool them off, they are still recovering 20 years later. Same with China, why do you think they want to remove the dollar as a reserve currency, so they are not under the US thumb. How about those tech bros from South America, or yea that’s the same thing they want to do with crypto, replace the dollar. 

anyway we drifted from the debt, it literally doesn’t matter because we can print more money and less and control everyone’s economy. We are not a household we do not as a country have a salary or fixed income. This is a myth. 

debt used properly is not bad, you know for long term investments that will generate lots of economic activity. Highways, bridges airports, SNAP program and other assistance (which is especially effective returning $1.50+ for every dollar allocated to the program (people who need assistance spend all the money in the economy unlike tax cuts that usually get saved or invested in non-taxed or Lower taxed vehicles capital gains or stock buy backs for example.

Nonsense.

We are in debt because of spending.

Revenue is not the issue.

Regarding Boeing and the FAA, I am extremely familiar with that issue, specifically the 737 max with the MCAS system, as well as the FAA approved and certified training programs addressing that.

Boeing didn't refuse them, they simply failed.

I am also aware that they can't staff controller positions, and their blatant attempt to hire based om DEI rather than pure ability.

That is their stated goal, and they waste effort on goofy ass nonsense rather than better performance. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

debt used properly is not bad, you know for long term investments that will generate lots of economic activity. Highways, bridges airports, SNAP program and other assistance (which is especially effective returning $1.50+ for every dollar allocated to the program (people who need assistance spend all the money in the economy unlike tax cuts that usually get saved or invested in non-taxed or Lower taxed vehicles capital gains or stock buy backs for example.

Are you f'n insane?   

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Are you f'n insane?   

no but I was wrong it’s not $1.50 it’s more like $1.79

SNAP program effect on the economy

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Nonsense.

We are in debt because of spending.

Revenue is not the issue.

Regarding Boeing and the FAA, I am extremely familiar with that issue, specifically the 737 max with the MCAS system, as well as the FAA approved and certified training programs addressing that.

Boeing didn't refuse them, they simply failed.

I am also aware that they can't staff controller positions, and their blatant attempt to hire based om DEI rather than pure ability.

That is their stated goal, and they waste effort on goofy ass nonsense rather than better performance. 

We’re told tax cuts will Increase revenue because of the additional business investment the lower taxes will generate. Except this is not what happens. So reducing tax rates reduces revenue and because at the very least normal inflation increases the cost of goods even keeping things static in the government’s budget Causing the debt. (See the felon’s and Bush tax cuts both of which exploded the debt and unbalanced the budget). So no not wrong we are in debt because of reduced revenue. 

starve the beast

fine you know more about the FAA, guess I have to take you word on that. Sure why not.
but again this seems to indicate we should spend more money not less  as cost cutting and under funding of the FAA as a way to ‘reduce costs’ meant the company was mostly left to it’s own devices.

the DEI crack that is pure talking point and not reflective of the reality. We can agree to disagree on how to make the most of the population, shove them into a corner and complain they need assistance vs offer them a hand up and add a contributor to the economy. YMMV.

Edited by Starr-Bills
Typo

44 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

We’re told tax cuts will Increase revenue because of the additional business investment the lower taxes will generate. Except this is not what happens. So reducing tax rates reduces revenue and because at the very least normal inflation increases the cost of goods even keeping things static in the government’s budget Causing the debt. (See the felon’s and Bush tax cuts both of which exploded the debt and unbalanced the budget). So no not wrong we are in debt because of reduced revenue. 

starve the beast

fine you know more about the FAA, guess I have to take you word on that. Sure why not.
but again this seems to indicate we should spend more money not less  as cost cutting and under funding of the FAA as a way to ‘reduce costs’ meant the company was mostly left to it’s own devices.

the DEI crack that is pure talking point and not reflective of the reality. We can agree to disagree on how to make the most of the population, shove them into a corner and complain they need assistance vs offer them a hand up and add a contributor to the economy. YMMV.

Pure crazy.

Check revenue numbers against spending totals.

The issue is not now, and has never been tax revenue.

Just servicing the debt now exceeds defense spending, and it isn't getting better.

We have been fortunate that the dollar strength has bolstered our ability to sell debt, That isn't a problem until it is a problem, and that massive need effects interest rates.

My point on DEI considerations re the FAA under Buttigieg is not speculation or opinion.

It is foolishly managed reality. 

They failed, and blaming their failure on lack of resources is a senseless deflection.

They failed because they failed, and it is every bit on them as much as Boeing.

Edited by sherpa

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Pure crazy.

Check revenue numbers against spending totals.

The issue is not now, and has never been tax revenue.

Just servicing the debt now exceeds defense spending, and it isn't getting better.

We have been fortunate that the dollar strength has bolstered our ability to sell debt, That isn't a problem until it is a problem, and that massive need effects interest rates.

My point on DEI considerations re the FAA under Buttigieg is not speculation or opinion.

It is foolishly managed reality. 

Can you at least admit that cutting taxes while not cutting spending increases the deficit? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

From your link

"For struggling families and communities, SNAP is making a huge difference in their economic well-being and health. For example, SNAP is good for local economies – each dollar in federally funded SNAP benefits generates $1.79 in economic activity."  

- is not the same as returning $1.79 in revenue to the government.  

Last public report for SNAP benefits shows over 50 million individuals receiving somewhere around $400/month in 2021.   That's 240 billion dollars plus another 10 billion in administrative overhead.   Now, I'd like you to explain to me how that generated 447 Billion in tax revenue.  

The biggest thing you're overlooking here as well is the effect of money printing on inflation.   Pumping endless money into the economy may give the illusion of prosperity and growth but it is merely a mirage.   Inflation up over 20% since 2020 outpacing wage growth,  housing affordability is at near all time lows.   Nearly 20% or 1 trillion dollars of all tax revenue collected is going to pay interest towards our national debt.   Our government is absolutely bloated.  

snap_2021.gif

Hai_2023.gif

inflation_2023.gif

Just now, Tiberius said:

Can you at least admit that cutting taxes while not cutting spending increases the deficit? 

Check the US revenue numbers.

It is spending that is out of order.

Foolish, stupid, unjustified, idiotic, politically motivated, non productive spending.

Dig into spending bills since the pandemic. See what's in those.

Then justify coming after the citizens with the justification for higher tax rates.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Check the US revenue numbers.

It is spending that is out of order.

Foolish, stupid, unjustified, idiotic, politically motivated, non productive spending.

Dig into spending bills since the pandemic. See what's in those.

Then justify coming after the citizens with the justification for higher tax rates.

Is that a no? 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is that a no? 

Understand and address the real problem, and it isn't tax rates.

By the way.

Consider the VP's tax thoughts.

Typical San Francisco Democrat idiocy.

Simply insane.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1