Should the Bills trust that Tyler Bass will return to form?

I like Bass. I really do. He seems like a genuinely good guy who has embraced buffalo as much as a special teams player can. It's hard to kick here and you rarely, if every hear him complain or blame anyone but himself. I respect it and I think he earned the contract. It's important to have a trusted kicker in Buffalo so i understand paying up for one.

But that's the thing. "Trusted kicker". He just isn't anymore and hasn't been for close to a year now. It's just time to move on. 

Are you guaranteed to find someone better? I don't know. But Beane's job is to put the team in the best position to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Being a kicker is just like a golfer, once you lose it, its gone forever. I feel bad for Bass, probably a nice guy but he seems to be a liability at this point and they need to make a business decision for the good of the team.

That's what out FO does, holds onto scrubs cause they are "nice guys" or have a "feel good" story.........Bass, Hamlin, etc.

Aye Carumba

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are in a huge pickle here.

They could use every dollar available to them to bring in a wide receiver and we have to consider signing a kicker to eat up some of that space because Bass sucks.

12 minutes ago, CSBill said:

And his worst kick was the one after the unsportsmanlike penalty. What was he try to do there? Kick a squib and you could pin them inside the 20. 

If the ball hits the ground before the 20 it comes out to the 40. Unfortunately, squib kicks are a thing of the past. Not to mention that even though he kicked from the 20, the teams were lined up normally and nobody can move until the receiver touches it. Those 15 yard penalties after PAT’s now mean nothing except the player is 1 more away from

being ejected.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

We've had all offseason to address the kicking, so i don't want to hear that there was no better option out there. You can't tell me that there was absolutely no one available because i refuse to believe that.

There is absolutely no franchise that would have Bass on their team and i would think he wouldn't even make most teams PS and yet, here we are...... 

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I seriously cringe every time Bass has to go anywhere near a FG or XP.......i'm of the theory that we might as well go for it on every 4th down and go for 2 points every time.

Get that ball away from Bass as often as possible.........it's sad, just sad.

I bet most of this board's members were holding their breath and mentally preparing for him to miss that last FG. I know I was. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm done with this guy,  I don't trust him at all.  The Bills are no longer this high scoring offence that they can afford to see their kicker miss makeable kicks and miss extra points. He is going to cost us games,  now is the time to replace him. Why do the Bills need to wait until he blows us a game before making a switch. Is not the same kicker even before the KC playoff miss.

Edited by Niagara Dude
added a point

46 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills are in a huge pickle here.

They could use every dollar available to them to bring in a wide receiver and we have to consider signing a kicker to eat up some of that space because Bass sucks.

If the ball hits the ground before the 20 it comes out to the 40. Unfortunately, squib kicks are a thing of the past. Not to mention that even though he kicked from the 20, the teams were lined up normally and nobody can move until the receiver touches it. Those 15 yard penalties after PAT’s now mean nothing except the player is 1 more away from

being ejected.

Definitely the glitch in these new kickoff rules.  The time to take a cheap shot on someone is right after the extra point is made.  The 15 yard penalty on the kickoff is meaningless.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

I like Bass. I really do. He seems like a genuinely good guy who has embraced buffalo as much as a special teams player can. It's hard to kick here and you rarely, if every hear him complain or blame anyone but himself. I respect it and I think he earned the contract. It's important to have a trusted kicker in Buffalo so i understand paying up for one.

But that's the thing. "Trusted kicker". He just isn't anymore and hasn't been for close to a year now. It's just time to move on. 

Are you guaranteed to find someone better? I don't know. But Beane's job is to put the team in the best position to win.

Everything you said is correct. Seems like a decent guy.

But, in NO way,shape or form, can you count on him in the clutch!