Should the Bills trust that Tyler Bass will return to form?

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Being a kicker is just like a golfer, once you lose it, its gone forever. I feel bad for Bass, probably a nice guy but he seems to be a liability at this point and they need to make a business decision for the good of the team.

Not really true. Almost every kicker has a year or more in the 70% range. Kickers can fix their issues.

1. The win makes it more likely Bass survives at least another week
  2. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was released
  3. I agree with the observations made by others that historically it SEEMS that slumping kickers sort out their problems AFTER changing teams... I think this is because the change of scenery/fresh start is psychologically liberating.
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Tyler Bass officially had the game winning kick in this one.

The thing about Bass is as bad as he is, something else is always a bigger story than him at the end of the game this season. So he always just manages to slide under the radar.

This one is no different. He had the game winning Kick, Zeurlein also missed two Kicks (so "the wind"), and the story out of this game is obviously the refs calling EVERYTHING.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Of all the kickers who have been with the same team since the start of last season, only Matt Gay has a worse FG%.  Every kicker who’s been as bad or worse than Bass during that time period has either been released or were allowed to walk during free agency.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Is there better out there?   Don't want to get someone worse.

Maybe not but there’s no reason to not bring in competition and find out. Bass is actively hurting the team.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The extra point was blocked.

If you’re an NFL kicker and can’t chip and XP out of reach that’s an issue

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Time to move on. You can’t tell me there isn’t someone out there they can bring in that is more reliable.

Normally I don’t like to say stuff like this unless I have a better idea, as in a specific replacement. But we are getting to that point. Everything with this guy is an adventure now. 

• Agree 1