Should the Bills trust that Tyler Bass will return to form?

I don't put the Chiefs loss on him at all, as the Chiefs still had over 1.5 mins left to just get in FG range. Given what they managed in 13 seconds, combined with how easily they moved the ball all game, that would've been a done deal.

But given how much he's paid, he was way too shaky overall, and that's what concerns me. Then again, it's never easy kicking in Buffalo so it's not like I expect perfection. Just can't be missing XPs & be so inconsistent elsewhere.

38 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't put the Chiefs loss on him at all, as the Chiefs still had over 1.5 mins left to just get in FG range. Given what they managed in 13 seconds, combined with how easily they moved the ball all game, that would've been a done deal.

But given how much he's paid, he was way too shaky overall, and that's what concerns me. Then again, it's never easy kicking in Buffalo so it's not like I expect perfection. Just can't be missing XPs & be so inconsistent elsewhere.

There was way too much time in the KC game for his kick to matter. That being it's a terrible contract and the Bills are stuck with him for another year. I have no confidence in him and neither does his teammates or coaches

• Agree 1

On 7/3/2024 at 3:56 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

He's going to lose us a game or two next year

I agree, we have a tough schedule and more than a few will come down to getting the ball thru the pipes.

They gave him a secure deal and he crapped the bed last season.

I would not say he is a lock and they should always welcome competition and see if he can get back to form, if not...

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I think we needed a TD there.  Too much time for KC to get in FG range.

I think buffalo wins with a TD though.  KC ran the ball quite well in that one, and i think with limited time buffalo would have been able to get an extra DB on the field to combat the passing attack more effectively.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think we needed a TD there.  Too much time for KC to get in FG range.

I think buffalo wins with a TD though.  KC ran the ball quite well in that one, and i think with limited time buffalo would have been able to get an extra DB on the field to combat the passing attack more effectively.  

Only if we score with less than 13 seconds left.

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Only if we score with less than 13 seconds left.

Well the TD is a 4 point lead (assuming bass makes the kick - probably from his good hash so i'd think he does) so... the whole 13 seconds argument isn't the same.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202210160kan.htm - I was at this game and Buffalo took a 4 point lead with 1:04 left and mahomes threw a pick. 

75 yards to the endzone in under a minute is tougher than 75 yards in 1:55 with 2 timeouts.  Challenge is still the same to me though - they had 3 TDs on 7 full drives.  4 downs always gives you an extra play so the 4 point lead can make a tie game completely different.  I just felt like KC wasn't playing well in the 4th quarter, and they wouldn't have enough time to really lean on the running game that was really moving in that one.  

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Well the TD is a 4 point lead (assuming bass makes the kick - probably from his good hash so i'd think he does) so... the whole 13 seconds argument isn't the same.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202210160kan.htm - I was at this game and Buffalo took a 4 point lead with 1:04 left and mahomes threw a pick. 

75 yards to the endzone in under a minute is tougher than 75 yards in 1:55 with 2 timeouts.  Challenge is still the same to me though - they had 3 TDs on 7 full drives.  4 downs always gives you an extra play so the 4 point lead can make a tie game completely different.  I just felt like KC wasn't playing well in the 4th quarter, and they wouldn't have enough time to really lean on the running game that was really moving in that one.  

Mahomes is on another level in the playoffs sans a second half against Cinci, where they ***** around in the entire 2nd half. Let’s say KC gets the ball with 45 seconds left, down by 4. Who do you have more confidence in, Mahomes leading a game-winning drive or our defense getting a stop?

24 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Mahomes is on another level in the playoffs sans a second half against Cinci, where they ***** around in the entire 2nd half. Let’s say KC gets the ball with 45 seconds left, down by 4. Who do you have more confidence in, Mahomes leading a game-winning drive or our defense getting a stop?

Probably Mahomes but at the same time - its far more confidence than i have in buffalo preventing a FG if bass makes the one to tie the game.

Doesn't even need to be mahomes mistake that can cost them too - a bad snap, a missed block, a holding penalty, a fumble, etc.  There's a lot of things that can happen there and needing 7 instead of 3 amplifies every yard.    

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 months later...