Should the Bills trust that Tyler Bass will return to form?

14 minutes ago, JP51 said:

If we do not have a new kicker for the next game, it is an epic fail. 

Why are people thinking like this? I don’t understand. The focus shouldn’t be on Bass. It should be on who replaces Bass.

There is absolutely no one available that makes us better at kicker. Bass is our best option.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why are people thinking like this? I don’t understand. The focus shouldn’t be on Bass. It should be on who replaces Bass.

There is absolutely no one available that makes me few better at kicker. Bass is our best option.

I think people are thinking like this because they have no confidence that he can make an extra point. let alone a FG over 45 yards. They want someone better. I think not to be a prognosticator, but the more he misses like that the more its in his head and the worse theoretically people are worried he will get. But bringing someone in to me is a must. Its not like any team is gonna sign him at this point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bass is a mess, but he is an awful "wind" kicker even when he was good.   That's a tough road for anyone kicking in Buffalo.  He just isn't a power kicker like Butker, Aubrey and some of these other guys.  His kicks are finesse-like and often drift off to the right.  Buffalo will release him at some point here,,,,and I think Bass will go on to kick for a dome team and be ok, not great by any means...but better than he is here.

Just now, JP51 said:

I think people are thinking like this because they have no confidence that he can make an extra point. let alone a FG over 45 yards. They want someone better. I think not to be a prognosticator, but the more he misses like that the more its in his head and the worse theoretically people are worried he will get. But bringing someone in to me is a must. Its not like any team is gonna sign him at this point. 

A team will sign Bass.

Who gives you confidence that’s currently sitting at home watching games? Riley Patterson can’t hit extra points and has a weak leg. McManus is the best option but he’s at 79% the last 2 years in good kicking weather.

Chad Ryland when Prater returns? 😐 

Who?

27 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm sure he'd be gone if they had a lot of cap space. His dead cap is higher than his salary this year. The Bills only have like 3.5 million in cap space for the rest of the year. Dude has to find a way to get out of this funk or bills need to make some cap space and let him go 

Can we demote him to practice squad so we don't take the cap hit this year?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Bass is a mess, but he is an awful "wind" kicker even when he was good.   That's a tough road for anyone kicking in Buffalo. 

THAT is on the Bills. OBD knows the score here. Kickers do not! Many have never been exposed to climactic conditions, involving cold wind,rain, sleet and snow.

If they don’t have FG Kickers in to try out AT the Stadium in late March or early April, that’s on them! You must see whether a Kicker can kick properly in the conditions of their team in the back half of the fall- winter Season! 

14 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

Can we demote him to practice squad so we don't take the cap hit this year?

No. They would have to release him to put him on the PS. Best bet would probably be an injury. IR, still have to pay him, but they could sign a new kicker for vet min or something as a tryout.

If you see any cap space moves, its probably to cut their kicker

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is absolutely no one available that makes us better at kicker. Bass is our best option.

Not true. I cannot recall which team it was this Sunday but someone just brought in a Kicker, because they're starter was injured, and the kid went out and made at least two, maybe three field goals right down the middle.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not true. I cannot recall which team it was this Sunday but someone just brought in a Kicker, because they're starter was injured, and the kid went out and made at least two, maybe three field goals right down the middle.

Yes Chad Ryland. I’m not sure people are thinking clearly. Dump an inconsistent kicker for another inconsistent kicker? And it’ll cost us cap space?