Matt Milano/Terrell Bernard......over/under 11 combined INT/Forced Fumbles/Fumble Recoveries??

Special K

Milano and Bernard over/under questions  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Over/Under 11 combined INT/Forced Fumbles/Fumble Recoveries

• Over
    • Under
  2. 2. Over/Under 11 combined games missed due to injury

• Over
    • Under

I am really looking forward to having these two guys back manning the 2 LB positions in this D in the coming year!

These two were real turnover machines in the beginning of the season before Milano's injury, and Bernard held his own the rest of the season but was not as dynamic as he was when playing next to Milano.

Of course, both were extremely missed in the playoff game vs. KC.....I really feel that game would've had a different outcome with the two of them out there and healthy.

Obviously, this question comes down to the ability or luck of them both staying healthy, so I have included a second over/under regarding combined games missed due to injury.

Milano is All-Pro caliber if he is "back" from his recent injury, and Bernard is Pro-Bowl caliber especially playing next to a healthy Milano.

My Prediction:

I am taking the optimistic view on this one....Milano and Bernard are due some luck on the health front, and I'm expecting big things from this duo this year.

Over on the combined turnovers, under on the combined games missed due to injury.

Thoughts??

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bernard was injured for the year in 2017, 2020, and 2023. He's just so small. Very aggressive for his size. I don't think he can hold up to a full season. Milano strikes me as a guy that should get hurt a little more frequently. Usually the work out warriors can be a bit stiff in the joints. He has been very durable up until this point. I don't know how I could go under 11. Happy the Bills added some depth here. I think we will need it. 

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Bernard was injured for the year in 2017, 2020, and 2023. He's just so small. Very aggressive for his size. I don't think he can hold up to a full season. Milano strikes me as a guy that should get hurt a little more frequently. Usually the work out warriors can be a bit stiff in the joints. He has been very durable up until this point. I don't know how I could go under 11. Happy the Bills added some depth here. I think we will need it. 

Bernard has proven to be a hell of a player, but like Milano he is small and injury prone. Ideally I think you rotate Dorian Williams and Edefuan Ulofoshio in there to keep everyone fresh.

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Bernard has proven to be a hell of a player, but like Milano he is small and injury prone. Ideally I think you rotate Dorian Williams and Edefuan Ulofoshio in there to keep everyone fresh.

Milano is not injury prone.  He broke his leg.  Injury prone are the guys who chronically have hamstring, ACL, or ligament frequent repairs.

Bernard has turned into quite the player, and Milano prior to his broken leg was the best defensive player had.  He’s everywhere on the field and finds the ball.

My bottom line is over on the first question, and no on the 2nd.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you OP for giving a hoot about that damned LB position.  To me the LB's are the men amongst boys on D.  

Everyone's all boo hoo the DB stubbed his toe, or woe is me our DT doesn't have a swim move and our DE can't stop the run...

Nah, excellent LB's make the rest of the players free up to do their jobs well.  

We have VG+ LB's, and they can evolve to excellent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think that people are counting just a little too much on Milano making a return to full form.  

He's getting up there in years and a broken leg is no small thing to recover from

He'll be a decent player this year, but I don't think he'll ever be quite the same as before.  Instincts will still be top-notch, but speed and closing ability will be off

Still a plus player, but not a GREAT player

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I think you switched the names.

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm going the other way.  I'll be shocked if Milano plays and is anywhere near 100%.

I disagree. Milano has had a lot of time to recover. Knee injuries (no ligament damage either) aren’t what they used to be. Plus he relies very heavily on instincts opposed to pure athleticism. If he has a drop off then it’s going to be very minimal. In my very humble opinion of course…

• Like (+1) 1

Milano dropped a couple of easy picks last season and I think he'll come back motivated to make big plays.

Bernard is so compact that I think he'll get some interceptions on underneath routes where the qb just doesn't see him. 

Milano and Bernard are both good blitzers and I'd like to see Babich allow them to get the qb if a rush lane opens up while they're in zone coverage.

My guess is:

Milano:   4 int 2ff  1 fr

Bernard: 3 int 1 ff 2fr

Edited by Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I disagree. Milano has had a lot of time to recover. Knee injuries (no ligament damage either) aren’t what they used to be. Plus he relies very heavily on instincts opposed to pure athleticism. If he has a drop off then it’s going to be very minimal. In my very humble opinion of course…

I heard broken leg, which typically takes more than a year to fully recover.  Time will tell.