Any Kids (1995) movie fans?

The other thread about high school made me think of this movie.

While it wasn’t I think about high school life per se, it was very popular among kids I went too school with.

I still never watched it but I know to many kids of the 90s that movie hit as being very real.  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

The other thread about high school made me think of this movie.

While it wasn’t I think about high school life per se, it was very popular among kids I went too school with.

I still never watched it but I know to many kids of the 90s that movie hit as being very real.  

What movie are you talking about?

i remember seeing this movie.  i was a high school senior in 95, so it was about the same generation.  we had to go to the little theater, (the smaller, artsy theater) because it wasn't mainstream enough for the bigger theaters.  i did like the movie, but all i remember thinking was how ***** bad these kids were.  i get being raised in a city must have its pitfalls, but get your ***** together.

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i remember seeing this movie.  i was a high school senior in 95, so it was about the same generation.  we had to go to the little theater, (the smaller, artsy theater) because it wasn't mainstream enough for the bigger theaters.  i did like the movie, but all i remember thinking was how ***** bad these kids were.  i get being raised in a city must have its pitfalls, but get your ***** together.

I forgot about this movie. I was in high school from 84-88 and saw kids like this in the suburbs of Richmond, VA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

Watch "Thirteen", then you'll never want to have kids.

Great movie.  Not for the faint of heart or easily offended though.  I recall when this came out hearing that many of the actors were also professional skateboarders.  Not sure if true.  The final scene with Casper and Jennie is tough to watch. 😬 

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Pecos Bills said:

I was in HS when this came out: not sure if I have ever hated any movie more.

It's a mediocre movie about bad people with no point other than "look at these #######s." I've never understood what people saw in it.

• Agree 1

Kids is a classic, especially for all us 90s kids.

Harmony Korine is something else alright. Not even sure what to say about the guy because I can appreciate a lot of his work (movies and books), but then he has this side which is so ***** up beyond acceptable. One of the only people ever kicked off and banned from Letterman's show.

His movie Gummo is a great step in an even more messed up direction than Kids. Focusing on the (fictional) salt of the earth folk who live in rural Ohio. Hoo-wee...

In many ways, Euphoria (HBO or Max or whatever) is the modern day Kids. Lets take every bad impulse that any teen may have ever had and have them all manifested in a small group of kids with zero competent parental figures.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.