AFC Best Case Worst Case Season Outlook July Edition

corta765

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m not saying I agree or disagree, but you’re saying the Chiefs worst case almost matches everyone else’s best case?

At this point they have the best coach and QB in the league. Their division is AFCE mid 2000s bad so even if their down who are you honestly taking at this point. Don't like it but really hard for me to see any way they miss the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You are pretty spot on Corta.  I like that you are interested in the entire NFL.  Do you like college football a lot also?

When I saw your worst case for the Chiefs at only 11-6, At first glance I thought that was giving them a little too much love.  Then I looked up their schedule for 2024.  And it does not look that difficult on paper playing their cross over games against the NFC South.  And their division on paper still looks pretty weak.  Denver and Las Vegas don't look like they have much at QB, at least compared to Mahomes.  And the Chargers were crap last year.  And yes Harbaugh is a good coach.  But I am not sold on Herbert as much as some are.  People were always blaming their coach.  And yes he made some questionable decisions.  But Herbert is soft.  And tends to play small in big moments.  And the Chargers secondary was god awful last year.  But every year is a new season.  So maybe KC gets too comfy and cocky.  And Kelce really starts to fall off.  That would be perfect.  

As for the Bills.  I like us in the 12-5 range if the defense can stay healthy.  

Exactly with the Chiefs. Like truthfully its like the Pats at this point where the best coach and QB in division are so far ahead, the schedule is light, and you need basically injuries to derail it.

I follow college football but not like I use to. It has gotten so money heavy and commercialized its lost its luster for me.

Edited by corta765

On 7/3/2024 at 10:56 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Excellent point.

I was looking at it from the standpoint of just the season itself and the potential of Josh Allen being reduced by it going forward.   But long term the draft capital could be nice.   Beane has drafted pretty well but he has struggled to find difference makers and that would be a sliver platter opportunity.

Trubisky is absolutely terrible though.   If I had to pick THE current veteran QB most likely to go 0-17 if given the opportunity he would be at the top of the list.   He sucks and he's durable.

I would love a situation where Daniel Jones becomes Allen’s more permanent backup.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2024 at 11:53 AM, RiotAct said:

good writeups.  I have a hard time seeing Miami winning 13 games with that defense though, even if their offense continues to click on all cylinders.

I just have a hard time seeing it because Tua is simply too limited physically and good teams will force him to beat them, and he simply can't. At least not frequently enough to win 13 games. When you have to hide your QB as much as possible, it doesn't say a lot of good things about his actual capabilities. The easiest way to beat the Fins is to force Tua to beat you.

Edited by Big Turk