What Will Trump's Second "Term" Look Like?

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, just don't think about what this court just did

So you are cool with giving Trump unlimited power? What evil would he do?

I'd say, "Wake up" but you already know what he is going to do and you approve of it.

Just admit it

What’s it like to be a useful idiot that parrots the Democrat talking points they send to CNN and The NY Times daily? 

Useful idiots.  Soon you’ll be able to try and save this democracy Trump ended in his first term where the world told you to stay home indefinitely unless you wanted to protest racism and Trump by voting for a generic Democrat that does what it’s CCP masters tell it to do.  

You all are pathetic.  

Yep

If Trump sucks, you win 2028 in a walk.  

If he even wins this November 

You all sound absolutely ridiculous like whiny ****es

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Horrible that our soldiers have to deal with this. 

Hopefully a second Trump Presidency reflects a country these solders can actually believe in. 

Because, sadly, much of what is being said (racism aside), is true.. and is why enlistment numbers are drastically down.   

Men have stopped wanting to defend values they find abhorrent. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Angry 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I know what he said.  What decision  did President Kennedy make that went against Catholic teachings?  Wasn't abortion cuz it was not legalized until 9 years after his death.

This is one of many gripes I have with President Biden.  He is Mr. Devout Catholic.  I could see if he wanted to sort of recuse himself from the issue.  But no. He goes to bat for it.  Seems hypocritical to me.  

He didn't reply to criticism of him by fundamentalists about birth control and abortion.  Birth control?  We are back to that argument now!  He pledged to put democracy over religion.   That cool.  So did Joe.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

At least you’re consistent. 

Also, you do realize that if Obama, Biden and Trump are all in prison, we won’t have a functioning country, correct?

Who is running for President in that environment?

I’m sure there are plenty of people who could run for President. 

Of all the Republican primary candidates I thought Niki Haley would have represented you guys the best. I don’t know much about her but from what I saw in the debates I could live with her as Pres. I think the republicans made a big mistake. Time to move on from trump and Biden.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

He didn't reply to criticism of him by fundamentalists about birth control and abortion.  Birth control?  We are back to that argument now!  He pledged to put democracy over religion.   That cool.  So did Joe.

Not replying to criticism is a far cry from going to bat for abortion IMHO.  Who exactly is arguing to make birth control illegal?

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Not replying to criticism is a far cry from going to bat for abortion IMHO.  Who exactly is arguing to make birth control illegal?

NO ONE, who has any power to do so.

S.O.P quote a couple of state reps and claim the whole party is for it.

But they have started this hoax to try and boost their slumping support

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

btw, my born and raised Catholic, WNYer Dad voted for Goldwater

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/03/08/the-kennedy-speech-that-stoked-the-rise-of-the-christian-right-123369

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Classic Donkey fear mongering.  We're seeing a lot of it this year for some reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

He's not going to do much of anything just like his first 4 years. What he won't do is all of the woke crap the Dems did while also funding 2 wars. Enough of that stuff, time to support actual working class Americans

This is probably true, but that's because trump is self-interested, and does/says most things to keep them in his graces.  What concerns me is that at some point, they will have a leader that really does consider all the GQP rhetoric to be gospel.  For now, this makes me thankful that trump is a great liar.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

read the f'in article.  it gives names....

I did read it. A couple Rs in a state house and it flopped. 

Donkeys are still fear mongering about a lot of stuff. They're desperate cuz the got a tub of ***** and they do know what to do with it.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I did read it. A couple Rs in a state house and it flopped. 

Donkeys are still fear mongering about a lot of stuff. They're desperate cuz the got a tub of ***** and they do know what to do with it.

Alito nd Thomas would go for it like bass at a minnow.  Kavanaugh, Roberts et al would be less inspired but carried along...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Which Christians?  

Did the Democrats succeed in ending the near 1000 year old schism?  

Did MAGA?  

Did I miss something?  

Edited by Big Blitz

As extraordinary as that prospect might sound, constitutional law experts say she’s right: The court’s decision in Trump v. United States really does appear to immunize a hypothetical president who directed the military to commit murder, though a president might be hard-pressed to find someone to carry out such an order.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/02/trump-immunity-murder-navy-sotomayor-00166385

Trump will have trouble finding someone to carry out this order? Did this person watch Jan 6? He can just have a flunky sworn into military to go kill someone, or just get his thugs to do it. He got Jared Kushner a security clearance when he was denied it

This is what the right wants 

image.png.74420a8f4b42eb373c7ea3a026ffa36f.png

For Redish, the outlook appears just as foreboding.

“I can’t imagine a better invitation to tyranny than the Supreme Court just gave,” he said. “It’s almost like they sent out a formal invitation — you know, dress wear is required.”

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

Horrible that our soldiers have to deal with this. 

Hopefully a second Trump Presidency reflects a country these solders can actually believe in. 

Because, sadly, much of what is being said (racism aside), is true.. and is why enlistment numbers are drastically down.   

Men have stopped wanting to defend values they find abhorrent. 

Couldn’t it just be that people are sick of wars and there’s no point in joining the military?