How close is Allen to Mahomes if all things were equal?

Alphadawg7

If all things were equal...is Mahomes really that much better than Allen?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best QB in the NFL currently if all things were equal?

• Allen
    • Mahomes
    • Other

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No but in your silly blind reveal, why don’t you include Josh Allen’s playoff stats in his losses only. 

Guarantee our beautiful boy is at the bottom of those other numbers. 

BET

338 ypg

2.2 TDs/game

.4 INTs/game

301 ypg

2.0 TDs/game

1.33 INTs/game

one of these is Allen's stats in playoff losses, one of these is Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 90sBills said:

No other fanbases outside of Bills even think this is a real debate. Mahomes is the best then everybody else end of story.

Allen is #2 imo and there’s a lot to be proud about that in a league with many young talented quarterbacks. 

You people don’t realize how better KC runs their program as to compared to us….

KC has almost every year, had a much better OL and you just can’t discount that.

Last season, KC might have had THE best D in the league… That defense beat us and win the Super Bowl not Mahomes….

KC does not take 30 mill dead cap hits. That is absolutely massive! It looks like we’ll have a ton of dead money again next year.

It isn’t even close, KC management makes chumps of us every year.

i’d love to see Allen on the chefs and Mahomes here. No way Mahomes is the difference.

• Like (+1) 2

If all things were equal, just not sure.

If they were equal, Allen would have been groomed in a major college program and landed on a team where the HC was a brilliant OC.

I guess another way of looking at it equally would be does Mahomes have the same success if he went to the Bills in the draft and Allen to the Chiefs?

Holy glitch on my Droid...sorry if folks saw the multi-entries.

Edited by WideNine

10 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

You people don’t realize how better KC runs their program as to compared to us….

KC has almost every year, had a much better OL and you just can’t discount that.

Last season, KC might have had THE best D in the league… That defense beat us and win the Super Bowl not Mahomes….

KC does not take 30 mill dead cap hits. That is absolutely massive! It looks like we’ll have a ton of dead money again next year.

It isn’t even close, KC management makes chumps of us every year.

i’d love to see Allen on the chefs and Mahomes here. No way Mahomes is the difference.

Absolutely agree with you about KC’s FO. I’ll even go further by saying their coaches develop young players better than the Bills coaches. But to say Mahomes isn’t the difference is not accepting reality. It’s all good. 

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Absolutely agree with you about KC’s FO. I’ll even go further by saying their coaches develop young players better than the Bills coaches. But to say Mahomes isn’t the difference is not accepting reality. It’s all good. 

I think "parity" is something of a reality in the modern NFL.  The difference between the haves and have-nots isn't as great as it used to be before free agency and the salary cap.  And it's much harder to establish a dynasty now.

I think the situation nowadays is that there are maybe 6 or so strong teams at the start of the team with a solid chance (around 1 in 10) of reaching the SB.  The Bills are one of those teams.

But KC is a unicorn.  They have maybe the best offensive mind in the game paired with maybe the best QB.  They've also had a great DC (Spags) for five years now who weirdly hasn't been stolen for a HC position.  And they have strong FO that builds and sustains a strong overall roster.   They're clearly not in that 10% crowd.  

• Agree 2

It’s been rehashed. There’s very few clear arguments in favor of Mahomes with all things being equal. 

Allen just needs to win a SB at this point to shut up the haters, who don’t want to be wrong about draft night 2018. Two SB and the haters will stay quiet forever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Athletically its Josh 100% with an eye on his ceiling. But while comparing the 2, 1 has displayed his ability to win the big game when it counts & the other is the QB for the Buffalo BILLS.

Until that last bit isn't synonymous with losing & choking, any BILLS player needs to be 2nd to whoever is 1st imho. Until you demonstrate you can win the big game then its just how it has to be.

I know its not all on 1 person win or lose, but one also can't deny that winning matters. Some would say its all that matters.

PS  I typically don't partake in these fan debates because they're usually just popularity contests. They're both of the best in the league

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

😂😂the one who wins he says

has it really come to this

We desperately need a close win in the playoffs against a top 5 team. To do so I think we will need to see Josh bring us from behind to win. It's something the Bills have never done with this iteration. 13 seconds only had so long of a shelf life in thinking that was the smoking gun evidence that we could comeback on the biggest stage. We had a shot last year. We can talk about missed FG's, but we could also talk about his fumble to start that drive which took one of the most fortunate bounces I ever remember to even get to the FG. We needed six on that drive. We had a shot to end the Houston game. We got a FG instead of six and failed in our first OT drive. 

I don't blame Allen for either outcome but we are talking about comparing him to Mahomes and Mahomes had to come from behind multiple times in every Super Bowl run they had. I think Josh can do it. It just hasn't happened yet.

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We desperately need a close win in the playoffs against a top 5 team. To do so I think we will need to see Josh bring us from behind to win. It's something the Bills have never done with this iteration. 13 seconds only had so long of a shelf life in thinking that was the smoking gun evidence that we could comeback on the biggest stage. We had a shot last year. We can talk about missed FG's, but we could also talk about his fumble to start that drive which took one of the most fortunate bounces I ever remember to even get to the FG. We needed six on that drive. We had a shot to end the Houston game. We got a FG instead of six and failed in our first OT drive. 

I don't blame Allen for either outcome but we are talking about comparing him to Mahomes and Mahomes had to come from behind multiple times in every Super Bowl run they had. I think Josh can do it. It just hasn't happened yet.

I hear you, but…It has happened…it’s just the D folded and gave up the lead Allen gave them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mikie2times said:

Mahomes needed his kicker twice in the last super bowl 'comeback' lol come on

Bass misses his so somehow Mahomes is better? Our defense implodes and Allen needs a comeback victory? Huh

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear you, but…It has happened…it’s just the D folded and gave up the lead Allen gave them.  

if your defense needs fewer than 13seconds of gametime to ensure a 'comeback' victory...I mean what are we really talking about here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Mahomes needed his kicker twice in the last super bowl 'comeback' lol come on

Bass misses his so somehow Mahomes is better? Our defense implodes and Allen needs a comeback victory? Huh

if your defense needs fewer than 13seconds of gametime to ensure a 'comeback' victory...I mean what are we really talking about here

Mahomes did something in 13 seconds that Allen hasn't been able to do in the regular season or playoffs. He won an OT game. It's certainly not like he has never had the ball in OT either. It's how we lost the Texans game. 

If you want to simplify to FG's that's up to you. I don't think that perspective is consistent with what has actually happened. 

Edited by Mikie2times

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Mahomes did something in 13 seconds that Allen hasn't been able to do in the regular season or playoffs. He won an OT game. It's certainly not like he has never had the ball in OT either. It's how we lost the Texans game. 

If you want to simplify to FG's that's up to you. I don't think that perspective is consistent with what has actually happened. 

you brought up fgs

allen doesn't get to play against the bills defense in the playoffs. if he did we'd have a couple super bowls by now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

you brought up fgs

allen doesn't get to play against the bills defense in the playoffs. if he did we'd have a couple super bowls by now

Perhaps, but it's been another increase in play at the Super Bowl level judging by Mahomes stats. He didn't exactly light up the 49ers either time and Tampa gave him his worst playoff game in his career.  We would have made the AFC championship for sure. But it surely won't just be about getting past KC. The NFC has put forth a team who nearly beat KC every year. We will need a multi game run, multiple comebacks, winning competitive close games. Long way uphill. 

When Allen is completely on (think Dolphins home game last year) he's better than Mahomes at his best.  He's hardly ever completely on though so you've got to give it to Mahomes for his consistency. 

Mahomes is more discipline too.  If Mahomes was our quarterback in the last playoff game he would've checked it down to Diggs instead of trying a low percentage throw to the middle of the back of the end zone 25 yards down the field to Shakir.  To me that's pretty obvious at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1