How close is Allen to Mahomes if all things were equal?

If all things were equal...is Mahomes really that much better than Allen?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best QB in the NFL currently if all things were equal?

5 hours ago, 90sBills said:

This is the kind of irrational stance that gets BillsMafia laughed at among NFL fans. 

Yet you provide no evidence to back your stance. While simultaneously removing all the evidence I provided to back my stance.

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yet you provide no evidence to back your stance. While simultaneously removing all the evidence I provided to back my stance.

What evidence did you provide besides your opinion?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

What evidence did you provide besides your opinion?

Then you should re-read the post. I laid the framework for exactly why I believe Mahomes has experienced the success he has, why Allen has not, and why switching the two would result in a difference of success.

IMG-1759.jpg

You provided absolutely nothing as for why you believe switching scenarios would result in the same success for each.

Personally, I think you’re just a Chiefs homer here to troll.

You registered a couple weeks after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year, and only have around 1k posts, yet over 300 of your posts are about the Chiefs or Mahomes. That’s a very high percentage. Are you a Chiefs fan masquerading as a Bills fan?

Edited by Einstein

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Then you should re-read the post. I laid the framework for exactly why I believe Mahomes has experienced the success he has, why Allen has not, and why switching the two would result in a difference of success.

IMG-1759.jpg

You provided absolutely nothing as for why you believe switching scenarios would result in the same success for each.

Mahomes FO was so great, they fired the GM right after they drafted him.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Mahomes FO was so great, they fired the GM right after they drafted him.

Dorsey was fired because of a management conflict. Not because of his results. They had made the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years.

The move was met with universal shock because he was considered one of the best GM’s in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

IMG-1759.jpg

You registered a couple weeks after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year, annd only have around 1k posts, yet 242 of them are about Mahomes. That’s a very high percentage.

I didn’t dispute the scenarios you laid out. I disputed your conclusion from those scenarios. You know the part you didn’t include in your screenshot. You said if they switched Allen would have 3 rings and Mahomes zero. That’s called an opinion. I disagree. That’s my opinion. 

As to the other assertion against me personally, that’s also an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just don’t pass them as facts with evidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

As to the other assertion against me personally, that’s also an opinion. 

Typically when posters are accused of being a troll from another team, they deny it. This response is as close to an admission as one can get.

Chiefs Planet is that way ——>

Just now, Einstein said:

Typically when posters are accused of being a troll from another team, they deny it. This response is as close to an admission as one can get.

Chiefs Planet is that way ——>

From my life experience it’s the opposite. People who are guilty of accusations are the first to deny. But I understand that not everyone views life the same.

Posted (edited)

Mahomes gets the nod even if all things were equal.  Not by a lot, but he does.  Both have great arms, both can run (Josh is better but Mahomes can move when required), but Mahomes is better at taking what defenses give him, will take the 5 yard throw when it’s there.  That’s the one area of Josh’s game where he can and will improve.

Edited by oldmanfan

57 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I think the gap between Allen and Mahomes is much closer than the gap between Reid and McDermott.

Chiefs would still be a playoff team without Mahomes but the Bills wouldn't without Allen.

It took Reid 21 seasons as a head coach to win a Super Bowl.  So, if my math is correct get ready to party in 2038.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG-1759.jpg

You registered a couple weeks after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year, and only have around 1k posts, yet over 300 of your posts are about the Chiefs or Mahomes. That’s a very high percentage. Are you a Chiefs fan masquerading as a Bills fan?

Your “evidence” consists of only listing things that Mahomes has going for him and things that Allen has going against him.  

If Mahomes hadn’t come back in the 0:13 game and driven down the field for a game winning TD in OT, people could talk about how he left the field with the lead and his defense lost the game in spite of his multiple come from behind drives in the 4th quarter.  Nobody talks about that because he pulled off the greatest comeback in NFL history.

If Mahomes had lost to the Bengals in the 2022 playoffs, people could talk about how he played on one leg and was throwing passes to special teams players because all of his WRs were injured.  Nobody talks about that because he still won and went on to win the Super Bowl.  

If Mahomes had lost to the Bills last year, people could talk about how Hardman fumbled through the end zone in the 4th quarter and cost them the game.  It doesn’t matter because the Bills led 24-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter, had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter, and couldn’t score.

Andy Reid didn’t make Josh miss that throw to Shakir, the playoff drought didn’t hold the Bills to 10 points against the Bengals, and Kelvin Benjamin had nothing to do with Mahomes scoring 38 points over a 6 possession span in the 2020 AFCCG.  

When you win, they’re obstacles.  When you lose, they’re excuses.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Mahomes gets the nod even if all things were equal.  Not by a lot, but he does.  Both have great arms, both can run (Josh is better but Mahomes can move when required), but Mahomes is better at taking what defenses give him, will take the 5 years throw when it’s there.  That’s the one area of Josh’s game where he can and will improve.

I will helpfully remind you that Keon Coleman was drafted by the Bills, not the Chiefs. Therefore, it will be Josh Allen, not Pat Mahomes, taking the five years throws.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I will helpfully remind you that Keon Coleman was drafted by the Bills, not the Chiefs. Therefore, it will be Josh Allen, not Pat Mahomes, taking the five years throws.

Whoops!  5 yard throws.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Billl said:

If Mahomes hadn’t come back in the 0:13 game and driven down the field for a game winning TD in OT, people could talk about how he left the field with the lead and his defense lost the game

You mean like what happened to Josh Allen?

Except Allen wasn’t given the opportunity to take the lead like Mahomes was. A coin toss made it so that Allen wasn’t allowed an opportunity. 

Another time that Mahomes was given an opportunity that Allen wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

If Mahomes had lost to the Bills last year, people could talk about how Hardman fumbled through the end zone in the 4th quarter and cost them the game.

You mean the game where Allen led the Bills down the field and his kicker missed the kick? 

Butker didn’t miss for Mahomes.

Another time that Mahomes was gifted an opportunity from a teammate that Allen wasn’t .

These are perfect examples of how the legend of Mahomes is based upon opportunities that Mahomes was gifted.

Put another way, these are perfect examples of times where

Mahomes earned “legend” status with performances that Allen wasn’t allowed to have because he physically wasn’t allowed an opportunity to take the lead in OT against KC, and his kicker missed the kick that Mahomes kicker never misses.

If Butker missed the kick in 0:13, does that negate Mahomes performance? If MVS dropped the catch against the Bills, does that negate Mahomes performance?

Who is the better batter?

Player A: hit the game winning homer 

Player B: Wasn’t allowed an at-bat 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Andy Reid didn’t make Josh miss that throw to Shakir

Allen didn’t miss a throw to Shakir. He was hit as he threw it.

Edited by Einstein

42 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Whoops!  5 yard throws.

I liked the first one better.

Announcer 1: "It's been three years since Josh Allen dropped back to pass. He's been incredibly patient in the pocket thus far."

Announcer 2: "No one is open just yet. But at the rate things are going, two years from now Keon Coleman should be open."

Posted (edited)

I just voted other because I feel they are fairly equal. Some think Mahomes is miles ahead of everyone but I don’t think that is true. Mahomes has more success than anyone but that doesn’t mean he has some huge gap in skill. 

All things are not equal when it comes to success. I believe there are some things Mahomie is better at than Allen and I believe there are some things Allen is better at than Mahomie. 

Success aside I think these QBs are closer in skill than some people want to credit. To me they are so close that it doesn’t matter. I just like to say they are the top QBs in the league and leave it at that. 

Edited by Scott7975