Buffalo - climate "haven"?

On 7/4/2024 at 3:23 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Go figure... The modern electrical AC unit was invented in Buffalo (Willis Carrier, 1902)... And it makes the Sun Belt livable to this day. 

Wills Carrier should not be blamed despite the terrible thing which occurred as a result of his invention.  TVA power also made it practical.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:40 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I've been saying this for years. As global warming continues, being along the Great Lakes is the place to be.

I am the Tourism Director for the largest hotel in Niagara Falls, ON. I meet people from all points on the globe daily. In recent years the hotel fills up with increasing numbers of people from the South (especially Texas) and Pacific Northwest. Most of them tell me that escaping unbearable summer weather was a major contributing factor in their choice of vacation spots.

Also, recent winters in WNY are increasingly mild. Last year I used my snow blower once.

"WNY, The Weather Place To Be!"

I was a bit surprised by all the Cardinals fans at the game Sunday. I talked with bunches of them, and they all said something like “It’s 108 degrees at home and it’s been that way for months. Buffalo sounded great!”  😂 

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was a bit surprised by all the Cardinals fans at the game Sunday. I talked with bunches of them, and they all said something like “It’s 108 degrees at home and it’s been that way for months. Buffalo sounded great!”  😂 

As a Texan.. yea.. it's not great, Bob. Going back over 100 next week again.

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

That studio should have stimulated weather - sometimes she get wet from rain and sometimes wind raises skirt.  I am sure it would raise ratings.

Or maybe subtitles, but you can go with that. 

:)