Is there a place you like going to most people don't?

Posted (edited)

The Waterfront in Perth Amboy, NJ I do like a lot.  While it does have a little beach there most people in New Jersey love the shores when it comes to being by the water.

Part of it too I think the city of Perth Amboy gets a little unfairly put down quite a bit around this neck of the woods.  

What I think is cool about it besides the nice walkway, and piers is you look directly at the most southern point of NYC and New York State...  Tottenville, Staten Island.  Being New York extends all the way up to the Buffalo/Niagara area out west I think that's pretty cool.  Especially since I spend a good amount of time on a Buffalo fan site.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

• Another Fan changed the title to Is there a place you like going to most people don't?

My backyard at night. Got coyotes. Most rather not go back there after dark. They get the deer. If they’re howling I don’t go back there for a few nights.

Occasionally I get a glimpse of one if I have a flashlight. They run, but, sometimes they turn for a second and I can see the glint in their eye.

9 hours ago, US Egg said:

My backyard at night. Got coyotes. Most rather not go back there after dark. They get the deer. If they’re howling I don’t go back there for a few nights.

Occasionally I get a glimpse of one if I have a flashlight. They run, but, sometimes they turn for a second and I can see the glint in their eye.

Why don't you like going out there?  I have coyotes yipping at night all the time but they just run when you start walking.

My neighbor saw a pack going near his chickens and he took out his rifle and got one.  He was going to clean it up the next morning but when he got there...dead body gone.  

My neighbor has goats and they dug underneath the fence to get them.  

I walk out there at night a lot.  There's 87 acres of woods at the end of my lot and I've found some cool stuff like old coins and antique cans.  I found a Pepsi bottle that looked to be from the 60's.  

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why don't you like going out there?  I have coyotes yipping at night all the time but they just run when you start walking.

My neighbor saw a pack going near his chickens and he took out his rifle and got one.  He was going to clean it up the next morning but when he got there...dead body gone.  

My neighbor has goats and they dug underneath the fence to get them.  

I walk out there at night a lot.  There's 87 acres of woods at the end of my lot and I've found some cool stuff like old coins and antique cans.  I found a Pepsi bottle that looked to be from the 60's.  

I do go back there at night, it’s guests who usually won’t. I stay away when they’re in a kill. Deer carcass is gone in two days. They do eat their own as I have found coyote skulls.

My yard is bordered by a small creek, couple of old dumps, have found some small bottles, most stuff is broken glass and dishes.

the dentist.

mostly because I am a firm believer in maintenance.  And I'm hoping to avoid expensive dental bills

so Meh I don't hate it. I consider it smart living.  do I like it? I mean it's not an OH BOY I GET TO GO type moment for me u know why.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, US Egg said:

OMG coyotes. I live between 2 canyons and they are everywhere around here. People carry walking sticks because they are out and about when you least suspect them there it will be.

Just yesterday a large one was trolling down the middle of my avenue. One took a crap on my sidewalk it was all hairy and gross I had to clean it GROSS

my dog who is the most passive non reactive animal will grrrrrrrowl under her breath and GF is NOT happy. She senses them and Hears them. all hours of the day and night.

the only coyote I like is Wiley 🙂

I agree with come of these.   

Grocery Store.   I used to work in one during high school and it was the best job I ever had.   

Dentist.   Only reason, my dentist is awesome and she's very easy on the eyes.  

Dennys.    Lumberjack slam is the greatest meal ever.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

I agree with come of these.   

Grocery Store.   I used to work in one during high school and it was the best job I ever had.   

Dennys.    Lumberjack slam is the greatest meal ever.  

Yeah Dennys I think is very underrated.  Always get a solid meal there.  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah Dennys I think is very underrated.  Always get a solid meal there.  

If the wife and I go there for a late lunch and I get the Lumberjack slam.  Im full all day.    Plus they have a pretty good cheeseburger. 

Edited by Toomstone.Part.Duex

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Grocery shopping. 

…..as long as I’m alone. No way am I buying store brand Honey Nut Cheerios or double stuff Oreos.

2 hours ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

“My dental hygienist is cute. Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.”

― Steven Wright

Red Lobster  I'm a slow eater and everything I like comes in a warming dish. 

Olive Garden.  I love the all you can eat soup and salad.

Sadly the closest location is 30 minutes away.

OK, this is from my experience 25 years ago. Things might have changed by now, but I would not bet on it.

The Island Cottage Woods in Greece/Rochester. The place had a few hiking paths, but was mostly used as trash dump. Unless you enjoy trash, for most of the year the place was a bore.  However, for three weeks in spring it turned into magic. On their way to the nesting grounds in Canada, warblers (small and often very colorful birds) would use the woods as last stop before crossing Lake Ontario. Within one morning, you could easily see 6-8 different species of warbler. My personal record was 13. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.