2024 NFL Week 1 Announcers - Maps TBA late summer

ryguy101

2024 NFL Week 1 announcers - only a few known so far! This will be updated during the summer when more announcer pairings are put out for week 1.

PS - If anyone finds any out before I update, let me know!

September 5th - NBC - Ravens @ Chiefs - Mike Tirico/Cris Collinsworth/Melissa Stark - 8:20 PM

September 6th - Peacock - Packers @ Eagles - TBA - 8:15 PM

September 8th - Panthers @ Saints- TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Vikings @ Giants - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Patriots @ Bengals - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Steelers @ Falcons - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Texans @ Colts - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Cardinals @ Bills - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Titans @ Bears - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Jaguars @ Dolphins - TBA - 1:00 PM

September 8th - Broncos @ Seahawks - TBA - 4:05 PM

September 8th - Raiders @ Chargers - TBA - 4:05 PM

September 8th - Cowboys @ Browns - Kevin Burkhardt/Tom Brady/Erin Andrews/Tom Rinaldi - 4:25 PM

September 8th - Commanders @ Buccaneers - TBA - 4:25 PM

September 8th - Rams @ Lions - Mike Tirico/Cris Collinsworth/Melissa Stark - 8:20 PM

September 9th - Jets @ 49ers - Joe Buck/Troy Aikman/Lisa Salters - 8:15 PM

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My least favorite is Mowins, followed by Spiro Dedes.  With Mowins, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I find Dedes to be extremely annoying.  I don't dislike Collinsworth as much as some do here.  I really like Jim Nantz and Romo was excellent his first few seasons, but he's gotten a little big for his britches and his attention to detail seems to have gone by the wayside.  It seems that once he became a star broadcaster, he stopped putting in the work and he wings it during games.  Greg Olsen is excellent and it's too bad he's being pushed down by Brady, who has never done the job before.  I think that Brady will be good - despite his whiny voice, he seems to be a good public speaker and is comfortable on camera, and obviously is a great student of the game - but Olsen earned that spot on the merits of his performance.

Edited by msw2112

5 hours ago, msw2112 said:

My least favorite is Mowins, followed by Spiro Dedes.  With Mowins, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I find Dedes to be extremely annoying.  I don't dislike Collinsworth as much as some do here.  I really like Jim Nantz and Romo was excellent his first few seasons, but he's gotten a little big for his britches and his attention to detail seems to have gone by the wayside.  It seems that once he became a star broadcaster, he stopped putting in the work and he wings it during games.

I'm OK with Mowins, I was listening to her call women's college world series for years. She knows her ***** and is always prepared.  Gotta stick with my fellow Greek Spero Dedes.  Cannot stand Collinsworth and his ball washing of everything but the Bills.  Romo was great at first, calling every play based on formation, etc.  They told him to stop doing that, and ever since then, he's been JAG.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

On 6/30/2024 at 2:49 PM, ryguy101 said:

2024 NFL Week 1 announcers - only a few known so far! This will be updated during the summer when more announcer pairings are put out for week 1.

PS - If anyone finds any out before I update, let me know!

Thanks for posting this!

ryguy101 will be doing the announcers and I think maps this season. I won't be (or the refs either). I was just a big perfectionist, and I found preparing the posts (which I did in advance) and checking all the sites for info each week (multiple times each day) and responding to posts here was just too taxing with my busy schedule. It took a lot of work for me, partly because I made it that way and chose to really go all out. (I notice on another forum--the Browns I think--the weekly maps are just a link to the site, lol.)

ryguy always seemed very enthused about this last season and was respectful and polite. He messaged me about this (not that I ever "owned" these weekly topics) and I was actually relieved he could do it. I  was going to make a post announcing this "retirement" in August, but I'm glad it's out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thanks for posting this!

ryguy101 will be doing the announcers and I think maps this season. I won't be (or the refs either). I was just a big perfectionist, and I found preparing the posts (which I did in advance) and checking all the sites for info each week (multiple times each day) and responding to posts here was just too taxing with my busy schedule. It took a lot of work for me, partly because I made it that way and chose to really go all out. (I notice on another forum--the Browns I think--the weekly maps are just a link to the site, lol.)

ryguy always seemed very enthused about this last season and was respectful and polite. He messaged me about this (not that I ever "owned" these weekly topics) and I was actually relieved he could do it. I  was going to make a post announcing this "retirement" in August, but I'm glad it's out.

Well you did a hell of a job. Thanks again! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

We'll get spero dedas (or however it's spelled) gaurenteed. For some reason he does alot of bills games. I don't mind him 

he is one of the lower announcers at the network meaning he gets the lower ranked team games each week. That's why in 2018 when we were 6-10 we got him nearly every week. We haven't had him in a couple years