2024 NFL Week 1 Announcers - Bills vs Cardinals (McCarthy/Feely/Tucker/Blackmon)

On 7/1/2024 at 12:03 PM, msw2112 said:

My least favorite is Mowins, followed by Spiro Dedes.  With Mowins, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I find Dedes to be extremely annoying.  I don't dislike Collinsworth as much as some do here.  I really like Jim Nantz and Romo was excellent his first few seasons, but he's gotten a little big for his britches and his attention to detail seems to have gone by the wayside.  It seems that once he became a star broadcaster, he stopped putting in the work and he wings it during games.  Greg Olsen is excellent and it's too bad he's being pushed down by Brady, who has never done the job before.  I think that Brady will be good - despite his whiny voice, he seems to be a good public speaker and is comfortable on camera, and obviously is a great student of the game - but Olsen earned that spot on the merits of his performance.

I agree. Dedes reminds me of the last several years of the drought. We got him every other week for years 

I don't really care who the announcers are. The Bills walking off the field 1-0 is all that matters. But it's no surprise that this game won't get a top announcing crew. The Cards at Bills isn't a sexy matchup as it is considered a "meh" interconference game. 

And... the FOX announcers have been put in for week 1! We are still waiting on the Brazil announcers but everything else is final. That just means we are getting closer and closer to week 1!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:03 AM, msw2112 said:

My least favorite is Mowins, followed by Spiro Dedes.  With Mowins, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I find Dedes to be extremely annoying.  I don't dislike Collinsworth as much as some do here.  I really like Jim Nantz and Romo was excellent his first few seasons, but he's gotten a little big for his britches and his attention to detail seems to have gone by the wayside.  It seems that once he became a star broadcaster, he stopped putting in the work and he wings it during games.  Greg Olsen is excellent and it's too bad he's being pushed down by Brady, who has never done the job before.  I think that Brady will be good - despite his whiny voice, he seems to be a good public speaker and is comfortable on camera, and obviously is a great student of the game - but Olsen earned that spot on the merits of his performance.

I like Spiro Dedes, personally. I think he is underrated. He is usually paired up with someone terrible, though.

Completely agree on Greg Olsen. He is one of the best, in my opinion. I don't love his voice, but he really does his homework and gives great insight.

Collinsworth is a triple strike for me. I HATE his voice. I HATE his takes. I HATE his double standards and backhanded compliments. But, he is undoubtedly knowledgeable and he catches interesting things to point out in games. So, I like him 25% of the time and loathe him the other 75% of the time. And Mike Tirico, despite having a good voice, annoys me too. He is just a yes man for Collinsworth.

We'll see on Brady. All I can imagine right now is just wanting to punch his pretty face.

The pair I used to dislike but have actually grown to enjoy, if that's the right word, is Buck and Aikman. They are just so average and not noteworthy that they actually aren't a distraction, which is pretty nice when you think about it. If you aren't going to be great, at least don't be a distraction. Their blandness goes in their favor.

Edited by MJS

The links for maps have been put out on the post. For some reason, I couldn't get the map pictures to load so I provided a link but put the color next to the corresponding game so you can check on the map. I will post a separate link for referees most likely. Any questions or comments let me know

Edited by ryguy101
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ryguy101 said:

The links for maps have been put out on the post. For some reason, I couldn't get the map pictures to load so I provided a link but put the color next to the corresponding game so you can check on the map. I will post a separate link for referees most likely. Any questions or comments let me know

You beat 506 sports to the maps. Impressive!

• Thank you (+1) 1