Name one player you hope you are wrong about...

Ethan in Cleveland

35 minutes ago, finn said:

Last year I would have said Gabe Davis. This year, I hope I'm wrong about Spencer Brown. He's had some good stretches here and there, but on balance he's been a liability (or injured) since he arrived. The pessimist in me says he'll play well, sign a big extension, get injured, and be the same uneven player when he gets back. I really want to be wrong.

I miss House Ballard. 

Brown was very good last year. Kudos to Beane for sticking with him. I think he's going to have a solid year and I hope they can extend him at a reasonable cost. If not they will need to let him walk.  If they can extend him and Dawkins still is playing at a high level that means they can draft edge x 2 next year with two of their first 3 picks. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Shakir. I’m on record at some point saying I don’t get the hype. That he’s just a guy. I think better of him today, but I’m hoping he’s more than a JAG.

I regard him better than a JAG but his ceiling might be a very solid WR2.  I don’t see him as as the first option in an offense and can’t see him putting up the WR 1 numbers some Bills fans do

• Agree 1

Benford.  I like him but to me he has always been a "good for a 6th round pick guy" and it seems we are counting on him to be flat out good. He seems like a spot starter, high quality backup kind of player...like Dane Jackson...but is he a good starting corner?  Not sure.  It will help if Douglas continues to play the way he did last year and Elam follows through on the way he looked in OTAs.  I just worry that we will need to count on him to be a #2 or even #1 corner and I'm not sure he's that.

• Disagree 1

I’m hope I’m half wrong half right.

Right about Allen’s talent level, effort while he is on the field and ability to improvise.

Wrong about his lack of preparedness for periodic games like NYJ1, Jax, NYG, Den, NE1.  Wrong about his sensitivity when pushed by type A’s like Diggs and Morse.  Wrong about his acceptance of losing.

I also hope I’m wrong about Von Miller but that’s unlikely.  He’s cruising, burning money and focused on his next career as a GM.

• Eyeroll 1