Name one player you hope you are wrong about...

Ethan in Cleveland

For me I'm going to go with A.J. Epenesa. 

I've been down on him since he was drafted. Last year however he finally seemed to have the body size you want in a modern 4-3 DE. He made more plays last year than he did the first 3 combined. 

If he can go from 4-6 sacks to 8-10 that would go a long way to taking pressure off Miller and Rousseau.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

One player I hope all the rest of you are wrong about is Tyler Bass. I still think he will get back to form, but it sure feels like a lot of folks here have already given up on him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Von Miller. I want to be wrong about Von Miller.

Tyler Bass is my runner-up for this question. I didn't select him because just as he snapped out of being good, he might snap back into being good. Kickers are weird head cases that way.

Von Miller's knee might be an irrecoverable reality--Tyler Bass's brain may not be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Von Miller.  I think a lot of people - including Bills brass - expect this resurgent year.  

I don't.  I think you'll get a season that a 35 year old player, with 173 games on the body can provide.  He'll give it his all, but there's a limit.  The battery will wear down quickly.  His season stats will be front loaded into September-October.

I want to be completely wrong on this opinion.  I think this is his last season playing football, and I'd like to see him go out with 10+ sacks.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am hoping Keon Coleman speeds up and runs a 4.3 forty

We should just have him run a 35 yard dash and that problem is solved. 

Coleman probably concerns me the most, but I am strangely intrigued by his body control. Is that enough? Hard to say, but his rout running is easier to improve than his speed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Von Miller.  I think a lot of people - including Bills brass - expect this resurgent year.  

I don't.  I think you'll get a season that a 35 year old player, with 173 games on the body can provide.  He'll give it his all, but there's a limit.  The battery will wear down quickly.  His season stats will be front loaded into September-October.

I want to be completely wrong on this opinion.  I think this is his last season playing football, and I'd like to see him go out with 10+ sacks.  

I hope his good stuff is saved for the playoffs. Pace the old guy thru the regular season. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

One player I hope all the rest of you are wrong about is Tyler Bass. I still think he will get back to form, but it sure feels like a lot of folks here have already given up on him.

Good choice.  He made some big kicks. I went back and watched the NY Giants game. He had two chances from ling range to put the game away and missed wide right both times.  A bit of foreshadowing.  He has the leg. Hope he starts to be more consistent.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Dawson Knox.

There was a question before last season: which player will have a breakout season in 2023?

I said Knox.

I was wrong.

That contract has turned into a liability.

One of my favorite players on the team.  Even I lost faith in him after the drop that could have sealed the Giants game.   He did have a wrist injury but was not much of a factor after coming back. Really hope he comes back strong with a 40-50 catch season.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

One of my favorite players on the team.  Even I lost faith in him after the drop that could have sealed the Giants game.   He did have a wrist injury but was not much of a factor after coming back. Really hope he comes back strong with a 40-50 catch season.  

Exactly.

I'm not ready to write him off yet, but sooner or later that potential has to turn into actual production.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I'm voting Tyler Bass also. It's going to be brutal if he reverts back to being inconsistent . What we need is consistent performance and PLEASE Tyler bring it in 2024

Yeah with less big plays from the offense the kicking game is going to be critical.   Bass could turn this season into a disaster of late game losses if he doesn't re-discover his early form.

The only thing I'd say there though is that you can find somebody off the street to kick and they could get hot.

At key positions QB/Edge/LT/WR.........if you find out you over-estimated their ability you aren't finding quality at those positions on the unemployment line in October/November.

So I will say Keon Coleman but it applies to guys like MVS or Clayfool (who both looked totally washed last year) as well.  

• Like (+1) 2

Last year I would have said Gabe Davis. This year, I hope I'm wrong about Spencer Brown. He's had some good stretches here and there, but on balance he's been a liability (or injured) since he arrived. The pessimist in me says he'll play well, sign a big extension, get injured, and be the same uneven player when he gets back. I really want to be wrong.

I miss House Ballard. 

• Like (+1) 2