What's your favorite movie about high school life?

I watched Fast times at Ridgemont High last night for the first time in awhile and it still holds up so well after all these years!  To me that's the gold standard as far as the high school romps go.  I could probably flip a coin between that and Dazed and Confused.  It's a genre that's been beaten to death with movies from all different decades and era's so lots to choose from.  Curious to see what other people think

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

in honor of my daughter I choose the original Carrie with Sissy Spacek

lol Lord have mercy

Mine would be Pretty in Pink because I identified with Molly Ringwalds character being a creative 

Hard to top Fast Times.

I wouldn't call this my favorite but Can't Hardly Wait was pretty good. Watched it recently with my son who graduated on Friday.

A great B movie was Rock 'n Roll High School.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My Bodyguard/3 o clock high

They both dealt with a similar theme but 3 O Clock High had a lot more a comedic touch too it.  

Night Of The Comet gets a nod for underrated high school sort of flick 

Edited by Another Fan

The Last American Virgin - The first hour is your typical 80s, horny teenager movie, but then it takes a serious turn in act 3. The final scene is unforgettable... brutally realistic. Valuable lessons to be learned from watching this movie. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not necessarily representing my high school experience in the late 90s, but Superbad is a hilarious movie about high school life.  

Yeah Superbad was a little after my high school years but still a great one, probably the last true great high school movie made 

1 hour ago, Bills4everNY said:

The Last American Virgin - The first hour is your typical 80s, horny teenager movie, but then it takes a serious turn in act 3. The final scene is unforgettable... brutally realistic. Valuable lessons to be learned from watching this movie. 

I want to see this one but can't find it anywhere, usually you can find most movies available on Amazon Prime even if you have to pay a few bucks for some of them but it's not even on there 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I watched Fast times at Ridgemont High last night for the first time in awhile and it still holds up so well after all these years!  To me that's the gold standard as far as the high school romps go.  I could probably flip a coin between that and Dazed and Confused.  It's a genre that's been beaten to death with movies from all different decades and era's so lots to choose from.  Curious to see what other people think

That and The Breakfast Club.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd say Dazed & Confused.  Fast Times came out almost WHEN I was in HS, so I just took it as that's how things were.  Dazed didn't come out til over a decade later so I didn't see it til I was in my 30s (& I don't think I was very familiar w/ it til MUCH later) so it gives me more a sense of "yeah, that's what HS was like".  The John Hughes movies I very much enjoyed but I saw them in my college years, so although they were relatable, they didn't hit home as much as Dazed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.