Joe Biden to evaluate the future of his campaign this weekend

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh geez, now cult like behavior involves partnering with 85 million democrats.  

So everyone was wrong when they said the Dems wanted Trump (not DeSantis, not Haley, not whomever) to win the nomination?

I'm just stating the obvious.

Generic Dem right now > Biden.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I'm only on this political MB.  I'd like to believe everyone who posts here is not a bot.

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m not really all that concerned about the figureheads, though I early on I was hoping Trump wouldn’t run.  I like substantially more of his messaging than I do that of the democrat party, and recall the pre-COVID days when Trump appeared a shoo-in for re-election.  Still, I don’t like chaos, and Trump’s style coupled with media manipulation that is more clear, more obvious, and more ignored by dem voters everyday, and my thought was he would be effective from the sidelines.  Then…the liberal team turned hard into the authoritarian regime they were supposedly against, classified material was suddenly judged on a sliding scale, and novel cases were all the rage.  That’s today’s modern democrat party.  Maybe a replacement with a moderate democrat would change that, but I don’t think so.  We’ll see I guess. 

Just remember the wisdom your old pal Leh-n shared—these guys will come and go just like Reagan, Clinton, Carter, Bush, LBJ and all the way back to Geo W.  The behavior of the corporate press doesn’t change unless it’s rejected and citizens demand more.  

Oh geez, now cult like behavior involves partnering with 85 million democrats.  

Forget the chaos angle with Trump.  The Dems will do the same no matter who the Republican President is.  Remember what they did to Romney (who many Dems now don't dislike because he hates Trump)?  What about DeSantis when it looked like he was going to be the nominee, saying "he's not Trump, but here's why he could be worse"?  Chaos is going to happen regardless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

That’s the difference right now between D and R. Dems can think for themselves and come to an independent conclusion.

MAGA is a cult…and you are in it.

Dems are dumbest fvvcks on this planet who have ZERO critical thinking skills. FACT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So everyone was wrong when they said the Dems wanted Trump (not DeSantis, not Haley, not whomever) to win the nomination?

I'm just stating the obvious.

Generic Dem right now > Biden.

“Everyone”?  No, I didn’t think the typical member of the Bidensta convergence wanted Trump, they fear the end of the world as we know it.  

I definitely think the typical R voter wants Biden to continue, it reflects a display of unity and the first step to healing old wounds.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Dems are dumbest fvvcks on this planet who have ZERO critical thinking skills. FACT.

Thats because they are usually governed by the “feminine” spirit (or temperament) which is rooted in emotion…

They are good at empathizing, and identifying problems, but poor at solving them…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm only on this political MB.  I'd like to believe everyone who posts here is not a bot.

Forget the chaos angle with Trump.  The Dems will do the same no matter who the Republican President is.  Remember what they did to Romney (who many Dems now don't dislike because he hates Trump)?  What about DeSantis when it looked like he was going to be the nominee, saying "he's not Trump, but here's why he could be worse"?  Chaos is going to happen regardless.

Yes, I understand that perspective.  The modern liberal voter feigns outrage at claims of stolen elections while supporting claims of illegitimate elections.   I was more speaking about Trumps penchant for making frequent changes in his admin, and the inevitable backlash from people who were dismissed, followed by media spin about it.  My reality is simply that I’m not a chaos guy.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. That was shameful.

I voted for him. If only the Republican Party hadn't surrendered to Trumpism a mere 4 years later we'd be in a different world today.

Romney ultimately is a weak leader politically (though hugely successful in the business world) and allowed himself to be neutered on an international scale.  Liberals and Dems supported that, and here’s the thing:  it worked spectacularly well.   Consider W Bush—accused of fabricating intelligence and sending you American soldiers to fight and die in a desert on the other side of the world—not to mention hundreds of thousands of people who lived there. 

Meanwhile, post election, he, Laura, Barrack and Michelle are fast friends.  The Obama kids call him Gampy.  

It always amazes me when people are surprised that “shameful” behavior that works so well is modeled and in some cases, super-sized.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Romney ultimately is a weak leader politically (though hugely successful in the business world) and allowed himself to be neutered on an international scale.  Liberals and Dems supported that, and here’s the thing:  it worked spectacularly well.   Consider W Bush—accused of fabricating intelligence and sending you American soldiers to fight and die in a desert on the other side of the world—not to mention hundreds of thousands of people who lived there. 

Meanwhile, post election, he, Laura, Barrack and Michelle are fast friends.  The Obama kids call him Gampy.  

It always amazes me when people are surprised that “shameful” behavior that works so well is modeled and in some cases, super-sized.  

Oh, you're right. And it's the classic "both sides." What the Bush 43 campaign did to Kerry ("Swiftboating") counts too, even though Kerry did no doubt embellish. He still did serve in Vietnam which is more than GWB did.

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. That was shameful.

I voted for him. If only the Republican Party hadn't surrendered to Trumpism a mere 4 years later we'd be in a different world today.

Trump is a means to an end.  Like Biden is for many.  The point being Dems were and are going to do what they did to Trump to any Republican POTUS.

31 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yes, I understand that perspective.  The modern liberal voter feigns outrage at claims of stolen elections while supporting claims of illegitimate elections.   I was more speaking about Trumps penchant for making frequent changes in his admin, and the inevitable backlash from people who were dismissed, followed by media spin about it.  My reality is simply that I’m not a chaos guy.  

I'd rather he fire people than keep incompetents like Biden has done, just so he can say "look, my Admin isn't as chaotic as the previous one!"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is the sentiment I’ve seen all over social media.  People who have lived under Newsom’s control have the most energy I’ve ever seen in hating someone in politics, this side of Trump. 

Michael Rappaport goes even further but it’s a bit too explicit to be sharing here. 

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump is a means to an end.  Like Biden is for many.  The point being Dems were and are going to do what they did to Trump to any Republican POTUS.

I'd rather he fire people than keep incompetents like Biden has done, just so he can say "look, my Admin isn't as chaotic as the previous one!"

This was (to me at least) the most effective argument Trump made on Thursday. I say "argument" meaning "reasoned criticism" here, not just unfounded assertions.

He stated, correctly, that Biden fired no one, held no one accountable for the fiasco that was the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Trump is quite correctly criticized for firing people willy-nilly, but there is also a fair point that never firing anyone, no matter how bad they botched something, also shows poor management skills.

Just now, SCBills said:

This is the sentiment I’ve seen all over social media.  People who have lived under Newsom’s control have the most energy I’ve ever seen in hating someone in politics, this side of Trump. 

Michael Rappaport goes even further but it’s a bit too explicit to be sharing here. 

I really don't like Newsome, but he would have put up a fight and called Trump out on some really out-there claims. His little mock debate (the first debate of the 2028 cycle?) with Ron DeSantis was pretty entertaining with both men showing good sparring skills.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This was (to me at least) the most effective argument Trump made on Thursday. I say "argument" meaning "reasoned criticism" here, not just unfounded assertions.

He stated, correctly, that Biden fired no one, held no one accountable for the fiasco that was the Afghanistan withdrawal.

This is pretty clear evidence that Biden isn't in charge of his own administration.  It probably also explains the general mediocrity or worse of Biden's cabinet; Biden either won't or more likely can't call them out on their weak performances and mistakes.  Any competent administrator would have fired the Homeland Secretary Mayorkas years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Trump is quite correctly criticized for firing people willy-nilly, but there is also a fair point that never firing anyone, no matter how bad they botched something, also shows poor management skills.

Yup.  I was going to mention that Trump talked about it during the debate.  He actually touched-upon many things I think he should have.

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

This is pretty clear evidence that Biden isn't in charge of his own administration.  It probably also explains the general mediocrity or worse of Biden's cabinet; Biden either won't or more likely can't call them out on their weak performances and mistakes.  Any competent administrator would have fired the Homeland Secretary Mayorkas years ago. 

Agree except for Mayorkas.  He's just a puppet doing the bidding of whoever is in charge of the administration.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

This and his condition were obvious to many here some time ago. But people around the President insisted he was as "sharp as a tack" and any criticisms were based on conspiracies, misinformation, and uninformed conclusions. What they mean is until our experts confirm the President's declining mental condition do not trust your own eyes to see or your ears to hear the truth. Now they're ready to dump old Joe not because he's in decline, but rather because it's so obvious now their lies are also obvious. They're exposed as liars, risk more criticism, and fear the scheme behind this, the fake President, could be exposed along with their role in it all. The important thing to them isn't that he can't do the job but rather their hold on power is threatened by reality. So now it might be time to go to the bull pen. I for one want them held to account for their lies but you know how the system protects the guilty as long as they're part of the system. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I really don't like Newsome, but he would have put up a fight and called Trump out on some really out-there claims. His little mock debate (the first debate of the 2028 cycle?) with Ron DeSantis was pretty entertaining with both men showing good sparring skills.

Oh, he’s skilled politically.  

Presents himself well, is polished, stands for nothing and will say anything. 

46 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

This is pretty clear evidence that Biden isn't in charge of his own administration.

Many, including the dems that frequent this board, are perfectly ok with this. They don’t care who is in charge, either elected or unelected, so long as it isn’t Orange Man. Because democracy is in peril and dictatorship is inevitable or some such bullsh*t. 

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

He is not saying JB is better…he is saying DT is just as unqualified to be POTUS….for different reasons.

Which is correct.

As human beings I want nothing to do with either but one was a good president and put Americans first, one put Ukraine and the rest of the world first, so one I will vote for in November.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, you're right. And it's the classic "both sides." What the Bush 43 campaign did to Kerry ("Swiftboating") counts too, even though Kerry did no doubt embellish. He still did serve in Vietnam which is more than GWB did.

Bush served in the National Guard.

Bad idea to suggest that that service is not as good as Kerry's.

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Dems don’t believe in merit…Most hires are DEI hires, or to fill quotas…So they don’t believe in firing someone based on incompetence…They simply want a warm body that adheres to “the agenda”…