Biden Will Be Replaced -- Any Decent Candidate Will Beat Trump...Again

6 minutes ago, Lost said:

Not a very democratic way of doing things then is it if the delegates can just decide to promote whoever they please, disregarding the will of the people.   That's also assuming Biden were to drop out on his own free will, not being forced out.  

Biden and Trump are about to have a lot in common, where those that pull the strings behind the scenes, will just try and take you out if you pose any threat to their power.   

Yup.  Such a party of democracy.  Keep Biden in the race and decide at the DNC.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Here’s what I don’t understand about the whole matter - how on God’s green earth could FRANKISH have typed out “I think he’s mentally fit now” just four weeks ago and actually hit the submit reply button? Anyone?

Haha.

I do think he's mentally fit to do the job now. I am having more doubts than even before about his fitness in a year, or two, or more. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Such a party of democracy.  Keep Biden in the race and decide at the DNC.

Why does this bother you so?

When Access Hollywood broke, there were Republicans talking about replacing Trump on the ballot just weeks before the 2020 election. That all came out in the hush money trial. It's not like this is the first time a political party has talked about (or actually accomplished) switching horses in midstream.

I have to assume the only reason people are upset is that they want to run against what they assume is the weakest Dem candidate. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Haha.

I do think he's mentally fit to do the job now. 

Honestly, no offense, but you should apply for endangered species status.

Almost nobody who's honest shares that view.

Every day it gets worse and worse.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I do think he's mentally fit to do the job now.

Oh my. I’m so sorry! 

This is similar to your classic take that Top Gun 2 was a “woke” movie. Not a joke, you are literally the only person on the planet to hold this opinion. I guess I shouldn’t…anyway…

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why does this bother you so?

When Access Hollywood broke, there were Republicans talking about replacing Trump on the ballot just weeks before the 2020 election. That all came out in the hush money trial. It's not like this is the first time a political party has talked about (or actually accomplished) switching horses in midstream.

I have to assume the only reason people are upset is that they want to run against what they assume is the weakest Dem candidate. 

Who?  Ann Coulter?  Bill Kristol?

And they all knew Biden was senile years ago.  They hid it, with help from the MSM, hoping to drag him over the finish line.  Now they've been caught and are lying about not knowing.  It's the hypocrisy about "saving democracy."

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The big question is what happens if he drops out?  If he says it's because he can't win, then the obvious question is why?  If it's because of his mental health, then they have to invoke the 25th.  If they say it's because the policies have not worked, then he wipes out the entire Democrat party down to the dog catcher level.  They are totally screwed.  Self-inflicted wounds.  

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who?  Ann Coulter?  Bill Kristol?

From the Wiki page on the Access Hollywood tape:

Calls to drop campaign

By October 8, several dozen Republicans had called for Trump to withdraw from the campaign and let his VP running mate, Mike Pence, take over the Republican ticket.[76][77][78] Among those favoring a Pence takeover were former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr., U.S. Senators Dan Sullivan of Alaska, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Deb Fischer of Nebraska, and U.S. Representatives Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Bradley Byrne of Alabama, Rodney Davis of Illinois, and Ann Wagner of Missouri.[78][60]

Just now, Irv said:

The big question is what happens if he drops out?  If he says it's because he can't win, then the obvious question is why?  If it's because of his mental health, then they have to invoke the 25th.  If they say it's because the policies have not worked, then he wipes out the entire Democrat party down to the dog catcher level.  They are totally screwed.  Self-inflicted wounds.  

The Repubs won't save them with the 25th. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The Repubs won't save them with the 25th. 

You think the GOP members would vote no on the 25th?  Hmmm.  Never thought of that.  

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

From the Wiki page on the Access Hollywood tape:

Calls to drop campaign

By October 8, several dozen Republicans had called for Trump to withdraw from the campaign and let his VP running mate, Mike Pence, take over the Republican ticket.[76][77][78] Among those favoring a Pence takeover were former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr., U.S. Senators Dan Sullivan of Alaska, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Deb Fischer of Nebraska, and U.S. Representatives Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Bradley Byrne of Alabama, Rodney Davis of Illinois, and Ann Wagner of Missouri.[78][60]

Oh, you meant 2016.  And not the same thing. 

Just now, Irv said:

You think the GOP members would vote no on the 25th?  Hmmm.  Never thought of that.  

Depends on whether Biden disputes it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The dude behind the curtain wants him out 

Just as Trump - even after the election loss - remained the clear leader of the Republican Party, so has Obama remained the clear leader of the Democratic Party. 

Unless he quickly and publicly disavows this story, it will be the final nail in the Biden reelection campaign coffin.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Oh, you meant 2016.  And not the same thing. 

Depends on whether Biden disputes it.

I did mean 2016. When a guy is the nominee 3 election cycles in a row, it gets a little confusing ....

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Just as Trump - even after the election loss - remained the clear leader of the Republican Party, so has Obama remained the clear leader of the Democratic Party. 

Unless he quickly and publicly disavows this story, it will be the final nail in the Biden reelection campaign coffin.

I did mean 2016. When a guy is the nominee 3 election cycles in a row, it gets a little confusing ....

In light of your belief that Joe is mentally fit now, why do you think he’s struggling so badly with the power players of your party? What do they see, if anything, that eludes you?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

In light of your belief that Joe is mentally fit now, why do you think he’s struggling so badly with the power players of your party? What do they see, if anything, that eludes you?

Because he's losing.

As I've said, he's been an effective Democratic president. Even if you disagree with his policy agenda (and I disagree with about half of it, maybe more), he has been successful in getting it implemented despite having a Republican House since 2022 and an extremely slim Senate majority. 

Whitmer or Shapiro or Newsome ain’t solving this problem.  

It will be Harris/Moore.  Identity politics is all they know.  

As voted by the people.

No more need for primaries or election season.  Just vote for people we don’t know bc your betters told you to.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

No more need for primaries or election season.

Good riddance.

With our system, we got Trump in 2016 because half a dozen other competitors split the 60+% of the Republican vote that didn't go for Trump.

With our system, we got Biden in 2020 for much the same reason.

The modern Primary system was a response to the whole 1968 Chicago Democratic Convention riots and all the talk of the smoke-filled room poohbahs thwarting the will of the (young) Democrats. Since then we've discovered that a pure primary system is a neat way to make sure that your nominee is a candidate that the majority of your electorate doesn't actually want or like, and it is the nature of our primary system to reward candidates who are toward the far right or far left. 

It's high time to rethink how we've been doing things.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1