Biden Will Be Replaced -- Any Decent Candidate Will Beat Trump...Again

17 hours ago, daz28 said:

We need to stop thinking in terms of Biden and trump with this decision, because it may stand for a long time, and if/when someone does decide to use that power, it will be far too late for the SCOTUS to do anything about it.  They literally made a bed that all of us, including them, have to lay in, and pray that it doesn't happen.  That's NOT how a country of law and order/checks and balances operates.  Kavanaugh should be forced to answer why his stance, that even a few years ago, he felt that a president wasn't above the law, even concerning matters of military and defense.  What changed, Brett?  Do we not deserve to know the answer to that?  If he says lawfare, then he just admitted he has zero faith in the justice system, that he is at the top of.  

No, we need to focus on what's in front of us, today.  Looking too far into the future would have us not recognizing the extreme rhetoric and calls for violence by agitators on the left.  

Kavanaugh should not be 'forced to answer' for anything beyond what he states in his opinions.  Though, personally, I'd think he's probably pretty ******* jaded after that democrat party en masse attempted to destroy him with unproven, unprovable very specious claims about his character.  Maybe he was on the fence, remembered what they did, and thought "Ah..f it.". 

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Because of Parkinson’s which is usually slowly progressive and intermittent and was wrongly hidden from citizens. 

We knew..................................

• Thank you (+1) 1

Genius! Great idea. A big moment with the country watching, as the Democrats debate and vote on who will lead the ticket. I love the idea 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/06/28/democrats-should-welcome-convention-floor-fight-chicago/

Let me, however, state what should be regrettably obvious: Nothing about our society looks like it did in 1968. Parties, like all big institutions in American life, are losing their currency. Nominating conventions barely register on the public radar these days, for the few hours that anyone bothers to televise them while the rest of America is at the lake or the beach. We skim right over the dull choreography of the modern convention; it is the junk mail of prime-time programming.

Unscripted TV, on the other hand, is now the closest thing we have to a culturally shared experience, outside of the Super Bowl. What is the genesis of Trump, if not a national thirst for unscripted entertainment? He represents the triumph of personality over party, a creation not of politics, but of everything that is impolitic and impolite.

If Biden were to accept reality and step aside, for once, Democrats would have a genuine opportunity to match Trump’s theatrical dominance. What better way to recast yourself with the electorate than through a gripping, episodic fight for leadership? What could draw more people into politics than a must-watch nightly drama, with the fate of the nation at stake? I have to believe that Trump — a modern-day P.T. Barnum who feeds off the boring artifice of his adversaries — fears that spectacle more than anything.

And in a political age in which familiarity breeds distrust, what could be more advantageous than choosing a nominee — preferably one from outside Washington — with only two months to campaign? Imagine the explosion of interest that would surround some fresh, non-octogenarian — Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsom, Gina Raimondo, Josh Shapiro — during a 10-week barnstorming tour. How’s Trump going to handle that?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

We knew..................................

I don't know if President Biden has Parkinson's or something else but it's been obvious a while to those paying attention he's got cognitive issues.

I said in 2016 he wasn't all there and he wasn't and definitely isn't now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1