Biden Will Be Replaced -- Any Decent Candidate Will Beat Trump...Again

He has not been formally nominated yet.

I get most presidents do badly in first debate, Reagan, Bush, Bush again, Obama and Trump, but Biden needed to deliver here, and though I did not watch, it looks like he didn't

At the Convention they can pick someone else.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He has not been formally nominated yet.

I get most presidents do badly in first debate, Reagan, Bush, Bush again, Obama and Trump, but Biden needed to deliver here, and though I did not watch, it looks like he didn't

At the Convention they can pick someone else.

Are you ok? This can’t be easy on you. All my best. 

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not too late, but they need to figure out how to handle the Kamala situation. 

Bypassing her for someone like Newsom, Whitmer etc., is going to be hard to sell to their black voting base, specifically black women - who might be the most militantly strong voting group in all of politics. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Are you ok? This can’t be easy on you. All my best. 

@Tiberius has heard rumors that JB simply didn’t  “deliver”, like when the pizza guy just shows up a house or two over.  

Not sure where he heard this as it seems he lives in a cave near Tallahassee without internet, tv, newspapers, or people wandering by talking about what actually happened last night.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not too late, but they need to figure out how to handle the Kamala situation. 

Bypassing her for someone like Newsom, Whitmer etc., is going to be hard to sell to their black voting base, specifically black women - who might be the most militantly strong voting group in all of politics. 

No, they just want to win, like the rest of us. It would be a smart move to keep her on the ticket, though. Continuity and all.

Nothing will happen if Biden doesn't want to leave, though. Taking the soup spoon away from an old man in public won't look good to anyone

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@Tiberius has heard rumors that JB simply didn’t  “deliver”, like when the pizza guy just shows up a house or two over.  

Not sure where he heard this as it seems he lives in a cave near Tallahassee without internet, tv, newspapers, or people wandering by talking about what actually happened last night.  

Too busy being out last night getting drunk, ok?

I've been seeing that Joe can't be replaced ballot-wise in Wisconsin.

A swap would effectively remove the D's from the presidential ballot. So it would be write-in only there.

They have until 5pm local time, today, in Nevada to make a change. With the exception being if they declare him to be mentally incompetent  at a future date 

(good luck with that, because then you automatically get Kamala.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, they just want to win, like the rest of us. It would be a smart move to keep her on the ticket, though. Continuity and all.

Nothing will happen if Biden doesn't want to leave, though. Taking the soup spoon away from an old man in public won't look good to anyone

Many of them will expect Kamala to be in consideration for the nominee, and if she isn’t, and it’s another white person, that’s going to be a problem.

Not for all of them, but in a closely divided nation with swing states decided by tens of thousands of votes, they absolutely risk some black women staying home and black men furthering their migration to the right.

Dems need 90% of the black vote to win elections.   They can’t win with 75-80% and/or low black turnout. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Many of them will expect Kamala to be in consideration for the nominee, and if she isn’t, and it’s another white person, that’s going to be a problem.

Not for all of them, but in a closely divided nation with swing states decided by tens of thousands of votes, they absolutely risk some black women staying home and black men further their migration to the right.

Dems need 90% of the black vote to win elections.   They can’t win with 75-80%. 

Problem is Kamala is a former cop. That’s hurt her in Black vote and among progressives 

That's why this debate needed to happen.

For the American people, but even more for the Democratic party.

The people out there denying Biden is gone-zo behind the eyes have now seen first hand... He's just as described by prosecution in the classified docs case, "an elderly man with a poor memory"

As described by the BBC "the two looked 30 years apart [in age]"

But more than anything the Democratic party needed a reason to go DEFCON 1 and convince either 1. Biden to step down, or 2. Congress to 25th amendment him.

Tiberius, the only issue with this is that the people are supposed to decide the candidate. Biden won the primary. He got the votes. At best, this is the party doing a disservice to the country by letting a cripple run, and at worst this is a deliberate plan to let the DNC choose the candidate as opposed to the voters. 

And the dem party has a recent history of contempt and distrust for their voters. Just see the Hillary/sanders situation where DNC basically fixed that primary. 

--

And then the even bigger problem of trump, who was pretty objectively a better president by nearly every metric... But is now just replaying his greatest hits album and is so hated that he won't be able to get anything done.

This debate was "won" by trump in a landslide, but nearly everyone loses. The GOP loses, the Dems lose, the American people lose.

All I can say is BOOOOOOOOOO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not for all of them, but in a closely divided nation with swing states decided by tens of thousands of votes, they absolutely risk some black women staying home and black men furthering their migration to the right.

Dems need 90% of the black vote to win elections.   They can’t win with 75-80% and/or low black turnout. 

I don't deny this will be easy, but it's not easy going forward. Trump is still the best election vote getter for Dems, they just need to fix up their own end. I'm not worried about Democrats not showing up to vote against Trump, I think they will, even if it's for Biden, but Dems can do better.

You are right though, this could be tricky surgery

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Too busy being out last night getting drunk, ok?

There are bars near the cave?  That’s unusual.  

Just now, Roundybout said:

Doug Kass is a hedge fund manager, not a journalist, so how is he getting this info?

Journalists don’t fund campaigns. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Biden just lets a random donor into top-secret conversations?

If the money guys pull their funding, he’s out.  So, essentially, yes.  They absolutely are in the “circle” when it comes to this stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If the money guys pull their funding, he’s out.  So, essentially, yes.  They absolutely are in the “circle” when it comes to this stuff. 

Doesnt pass my sniff test but if he ends up being right I’ll happily eat crow.