Von Miller ready to prove the critics wrong

Beast

This season - his age 35 season - was my main concern when the Bills signed him to the contract they did. I understand why they did it and don’t want to rehash that. I’m very glad that Beane and Von worked out the modified contract they did. At his age and after that injury it would be a major accomplishment for him to get back to being an above average DE this season. If he’s able to do that then he deserves some real respect for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

I like that Von has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.... lets see how it translates.

That's where I'm at. We're stuck with the contract for this year so that's irrelevant. I just need production. He is free to say whatever he wants. Hopefully he's truly motivated.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

That's where I'm at. We're stuck with the contract for this year so that's irrelevant. I just need production. He is free to say whatever he wants. Hopefully he's truly motivated.

Exactly as long as he is one of ours, I hope he comes out pi$$ed and takes no prisoners... we shall see... he has to make it thru training camp first.

Love to hear this from Von!!! Exciting to hear. Here is the full quote.

“My biggest individual goal is just getting back to playing my style of football. It’s crazy how you get injured, and you come back, and you really shouldn’t have even been playing, and people judge you by a product on the field. I could have easily sat out all of last season, but I couldn’t do my teammates like that. I felt like being later in my career, I didn’t want to sacrifice any of my years. But at the same time, I shouldn’t have been out there.”

“I feel like people are judging me on that, so it’s making me a little bit angry, to be honest. It’s making me tap into a Von that I haven’t been in a while. I just want to get back to playing my style of football. Get back to talking s***, f****** making sacks, dancing, and making plays for my teammates. That’s been my whole mindset this offseason.”

“The biggest team goal is bringing the first Super Bowl to Buffalo. Everyone feels like they deserve it, and they work hard, but Buffalo Bills fans and Western New York they deserve it, man. They do so much for our community and our football team. Josh Allen is an amazing player and person - he is one of the most amazing people that I have ever been around in my life. These guys deserve it, and I’m going to do everything in my power to give it to them.”

Edited by wppete

I posted this before and it was deleted for some reason.

I expect nothing from him and hope the team does not either.  Anything they get from him is a bonus.  They just have to keep him around to finish out his contract.

Old former elite players always have a lot to say in the summer.  I honestly won't be shocked if he is released at some point late in the season.

having said all that I am hoping for a miracle and he has a ton of pressures and like 8 to 10 sacks.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I posted this before and it was deleted for some reason.

I expect nothing from him and hope the team does not either.  Anything they get from him is a bonus.  They just have to keep him around to finish out his contract.

Old former elite players always have a lot to say in the summer.  I honestly won't be shocked if he is released at some point late in the season.

having said all that I am hoping for a miracle and he has a ton of pressures and like 8 to 10 sacks.

We’d be over the cap if we released him during the season due to the dead cap number, no relief until after the season. We have to hope on a miracle that he returns to being at least a serviceable player or McDermott has the balls to bench him all year.

On 7/2/2024 at 9:25 AM, JP51 said:

I like that Von has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.... lets see how it translates.

His in season nick name will be the “Vonster”

God I hate stupid nick names lol, 😂🍸🚬

• Haha (+1) 1