Von Miller ready to prove the critics wrong

Beast

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Enough talk.  Let's see him put up.  

Let the play do the talking.  No one wants to hear it.  

Besides, he and AJE share the position, right, ... let the youngster play.  

Athletes do interviews.  

and AJ will play plenty- von lines up on both sides- they can play at the same time

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

"The talkin" as you say, is just each players confidence/bravado...you have to be able to let that go.  What matters is the output on the field.  Both Von and Tre needed more time than 1 year to get back on track.  Just because Von was confident, and Tre by all accounts didn't talk because he really took the injury hard mentally/almost depression at first, doesn't matter either way. 

Everyone handles adversity differently, from a mental and physical stand point.  Von chose to be optimistic and his "talkin" is part of that inner drive/confidence.  It's real, not fake attitude, and just his way of going about his business and what he believed he could do to help his team LY.

Von is guilty of getting certain fans' hopes up for LY.  You can choose to believe every word Von, Beane, Coach, Josh, anyone on this team says, but the reality is these guys have certain ways of dealing with media based on their personalities, and everyone should use some common sense as well.  Josh saying he was fine after his elbow injury in 2022 was an example of his true 'tough' attitude/grit, he isn't going to admit he's severely injured.  And that's just another thing that makes Josh a great teammate and player in my eyes...in this day and age where some would rather spew excuses.   

All that matters is what version of Von shows up this year.  2022/close to 2022 Von OR a washed up player who got their end of career derailed by a bad injury. My money is on the former, and we will get a solid preview in about a month.

I don't need to let a thing go....

You made a point that Von didn't deserve the hate he got for LY.  I get your point about the confidence/bravado just being part of who Von is. 

But at the same time, when a guy goes public with it, he's got to know that fans will keep receipts if his mouth makes a promise that his body can't keep.

I don't blame Von for tallking, but my point is he drew the reaction with his own actions (getting out there and talking)

Edited by Beck Water

14 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Miller is so full of hot air, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Besides last year coming off a major injury, when has he not backed it up?

When he was like 8? Dudes worst stretches of pro career, are above average, and we're talking 1 season twice.... coming off injury. So 11 good years, 2 bad, in 13years. Pro.

Nasty college. Probably absolutely filthy in HS. Clown take. If you don't like him, just say that lol

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

when has he not backed it up?

He's probably talking about when he said he'll be back in the 2022 season (and wasn't). Or maybe last offseason when he said he'll be ready to go at the start of the season (and wasn't, wound up on PUP). He's a great player but you shouldn't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth.

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Besides last year coming off a major injury, when has he not backed it up?

When he was like 8? Dudes worst stretches of pro career, are above average, and we're talking 1 season twice.... coming off injury. So 11 good years, 2 bad, in 13years. Pro.

Nasty college. Probably absolutely filthy in HS. Clown take. If you don't like him, just say that lol

It’s not just about his performance. He’s just the kind of guy that talks nonstop. About players coming here, team success, his personal success, etc. Hence, he’s full of hot air.

15 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Von, but forcing yourself back way too early actively hurt your teammates. We would've been better off stashing him on IR and using the roster spot on someone else. 

I agree.  My uneducated guess is Von and the staff may have made the mistake of believing past performance equals future results.  He tore his ACL in December of 2013 and started the 2014 season nine months later and had 14 sacks that year (2nd team All Pro).  This tear seemed to be more serious though and all the positive thinking in the world doesn't mean your body doesn't have ten more years of wear and tear on it.  Even a 75% Von Miller is better than an AJ Epenesa though so let's hope he can at least be much better than last year to go along with Rousseau on obvious passing downs.  I have my doubts but it would be a pleasant surprise.

41 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s not just about his performance. He’s just the kind of guy that talks nonstop. About players coming here, team success, his personal success, etc. Hence, he’s full of hot air.

I prefer that to cryptic twitter tweets.  LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1