Close your eyes McDermott haters…he’s a top 10 HC

DJB

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So, when our O doesn’t puke on itself, who’s fault is it.

Does the guy ever have to take responsibility for anything?

He is the head coach. 
Every coach who ever lost in the playoffs can make excuses…. But they are still excuses for losing.

Yes. Of course he has to take responsibility. But 31 coaches lose every year. You have to work out how much that ultimately rests on coaching in each case. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just hope he stays away from play calling and gets outta the way, he’s a great defensive mind but he’s proven to be outmatched come the playoffs.

When you have the most physically gifted QB of all time and one of the 3 best players in the league and you find yourself 10th on any HC list, it’s time to go. I believe they can win it all with him as HC, as long as he’s not calling the plays in the postseason and stays outta the way.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Seriously, I know you are an educated man, but I think you are blinded by emotion; we are a perrenial playoff team!!!! 

I just asked if winning the division last year was easy? The poster said McD wins the division every year easily. How is that blinded by emotion? 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is there any chance a player ever makes a great play on a bad play call.   Or does every successful play accrue credit to the coach, but unsuccessful plays are often player execution issues? 

Yes. Players make great plays on bad calls too. And they make terrible plays on good calls. You have to watch the tape and try and separate one from the other. That is my entire point on this. Coaching is about more than end result. Sometimes as a coach (and I have been paid to do it in another sport) you walk off a field and think I got everything wrong today and got the right result. And sometimes you walk off a field and go I got everything right and lost. That is the beauty of sport. The best coach doesn't always win. The best team doesn't always win. There are sufficient variables to make it unpredictable. That is why people love it.

• Haha (+1) 1

McDermott blows.

Giving McDermott credit for this teams success would be like giving the rooster the credit for the sun coming up.

All along it was Josh not McDermott 

McDermott was just too busy riding Josh's coat tails

I'm very sorry 

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The defense didn't get carved up. The offense could not play.

Here are Houston's drives in the 1st half

Punt

Punt

Punt

Here are their drives in the 2nd half

Punt

Punt

TD

FG (off TO)

TD

Things that aren’t true, the post.

Houston did not score 24 points.

Houston did not score on their last 4 possessions.

You know this stuff is easy to look up, right?

Sorry misread, 17 points on their last 4 drives…sounds like it was purely the bills offense that crapped the bed 😂 

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Sorry misread, 17 points on their last 4 drives…sounds like it was purely the bills offense that crapped the bed 😂 

As we all know, allowing 17 points when you have a 13 point lead is insurmountable for an offense to beat.

And no, it still wasn’t 17 points in their last 4 drives. You’re still misreading.

Edited by FireChans

7 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

McDermott blows.

Giving McDermott credit for this teams success would be like giving the rooster the credit for the sun coming up.

All along it was Josh not McDermott 

McDermott was just too busy riding Josh's coat tails

I'm very sorry 

Is it fair to hope you are kidding?  

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I just asked if winning the division last year was easy? The poster said McD wins the division every year easily. How is that blinded by emotion? 

Come on, be honest!

I like McDermott, and I think he's a good coach. A good leader. And I like that he's self aware enough to adapt.

But he does need to figure out how to outcoach the best coaches when it matters (playoffs).

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. Of course he has to take responsibility. But 31 coaches lose every year. You have to work out how much that ultimately rests on coaching in each case. 

Other than the Colts and Ravens playoff wins, what matchups did McDermott out coach his competition.  

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao regular season record. Sounds like a McDermott defense. 

It is

At some point everyone is going to come around to the fact that while McDermott has good qualities, hes not nearly good enough to get the bills to a championship

Some of us just got there faster than others

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Other than the Colts and Ravens playoff wins, what matchups did McDermott out coach his competition.  

I think he outcoached McDaniel by a long way in 2022. But for turnovers by offense the Bills win that going away. But sure he hasn't outcoached his opposite number in the playoffs a ton of times. But equally I don't think a ton of the losses have been coaching failure either.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Calling timeouts and erasing positive outcomes?

Not understanding calls,that guys in live game thread are calling before the play, like taking a five yard penalty to burn clock? Not squibbing the ball or taking the timeout to make sure everyone was on the same page?

Allowing your team to come out flatter than a pancake in our home game against the Bengals? 
   The head coach has to have his bleep together in the biggest moments. He has to lead the team in the biggest moments. When he continues to crap the bed in the big moments, egregiously so at times, players see it and know it.

As much as I am not condoning or happy with Diggs’ act, maybe he was one of the players who was seeing the man behind the curtain for what he was. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Hey now — McDermott’s clapping has directly impacted this team’s success exponentially more than the rooster’s call impacts the rising of the sun. 

I mean, that’s just science. 🤓 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Boy, that Colts game, I put that on Reich being an absolute bonehead on some of those calls coupled with Rivers melting down inexplicably at the end of the game. McD got lucky. I thought so in the moment and still do.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Boy, that Colts game, I put that on Reich being an absolute bonehead on some of those calls coupled with Rivers melting down inexplicably at the end of the game. McD got lucky. I thought so in the moment and still do.

I believe it was the most yards allowed in NFL playoff history in a Victory

• Like (+1) 2