Close your eyes McDermott haters…he’s a top 10 HC

DJB

Just now, FireChans said:

Describing Matty LaFleur here.

Sure, he only had a couple ACTUAL MVP years out of Rodgers, but it didn’t stop him from getting dogwalked by Niners over and over and over again. 

The bottom line is the folks who are over McDermott would’ve fired like 29 active coaches a year, and Shanny would be on the hotseat.

Asked and answered lol

Shanahan w no QB come on

And McDermott's been here plenty long enough '29 a year'😂😂

foh

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sorry, it’s not just your post but the entire thread that is forgetting what a complicated thing an NFL football team is. There are hundreds of people working to put out the best team we can. Josh is great, but the rest of the team helps a helluva lot too. The oversimplification gets out of control. 

NOPE!!!!

We have Josh, that is it. Zero over simplification. No other player on this roster strikes fear in the hearts of opposing coordinators on either side of the ball.

This one player is what keeps this whole thing going. Subtract Josh and add a middle of the pack QB and this team is not even in playoff contention half the time. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Even those of us that wanted a HC change acknowledge McDermott is by all accounts a good human being. I don't like how he treated Diggs last off-season. But none of us have the whole story about Diggs.

Other than that he has been a good leader.

He's just not a good enough HC to win a SB. That's ok if TT is your QB and your goal is to make the playoffs.  That's not good enough for a franchise with no SuperBowl wins, four SB appearances, and the best QB in franchise history.  

Perhaps you disagree, but for me and others only a SuperBowl win matters at this point. 

My opinion is well stated. 

What the McDermott supporters (apologists) will never commit to, is when is enough enough? How many years of playoff losses does he get? If he wins the division every year does that mean he keeps his job every year? When do you make a change?  The McDermott supporters said last year just get KC in Buffalo. Well it still didn't matter. 3rd straight year they didn't get past the division round. 

So again I ask, when are you ready to move on?

This apologist crap, no, we are a perrenial playoff team, you have to make the playoffs to win the SB; you are killing me!

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Asked and answered lol

Shanahan w no QB come on

And McDermott's been here plenty long enough '29 a year'😂😂

foh

Oh man, Shanny has no QB?

Could that be because he drafted Solomon Thomas at #3 in 2017 instead of taking a QB? And then pinned his hopes to Jimmy G and gave him a big market contract after like 4 games? And then traded a king’s ransom for a complete bust in Trey Lance? All his fault and his own doing. He’s had 8 years to find a QB. 

LaFleur couldn’t make it to a Super Bowl with an actual active HoF QB who won MVP twice. And we are supposed to believe he is going to win a Super Bowl ever?

put other HC’s under the same microscope you put on McD and their résumé’s wilt just as easy. If you were a Niners’ fan, Shanny’s seat would be hot. If you were a Packers fans, you’d say, “man, Jordan Love has to be BETTER than Prime MVP Rodgers to have a chance to win with this guy.”

FOH yourself lol

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

NOPE!!!!

We have Josh, that is it. Zero over simplification. No other player on this roster strikes fear in the hearts of opposing coordinators on either side of the ball.

This one player is what keeps this whole thing going. Subtract Josh and add a middle of the pack QB and this team is not even in playoff contention half the time. 

We want to believe that but I think they still win the division a couple times with an average QB. Give us Jacoby Brisset and I think McDermott wins the AFC East at least twice. I don’t think people understand how much better the Bills have been than every other team in the regular season since 2019 or 2020. It’s not really close. 

Playoffs are a different story. Allen completely carries the Bills in almost every playoff game.

Just now, FireChans said:

Could that be because he drafted Solomon Thomas at #3 in 2017 instead of taking a QB? And then pinned his hopes to Jimmy G and giving him a big market contract after like 4 games? And then traded a king’s ransom for a complete bust in Trey Lance? All his fault and his own doing. He’s had 8 years to find a QB. 

LaFleur couldn’t make it to a Super Bowl with an actual active HoF QB who won MVP twice. And we are supposed to believe he is going to win a Super Bowl ever?

put other HC’s under the same microscope you put on McD and their résumé’s wilt just as easy. If you were a Niners’ fan, Shanny’s seat would be hot. If you were a Packers fans, you’d say, “man, Jordan Love has to be BETTER than Prime MVP Rodgers to have a chance to win with this guy.”

FOH yourself lol

😂😂😂Didn't you spend the whole off-season complaining about Beane's roster

But Shanahan is to blame for the Niners QB situation of course

come back when you have something better

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Ok, what have Dan Campbell, Matt Lafleur, DeMeco Ryans, and Kevin Stefanski accomplished to be ranked ahead of McDermott?

Good question, I'll bite:

• Ryans is new, brings great energy, kind of unproven but looks promising
  • Stefanski has quietly settled the Browns down. We Bills fans B word about McD & injuries, would the Bills have won 11 games with 4 different QBs and 3rd string OTs?
  • LaFleur did well without Rodgers, when nobody thought he would
  • Campbell has certainly turned the Lions around

I'm not sure if those 4 coaches are better than McD, but they're worthy of praise.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

NOPE!!!!

I’m sorry, but you’re being serious, right? 

Sometimes it’s hard to tell. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Could that be because he drafted Solomon Thomas at #3 in 2017 instead of taking a QB? And then pinned his hopes to Jimmy G and giving him a big market contract after like 4 games? And then traded a king’s ransom for a complete bust in Trey Lance? All his fault and his own doing. He’s had 8 years to find a QB. 

Wait, do you think that Shanny controls the draft in SF?

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is a roster built to do what McD does on defense, so once again maybe an oversimplification. 

Change in coaching staffs generally leads to changes in schemes, leading to having to re-work the roster. Sure, let’s start over again. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

This year is a start over. At safety, CB, LB, WR.

None of us wished for this. We wished for a SB with Super Bowl capable teams. Defensive implosions kept us from that wish.

Now we are rebuilding on the fly. 
Wasting a couple more years of Josh’s prime is NOT worth wishing for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

😂😂😂Didn't you spend the whole off-season complaining about Beane's roster

But Shanahan is to blame for the Niners QB situation of course

come back when you have something better

Shanny shares some blame, yeah. 

I mean, you’re the one who was arguing Eddy O should be an All-Pro because he was pick #9 and McD should be able to coach him up. Shouldn’t Shanny be able to coach up “his guy” at #3. “Ffs Shanny, make it work,” right? 

I'm incredulous on a daily basis, we are a perrenial playoff team, all across the country NFL fans tell me they love watching the Bills, and I do believe they will win a SB soon. As I have been a fan since since 1963, I want them to win more than anything to shut down the TBD fire everybody crowd, at least for a year!

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Describing Matty LaFleur here.

Sure, he only had a couple ACTUAL MVP years out of Rodgers, but it didn’t stop him from getting dogwalked by Niners over and over and over again. 

The bottom line is the folks who are over McDermott would’ve fired like 29 active coaches a year, and Shanny would be on the hotseat.

3 coaches in the Super Bowl Era have a winning % over .600 in the regular season and have never been to a Super Bowl.

Marty Schottenheimer, Matt LaFleur, and Sean McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Wait, do you think that Shanny controls the draft in SF?

I am of the impression that Shanny had some input on trading 3 1sts to target Trey Lance at #3.

I am also of the impression that he had some input on trading for Jimmy G and making him one of the highest paid QB’s in the league at the time.

Do you have info that Lynch forced those decisions on him?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stafanski has had one decent season in 3.  Brief Flacco magic makes him top 10?  lol

37-30 in 4 years. Won 11 games twice (made playoffs both times). Flacco was their 4th starting QB last year, and Stefanski won games with PJ Walker at QB (beating SF in one of those). He's solid.