Close your eyes McDermott haters…he’s a top 10 HC

DJB

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

No you wouldn't😂😂you'd be saying how Josh Prescott threw the game and how the circumstances were too much to overcome

Because that is literally what happened w the Bengals game

Oh man.  The Bengals game is another story.  Completely outcoached on both sides of the ball.  If there was a game that Pegula could've been justified firing him for it was that one.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Players literally went on about how much they loved McD for keeping them together during the Hamlin incident! I really can’t stand people who want him gone

Please don't make it personal.  But my opinion is starting to change drastically to wanting the whole Beane/McD/Brady ouster.  It's on style.  I want to see Josh and the offense flourish with investments and game plans that prioritize the 25-30 yard laser pass that separates Josh from the field.

It seems when we lost Daboll we lost a strong voice for the WR investment.  We carried over the exciting have Josh create/scramble for extra time and then fire a 25-30 yard laser down field.  Other teams didn't have the ability to do that.   Because of that, half the time we would blow teams out, it wouldn't be close.  However without a strong influence for investment this offense lost weapons.  Dorsey was trying to accomplish this with G Davis which was a disaster.  J Brady switched to using more Shakir/Kincaid/Cook which brought us back into playoff contention.  That looked like better use of what personnel they had.

Now it looks like they are tailoring their scheme and personnel to this style and foregoing even an average investment into the outside WRs.  I don't want that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Please don't make it personal.  But my opinion is starting to change drastically to wanting the whole Beane/McD/Brady ouster.  It's on style.  I want to see Josh and the offense flourish with investments and game plans that prioritize the 25-30 yard laser pass that separates Josh from the field.

It seems when we lost Daboll we lost a strong voice for the WR investment.  We carried over the exciting have Josh create/scramble for extra time and then fire a 25-30 yard laser down field.  Other teams didn't have the ability to do that.   Because of that, half the time we would blow teams out, it wouldn't be close.  However without a strong influence for investment this offense lost weapons.  Dorsey was trying to accomplish this with G Davis which was a disaster.  J Brady switched to using more Shakir/Kincaid/Cook which brought us back into playoff contention.  That looked like better use of what personnel they had.

Now it looks like they are tailoring their scheme and personnel to this style and foregoing even an average investment into the outside WRs.  I don't want that.

Really!!!

1 minute ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

There's about 15 head coaches that would be ranked #2 on that list with Josh Allen as their QB.

I’m sorry, it’s not just your post but the entire thread that is forgetting what a complicated thing an NFL football team is. There are hundreds of people working to put out the best team we can. Josh is great, but the rest of the team helps a helluva lot too. The oversimplification gets out of control. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McD is the type of coach who can take a 4-12 team to the wild card, but is also the coach who would take a 14-2 team to the wild card.

About the best way I've heard him described. He shrinks the floor and ceiling at the same time. I think that's what has made him so polarizing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The HC with the most wins over the last five seasons is KC coach Andy Reid and the #2 is McD.

The team that has kept Buffalo from the big dance is the Chiefs and if they were in the NFC Buffalo would have been there already IMO.

Can’t you arguably say McD is what’s kept Buffalo from the big Dance?  How do his defenses perform in the playoffs?  How many blunders has he made detrimental to this teams post season success? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sorry, it’s not just your post but the entire thread that is forgetting what a complicated thing an NFL football team is. There are hundreds of people working to put out the best team we can. Josh is great, but the rest of the team helps a helluva lot too. The oversimplification gets out of control. 

It may be an oversimplification but on the flip side I'd argue 25 of the current HCs could win the division and lose in the division round with Allen and this roster. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

About the best way I've heard him described. He shrinks the floor and ceiling at the same time. I think that's what has made him so polarizing. 

He's the Tua Tagovailoa of HCs

You probably need to keep him because the regular season results are so good but you pretty much know you're never winning a championship 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It may be an oversimplification but on the flip side I'd argue 25 of the current HCs could win the division and lose in the division round with Allen and this roster. 

This is a roster built to do what McD does on defense, so once again maybe an oversimplification. 

Change in coaching staffs generally leads to changes in schemes, leading to having to re-work the roster. Sure, let’s start over again. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

16 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

There's about 15 head coaches that would be ranked #2 on that list with Josh Allen as their QB.

It’s probably true a lot of coaches would have success with a top 2-4 QB in the league. I like to give McDermott more respect than that though because he built the structure that allowed Allen to develop.

You could probably take any good defensive coordinator and pair him with Allen now and they could win the AFC East. Sure. Beating KC is another thing.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's the Tua Tagovailoa of HCs

You probably need to keep him because the regular season results are so good but you pretty much know you're never winning a championship 

Describing Matty LaFleur here.

Sure, he only had a couple ACTUAL MVP years out of Rodgers, but it didn’t stop him from getting dogwalked by Niners over and over and over again. 

The bottom line is the folks who are over McDermott would’ve fired like 29 active coaches a year, and Shanny would be on the hotseat.