Close your eyes McDermott haters…he’s a top 10 HC

DJB

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What gets me is all these so-called Bills fans want McDermott fired and replaced and don't comprehend that there have been so few winning head coaches in the team's franchise history.

Lou Saban, 4 years. Chuck Knox, 5 years. Marv Levy, 11 years, Wade Phillips 3 years, Sean McDermott, 7 years. So, in the 63 history of this franchise, it won 2 AFL Championships under Lou Saban. went to four Super Bowls under Marv Levy. Playoffs under Knox, Phillips, and McDermott. 1993 was the Buffalo Bill's last super bowl appearance. 

Bills fans seem to forget about the 2000 to 2016 time of nothing but losing season after season. That said the only 2 guys I would think of giving a chance to be the Buffalo head coach are Bengals DC Lou Anarumo and Steve Spagunolo. However, I don't know if either would be a good head coach.

After the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons I was very concerned that this current HC couldn't get past the Patriots with the so-called greatest HC ever in Bill Belichick. Then in 2020 Buffalo swept the supposed NE defensive genius and owned him in the 2021 playoffs 47-17. The Patriots fired that HC. 

The best team in the NFL over the last five seasons has been the KC Chiefs who have been in the SB 4 of the last 5 years while winning 3 of 4. Buffalo has managed to beat the Chiefs in KC in each of the last 3 seasons. 

I firmly believe that McD will get this team to an SB by beating the Chiefs in the playoffs and will win an SB. 

P.S. Look at the Sabres and you guys want to change the head coach?

Agree with all “be careful what you demand, you may get it!” 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

the cope is starting to get unbearable

the chiefs stanning, blaming beanes roster...these are the same guys who would have been happy conceding the division to the patriots all those years if we had allen at QB

need to get over this inferiority complex asap

Why do McDermott detractors invent this alternate reality? If McDermott was losing the division and losing wildcard games all the time with Allen then it would be a completely different conversation.

If the Chiefs were pulling away from Buffalo head to head then it would be a different conversation. They’re right there with them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why do McDermott detractors invent this alternate reality? If McDermott was losing the division and losing wildcard games all the time with Allen then it would be a completely different conversation.

If the Chiefs were pulling away from Buffalo head to head then it would be a different conversation. They’re right there with them. 

lol if mcdermott was losing this division w allen he would be in running for the worst hc of all time

the regular season results dont do it for me anymore. sorry. beating up on the worst division in football the last 4yrs might be enough for some folks and thats fine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Broncos fans that couldn't admit Montana was better than Elway.

Colts fans that couldn't admit Brady was better than Peyton.

Bills fans that can't admit Mahomes is better than Allen.

Time is a flat circle.

Mahomes is slightly better because of what he has accomplished and what he has accomplished can be attributed to McD to some extent in the games we have faced against him. If McD's defense offered even a mild speed bump of resistance to KC or the Bengals we have a Super Bowl. Your entire argument just ignores how bad this defense has been vs KC and the Bengals. So much worse than other teams who have faced them in the playoffs. You keep saying 15-1 as if just a baseline average performance wouldn't have been enough to disrupt the team you keep saying is unbeatable. Yet we can't even muster average. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, amprov56 said:

What happens if Ben Johnson gets hired and tanks? I know the fire everybody crowd, you would turn on Ben Johnson before mid season was reached and we were 4 - 4 or 5 - 3. Its an OCD!

What if Allen's legs fall off midway on a big TD run this season? 

Same type of question.  

🙄

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

lol if mcdermott was losing this division w allen he would be in running for the worst hc of all time

the regular season results dont do it for me anymore. sorry. beating up on the worst division in football the last 4yrs might be enough for some folks and thats fine

17 carries this team through the regular season. You can almost guarantee anywhere from 10-13 wins. Then when the playoffs start and Allen is continuing to put up good numbers,  we also require a HC who can be the difference.  The in game flaws get exposed.  That's the part of this whole argument that I can't understand gets ignored by his supporters.  Maybe just winning in the regular season is enough?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What is Alan's legs fall off midway on a big TD run this season? 

Same type of question.  

🙄

What if you aunt had b****, she would be your uncle. What if Lombardi coached the Bills in 1966, what if Norwood made the FG. No more hypotheticals.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

17 carries this team through the regular season. You can almost guarantee anywhere from 10-13 wins. Then when the playoffs start and Allen is continuing to put up good numbers,  we also require a HC who can be the difference.  The in game flaws get exposed.  That's the part of this whole argument that I can't understand gets ignored by his supporters.  Maybe just winning in the regular season is enough?

everything gets exposed in the playoffs.

thats why when it truly matters allen's quality is undeniable and our coaching is lacking. its a truism and you have to try really hard to not see it at this point

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just admit you and @HappyDays think we have the best QB in football and if we had a different coach, we’d be going for our threepeat while Mahomes would be battling Burrow for the title of second best QB.

It doesn't really matter. Whatever difference exists between Mahomes and Allen is not the reason they have 4 Super Bowl appearances and we have 0. The rest of the discussion is just trying to figure out what the difference is. If you think QB is the main reason, we are so far apart in the discussion you might as well be talking about the CFL. That's why these discussions aren't productive. Everybody is having a completely different conversation.

The excuses for next year are already written. It was a planned step back year and McDermott isn't to blame for the roster deficiencies. I'm hopeful that after Allen's age 30 season we'll finally have 95% of the fanbase on board and Pegula won't be able to avoid the inevitable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It doesn't really matter. Whatever difference exists between Mahomes and Allen is not the reason they have 4 Super Bowl appearances and we have 0. The rest of the discussion is just trying to figure out what the difference is. If you think QB is the main reason, we are so far apart in the discussion you might as well be talking about the CFL. That's why these discussions aren't productive. Everybody is having a completely different conversation.

The excuses for next year are already written. It was a planned step back year and McDermott isn't to blame for the roster deficiencies. I'm hopeful that after Allen's age 30 season we'll finally have 95% of the fanbase on board and Pegula won't be able to avoid the inevitable.

If everybody just listened to the football experts on TBD we would win a SB, you guys are hilarious! And if you are wrong can we fire you from TBD?

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think we’re probably at a point where a missed playoffs or a wildcard loss would get McDermott fired, possibly Brandon Beane as well.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

I have provided my position multiple times, try to understand sarcasm and try not to take this stuff too seriously, but  you are most welcome. 

this you lol

defense mechanism on repeat from the guy who says not to take this too seriously 😂😂never change

On 6/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, amprov56 said:

Oh, been waiting on you, knew you could not resist! Fire everybody!

On 6/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, amprov56 said:

Come on, say it, fire everybody!

On 6/28/2024 at 1:48 AM, amprov56 said:

We could unload JA and grab Flacco to prove your point! 

On 6/28/2024 at 5:47 AM, amprov56 said:

Okay, whatever!

On 6/28/2024 at 6:00 AM, amprov56 said:

Fire everybody! 

On 6/28/2024 at 10:23 AM, amprov56 said:

Fire is everybody 

On 6/28/2024 at 10:28 AM, amprov56 said:

Fire everybody 

22 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Fire everybody - make it 4!

21 hours ago, amprov56 said:

That's what I want to hear! Go for it!