Close your eyes McDermott haters…he’s a top 10 HC

DJB

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn’t say anything about being happy. It’s just reality, which folks fail to accept. Weird take.

Except that it’s not accurate either. You are pretending that we live in a world where the Bills would be winning SB after SB if not for those darn Chiefs beating us every year en route to another championship. But that has only happened once - this past season. McDermott’s Bills teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. 5-0 against 5-7 seeds and 0-6 against 1-4 seeds. The team that beat the Bills lost their very next game 5 of 6 times. So only once under McDermott have the Bills lost in the playoffs to the best team that season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

What is it with some of you? McD hired Dorsey because he was next in line as the QB coach and QB Josh Allen thoroughly endorsed him.

That move had to be as difficult as there is by firing a guy Allen likes midseason. It paid off big time so it was a brilliant move and saved the season. 

You touched on something here.  It shouldn't matter if it's Allen, as I've pointed out elsewhere, what's needed for us is an OC (or HC) that can see the forest for the trees as the adage goes, to piece together our offense with Allen as the centerpiece, to get every bit out of it that can be gotten.  Reid and others that understand offense that well do that, we never have under Allen.  QBs simply won't have that perspective.  

Allen's personal preferences are nice, but they've failed us now.  

Brady didn't save the season, a defense that gave up only 15 PPG average in our 6 wins did.  That should be obvious.  

If we had allowed the same vs. the Pats, Bengals, and Broncos, we'd have been 8-2 at the point that Dorsey was replaced by Brady.  

Why this eludes so many remains befuddling.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Except that it’s not accurate either. You are pretending that we live in a world where the Bills would be winning SB after SB if not for those darn Chiefs beating us every year en route to another championship. But that has only happened once - this past season. McDermott’s Bills teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. 5-0 against 5-7 seeds and 0-6 against 1-4 seeds. The team that beat the Bills lost their very next game 5 of 6 times. So only once under McDermott have the Bills lost in the playoffs to the best team that season. 

They have played and lost to the preeminent dynasty 3/4 runs. Brady and co didn’t make or play in the Super Bowl every year. They were still usually the class of the conference. 

in 2019, Josh Allen nor the Bills were good enough to make an SB. Hold that against McD if you want but I don’t view that season as a missed opportunity to make a run. Ditto for 17. 

It’s very funny watching history repeat itself. Folks would argue the Pats and Brady weren’t that good until they were blue in the face. They’d start out 2-2 and folks would call the dynasty over (sounds a lot like the Chiefs last year eh?) Then they’d rattle off a couple more SB runs lol.

I’m just ahead of the curve. All the other AFC top tier QB’s are gonna finish their careers with non-stellar playoff records because of Mahomes and Reid. In 15 years, we will all agree that they were beasts in the AFC and an all time NFL dynasty. And that guys like Josh Allen and Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson would’ve had a few more titles between them if they didn’t exist. Just like Peyton and co. would have without the Pats.

Its living history of the NFL that you are denying lol.

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People keep mentioning the Miami game to criticize McDermott. This is all in about 5-6 minutes to end the 2nd quarter up 17-3. All in order. McDermott’s defense held Miami to FGs until Allen’s 2nd INT in 5 minutes, Beasley’s fault. Last clip is the start of the 3rd, again an Allen blunder. Skyler Thompson was 18-45 for 200 yards, 1td, 2int, 4 sacks.

Josh Allen careless INT on 1st down with open players underneath. Mahomes doesn’t do this.

Matt Milano misses tackle on 4th and 8

Shakir drop

Cedric Wilson punt return after Shakir drop

Holland INT off Beasley drop. Now it’s a football game and anything can happen.

Start of the 3rd Allen doesn’t see the blitz on 1st down. Sack, fumble, TD. Miami now leading 24-20 just like that. 

Maybe the fact that it was Skylar Thompson on the other side, who isn't likely to start another game in the NFL, in his second and only other NFL start, led the Fins to a 75-yard drive and TD going 4 of 6 for 59 yards on the drive to bring the game to within 3 in the 4th Quarter.   Hardly a feather in anyone's defensive cap.  

The fact that a Skylar Thompson team even scored more than 17 points, FGs or otherwise, is ridiculous, and at home for us in Buffalo.  

Edited by PBF81

25 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

All you do is side step the Bengals domination of us and how much better KC has performed against Buffalo than other teams they have played more than once. The information is right in front of you. If you want to ignore it that's your choice. 

15-1

15-1

15-1

15-1

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He also had to ignore the fact that McDermott created the Chiefs

Oh no. I have long called that McDermott’s greatest sin and our own personal curse of the Bambino.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

It really is just Kansas City. 15-1 in the playoffs against QB’s not named Brady. I know this reality is tough to accept because Bills fans thought they were the new Pats. We aren’t. That dream is dead. We are gonna have to scratch and claw and get lucky to get past them in the postseason, just like the Ravens, Texans and Bengals will have to do too. Most of these teams will fail to do so, and most already have.

I'm fine with the Chiefs being the new Pats as long as we are the new version of the Colts/Ravens/Steelers from that era. They all went to a couple of Super Bowls and each won one during the Brady Dynasty. I'd take it.

Just. One.

That's all I need. Just one Super Bowl win.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm fine with the Chiefs being the new Pats as long as we are the new version of the Colts/Ravens/Steelers from that era. They all went to a couple of Super Bowls and each won one during the Brady Dynasty. I'd take it.

Just. One.

That's all I need. Just one Super Bowl win.

Yeah that’s the thing. 

Imo that’s what is gonna happen. All this hand wringing about the Chiefs losses in the playoffs is silly. Tomlin lost to the Pats, multiple times. Harbaugh lost to the Pats, multiple times. Same with the rest. The best QB’s of that era still got theirs eventually (except Rivers who was the worst of the best, objectively speaking)

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Maybe the fact that it was Skylar Thompson on the other side, who isn't likely to start another game in the NFL, in his second and only other NFL start, led the Fins to a 75-yard drive and TD going 4 of 6 for 59 yards on the drive to bring the game to within 3 in the 4th Quarter.   Hardly a feather in anyone's defensive cap.  

The fact that a Skylar Thompson team even scored more than 17 points, FGs or otherwise, is ridiculous, and at home for us in Buffalo.  

At what point does winning a game despite 3 turnovers resulting in 18 points become a coaching success vs a coaching failure?

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Points allowed vs Mahomes in the playoffs.

1) Texans 51

2) Steelers 42

3) Eagles 38

4) Bills 36 (3 games)

5) Tennessee 35

6) NE 31

7) Indy 31

8 ) 49ers 28 (2 games)

9) Jags 27

10) MIA 26

11) Cincinnati 24 (2 games)

12) Cleveland 22 

13) Baltimore 17

14) Tampa 9

Wait are you using this as an argument in favor of McDermott? This is stunning. Thank you for putting this together. Proves our point exactly.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imo that’s what is gonna happen.

When? Everyone seemingly agrees the roster is worse this year. We may never see the caliber of dominant offense that we got in the 2022 playoffs again in Allen's career. If that wasn't good enough, what will be? It's hard for me to envision a situation favorable enough for this coaching staff to manage getting through a couple of elite QBs and then beating whatever team dominated the NFC that year.

Remember the goal isn't to beat the Chiefs once in a decade. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Personally I don't think we would have won either of the last two Super Bowls even if we had made it there. So what exactly are you envisioning? We suddenly add four elite players to the roster in the next couple years, enter the playoffs with zero injuries to starters, manage to skate by the Chiefs and Bengals in coin flip games, and then win a shootout in the Super Bowl? Because let's be honest that's the most realistic path under this coaching staff. Everything has to be absolutely perfect, for our elite QB to have a shot at winning a single Super Bowl in his career.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When? Everyone seemingly agrees the roster is worse this year. We may never see the caliber of dominant offense that we got in the 2022 playoffs again in Allen's career. If that wasn't good enough, what will be? It's hard for me to envision a situation favorable enough for this coaching staff to manage getting through a couple of elite QBs and then beating whatever team dominated the NFC that year.

Remember the goal isn't to beat the Chiefs once in a decade. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Personally I don't think we would have won either of the last two Super Bowls even if we had made it there. So what exactly are you envisioning? We suddenly add four elite players to the roster in the next couple years, enter the playoffs with zero injuries to starters, manage to skate by the Chiefs and Bengals in coin flip games, and then win a shootout in the Super Bowl? Because let's be honest that's the most realistic path under this coaching staff. Everything has to be absolutely perfect, for our elite QB to have a shot at winning a single Super Bowl in his career.

That doesn't matter

The only thing that matters is that Sean McDermott be allowed to coach here as long as possible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eventually. 

Allen’s best game wasn’t good enough when Mahomes had two HoF targets to throw to. That 2021 team was more talented than the current Chiefs. And from a football history perspective, if we keep getting cracks at them in the playoffs, we will eventually win. 

Football adages aside, stranger things have happened. You say things have to go perfect, well sometimes they do. Flacco had a near perfect run once. Nick Foles played at a level he should not have been capable of for his SB run. Peyton Manning was a shell of himself and won one.

Maybe Mahomes tweaks something and misses the playoffs and the Ravens knock out the Bengals and then we wax Lamar like we always do and get to the Super Bowl. ***** like this happens lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Eventually. 

Allen’s best game wasn’t good enough when Mahomes had two HoF targets to throw to. That 2021 team was more talented than the current Chiefs. And from a football history perspective, if we keep getting cracks at them in the playoffs, we will eventually win. 

Football adages aside, stranger things have happened. You say things have to go perfect, well sometimes they do. Flacco had a near perfect run once. Nick Foles played at a level he should not have been capable of for his SB run. Peyton Manning was a shell of himself and won one.

Maybe Mahomes tweaks something and misses the playoffs and the Ravens knock out the Bengals and then we wax Lamar like we always do and get to the Super Bowl. ***** like this happens lol.

Allen already had the Flacco run, except his was better lol

Harbaugh got the Ravens a super Bowl out of it. We got another divisional loss

It's not going to happen 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is it McDermott or the lack of play makers and big game players on defense? You think they gave Von $120 million for no reason?

Name me the best defensive player vs the Chiefs or Bengals? When we play the Chiefs I’m constantly noticing Chris Jones. Where’s Oliver? Where’s Milano? Hyde? Poyer? Hughes, Rousseau? White? Johnson?

Look. I get that the Bills didn't have the players to be an elite defense. They weren't going to be the Steel Curtain Steelers, or the '85 Bears. I'm not asking for that. But, I am asking for them to accomplish something, in their playoff games against the Chiefs and Bengals. The Bengals didn't have the talent to be an elite defense either, and they achieved six stops. McDermott has never achieved more than two stops, in a playoff game against the Chiefs or Bengals. Was our defense really that much less talented than theirs, that they should be accomplishing 3x as much as we did? 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's not going to happen 

Then it wasn't a perfect run, was it?

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's not going to happen 

Mike McCarthy got a Super Bowl when Aaron Rodgers had a run like that. A QB dominating to that level in the playoffs is supposed to be a cheat code. Not for us unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Then it wasn't a perfect run, was it?

That's the whole point

Allen can be statistically the greatest playoff QB in NFL history and it doesn't matter because McDermott's defense is going to choke it away in the end 

I have zero confidence he would be able to handle the pressure of a super bowl

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

That's the whole point

Allen can be statistically the greatest playoff QB in NFL history and it doesn't matter because McDermott's defense is going to choke it away in the end 

I have zero confidence he would be able to handle the pressure of a super bowl

I like McD's odds against the field of the NFC vs the Chiefs again in a big spot lol.

Edited by FireChans

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I like McD's odds against the field of the NFC vs the Chiefs again in a big spot lol.

I know you do. You have this incredibly inaccurate vision of McDermott as some really successful playoff coach who's just unlucky against the Chiefs 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I know you do. You have this incredibly inaccurate vision of McDermott as some really successful playoff coach who's just unlucky against the Chiefs 

That’s because he has a winning record in the playoffs against teams that are not the Chiefs.

Edited by FireChans